Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
uhmm.. I have a question... will saves break on the release of chapter 1 (if it ever gets released I guess)?
It's been so long that i've played this game that I don't remember where the hell I stored the previous save.
Going to give it a try and play it again if the save doesnt break on the release of the next update.
Saves will not break from now on!

Reactions: DearLegend37

sleito

Dec 8, 2019
Hot damn. I was actually sad when this showed as abandoned on the site. I'm just glad this is back.
Ps: I'm thankful for all the new stuff and all but honestly I just want to see my best bro again lol

Reactions: Komisari

He-man96.

May 25, 2018
My saves are kind of broken. I can load my saves but I can't save again. I get the error that I posted earlier.

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
Well, we are completely off-track then, because I've never mentioned something about that style of using Koikatsu.

It's way easier to manage pngs over the long run? Yes.

It's way easier to create those pngs with Koikatsu? Fuck yes, like, 50 times easier.

I think it already went out of context because nothing you've mentioned was ever in the discussion!
I was not the one that started the "reusing sprites vs doing multiple scenes", another guy did that comparison and I believed that it's not something that should be compared. Check the messages above.
And yet that's exactly what you were comparing.

Then let's just chalk this up to "your wording was bad" cause in the large post you were comparing a dev drawing "a png character" with another doing "a easy Koikatsu character"

Let's set an example; Two developers, one doing a png character with expressions, outfits, and etc. And the other, doing a easy Koikatsu character.
when that's not the crux of the issue, the choice you made of how to display your scenes is slower, I can agree to that, but that has nothing to do with being a Koi dev (or any other 3d alternative).
You came off as saying drawn games were only sprites (and no CGs), which well duh that would be faster, but as you just said it would be an unfair comparison to make (and yet you did make it, even if you weren't the first to).

Knuckel

Jan 30, 2018
I dont post on here often. Hardly at all. Just like almost everyone else, I am annoyed at the 2, going on 3, year wait for the update. However, and this may seem like flimsy reasoning, but I trust Komi is actually working on the game. Maybe not 40 hours a week like some devs, but he is far from a scammer, like many other devs. The reason I believe this?

The transparency. Komi wanted to keep the abandoned tag to keep people from thinking this was a half-assed attempt to make the game seem like its still alive and being worked on. Komi is also one of the few devs who actually still have their incomes visible on Patreon, and doesn't try to hide it after making a certain amount. Unike Runey, who stopped showing his earning almost two years ago. At nearly 6,000 patrons, and an average of $7 per patron before he hid it, he could be making anywhere around 40K a month for..... 2 hours of content every 6 months with default animations?

Even an update as small as this would've taken many devs 6 months to release, at a much higher income than what Komi is making.

Lastly, you can see the improvement in quality in Komi's works. There is much less clipping, the visuals are nice, the facial expressions are really nice, and all of the animations are unique and not default, like many other devs.

While I have a hard time believing Komi works on this game 40 hours a week, and he probably spends a bit more time goofing with his community than working on the game, I do think it is worth giving him the benefit of the doubt. Seeing the quality of this mini update, it should be apparent that it's not something just slapped together by some novice dev. Komi has serious hours put into the scene setup for his game.

We all have seen what minimum quality KK games look like, from devs who dont actually put time into learning and perfecting their art. And this aint it.

Edit: that "lastly" was not lastly. LMAO

One more afterthought edit, How about the fact that Komi made this update FREE. Had he chosen, he could have easily made thousands extra by locking this behind a paywall for the next several weeks, and a massive patron spike. He chose not to. And that, I will respect.

Last edited:

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I dont post on here often. Hardly at all. Just like almost everyone else, I am annoyed at the 2, going on 3, year wait for the update. However, and this may seem like flimsy reasoning, but I trust Komi is actually working on the game. Maybe not 40 hours a week like some devs, but he is far from a scammer, like many other devs. The reason I believe this?

The transparency. Komi wanted to keep the abandoned tag to keep people from thinking this was a half-assed attempt to make the game seem like its still alive and being worked on. Komi is also one of the few devs who actually still have their incomes visible on Patreon, and doesn't try to hide it after making a certain amount. Unike Runey, who stopped showing his earning almost two years ago. At nearly 6,000 patrons, and an average of $7 per patron before he hid it, he could be making anywhere around 40K a month for..... 2 hours of content every 6 months with default animations?

Even an update as small as this would've taken many devs 6 months to release, at a much higher income than what Komi is making.

Lastly, you can see the improvement in quality in Komi's works. There is much less clipping, the visuals are nice, the facial expressions are really nice, and all of the animations are unique and not default, like many other devs.

While I have a hard time believing Komi works on this game 40 hours a week, and he probably spends a bit more time goofing with his community than working on the game, I do think it is worth giving him the benefit of the doubt. Seeing the quality of this mini update, it should be apparent that it's not something just slapped together by some novice dev. Komi has serious hours put into the scene setup for his game.

We all have seen what minimum quality KK games look like, from devs who dont actually put time into learning and perfecting their art. And this aint it.

Edit: that "lastly" was not lastly. LMAO
Thank you so much.
As I said before, this means a lot to me.

I'm not asking anyone to put me on a pedestal, I made my mistakes, let me arrange them.

nemojason

May 22, 2017
i love this game, only i have a lot of bug : "impossible to use talk with Luna"-> error message each time + crash, "i got error message at the end of love event but without crash and i can use ignore for finish the event, the cross on the quest board cannot be activated to close the window to return to the world-> the only way to do this is to press esc close the menu and then the cross is available to close the quest board

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
i love this game, only i have a lot of bug : "impossible to use talk with Luna"-> error message each time + crash, "i got error message at the end of love event but without crash and i can use ignore for finish the event, the cross on the quest board cannot be activated to close the window to return to the world-> the only way to do this is to press esc close the menu and then the cross is available to close the quest board
Apply the patch.

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
Just played the game for the very first time. As someone who has no idea of the previous development process that seems to cause issue with some people, I'd rather focus on some thoughts I had immediately after trying the game.

To the Dev:

You've done a really great job with the diversity of characters and how they are presented. Sometimes I got the feel as if it was a fully realtime 3D animation despite being only a mix of still frames and animated loops. The poses and such have some issues surely, mainly clipping and not feeling organic enough, but overall the presentation is really nice. Pretty much all characters are really lovable in their own right. Good job, didn't think I'd get to laugh and swell up one or two tears while playing a smut game.

There's a huge BUT though: The contemporary writing, however, is atrocious. I am describing it as this dramatic because the game could be so so so much more than what it already is. What I mean is the actual scene to scene writing. Sometimes, it feels amateurish with an early internet era charme to it, most of the times it actually ruins the great story and character arc setups you have been going not only due to its spelling errors and nonsensical sentences, but also due to it reading like a half-assed fanfic of something. There also needs to be more gradual character development, less dry exposition (show, don't tell) and a bit more person-to-person conflict (aside from the main plot).

Again, I am decently harsh on that point because the game could be so much more.
I'd suggest for the Dev to look into getting someone on board who at least proof reads (as it's clear Dev is not native in English, neither am I though so whatever), or better yet someone who is decent in writing stories that get you immersed, if the finances allow for it.

As for the smut content itself, I had no issues with the slow burn the Dev was going for. Actually made me care about the characters more. However I must say that all in all, it felt a bit light on erotic content in hindsight. There should be random events happening while i.e. traversing through the guild hall, touching more on the ("soon-to-be") harem dynamic. There should be more repeatable actions too. They don't have to be outright sex, they can be more teasing, more "discovering" the cast of girls, etc.

Bonus praise: UX/UI is simply good. Of course, some points could be improved via player feedback, as they always could, but I'm very pleasantly surprised on how good the mechanical navigation on screen actually feels.

It's absolutely valid for one person not be good in every single department a game commands. There are clearly enough areas where the Dev shines: characters design and progression, ux/ui, world building, etc. I say that because I know sometimes when developers of these games browse here, criticism of their blood & sweat can cause drama. I'm not after any of that so nobody should take it as a attack on someone's person.

I'm a bit sad now that I've played through all of the content, had a great time and wish there was more content to spend more time in game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mythrs and Komisari

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Just played the game for the very first time. As someone who has no idea of the previous development process that seems to cause issue with some people, I'd rather focus on some thoughts I had immediately after trying the game.

To the Dev:

You've done a really great job with the diversity of characters and how they are presented. Sometimes I got the feel as if it was a fully realtime 3D animation despite being only a mix of still frames and animated loops. The poses and such have some issues surely, mainly clipping and not feeling organic enough, but overall the presentation is really nice. Pretty much all characters are really lovable in their own right. Good job, didn't think I'd get to laugh and swell up one or two tears while playing a smut game.

There's a huge BUT though: The contemporary writing, however, is atrocious. I am describing it as this dramatic because the game could be so so so much more than what it already is. What I mean is the actual scene to scene writing. Sometimes, it feels amateurish with an early internet era charme to it, most of the times it actually ruins the great story and character arc setups you have been going not only due to its spelling errors and nonsensical sentences, but also due to it reading like a half-assed fanfic of something. There also needs to be more gradual character development, less dry exposition (show, don't tell) and a bit more person-to-person conflict (aside from the main plot).

Again, I am decently harsh on that point because the game could be so much more.
I'd suggest for the Dev to look into getting someone on board who at least proof reads (as it's clear Dev is not native in English, neither am I though so whatever), or better yet someone who is decent in writing stories that get you immersed, if the finances allow for it.

As for the smut content itself, I had no issues with the slow burn the Dev was going for. Actually made me care about the characters more. However I must say that all in all, it felt a bit light on erotic content in hindsight. There should be random events happening while i.e. traversing through the guild hall, touching more on the ("soon-to-be") harem dynamic. There should be more repeatable actions too. They don't have to be outright sex, they can be more teasing, more "discovering" the cast of girls, etc.

Bonus praise: UX/UI is simply good. Of course, some points could be improved via player feedback, as they always could, but I'm very pleasantly surprised on how good the mechanical navigation on screen actually feels.

It's absolutely valid for one person not be good in every single department a game commands. There are clearly enough areas where the Dev shines: characters design and progression, ux/ui, world building, etc. I say that because I know sometimes when developers of these games browse here, criticism of their blood & sweat can cause drama. I'm not after any of that so nobody should take it as a attack on someone's person.

I'm a bit sad now that I've played through all of the content, had a great time and wish there was more content to spend more time in game.
Thank you so much! Well, some of the writing was already fixed, the thing is. What you are playing right now in the prologue (Just before you get the big screen of "Prologue FInished") it's 2 years old, and I used that to create a what-i-believe-it-would-be 1-month work seasonal event.

What you can expect, from now on, is the quality seen in the Snowy Event. The one you unlock after finishing the main game.
And I'm always trying to improve, will definitely take everything you said in consideration, thank you so much!

• Red Heart
Reactions: aereton

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
Thank you so much! Well, some of the writing was already fixed, the thing is. What you are playing right now in the prologue (Just before you get the big screen of "Prologue FInished") it's 2 years old, and I used that to create a what-i-believe-it-would-be 1-month work seasonal event.

What you can expect, from now on, is the quality seen in the Snowy Event. The one you unlock after finishing the main game.
And I'm always trying to improve, will definitely take everything you said in consideration, thank you so much!
Thanks, might check the new content out in the coming days. I just checked I played on version 0.1.2, is there any indication that the Snowy Event is available or about to start, like a quest or character hint? I'm also stuck on the Misdirection quest as I couldn't find one of the five clues and I played until 4am in the morning already :KEK: so might be because I still haven't unlocked everything yet.

Hit me up if you ever decide to do a realtime HHG sequel in future years, as a seasoned Unity dev I'd love to realize the full potential of this as a sandbox.

(edit) Oh okay the new content seems to be on 0.1.2.1 but not yet available for Mac that's why.

airuu

May 15, 2021
Cool update man nice work! I liked the new fishing mechanics, also did Komisari ever release a list of what's planned for the chapter 1 update? like voiced scenes or whatever

iYuma

Nov 17, 2017
If you're talking about the Extra Content CG link in the OP, its just extra stuff and isn't needed for the game.

Can anyone confirm if this works with the new content? I started a new game and used the patch I still had with the previous version. I'm pretty sure I set it up manually like this back then too. I can confirm that its working on the older content.
Confirmed it works.
1682502462861.png

Reactions: JLucci

s.pa

Dec 24, 2019
Is there a reason as to why I can't build the library, despite having everything I would need to have it built. Without the library, I am pretty much soft-locked out of the rest of the content.
If you already have the papers then when you are at the upgrade screen with the quintuplets add 10 of them to the trade window and that will allow you to click on the library upgrade. That was a bit confusing to me too.

Reactions: DarkChild1996

VikingCock

Dec 29, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script/tutorial.rpy", line 382, in script call
    ""
  File "game/script/tutorial.rpy", line 423, in script call
    ""
  File "game/script/guild_nav.rpy", line 20, in script call
    ""
  File "game/script/fara.rpy", line 243, in script call
    call expression talkingto pass (side=side) from _call_expression_1
  File "game/script/guild_nav.rpy", line 174, in script call
    ""
    ""
  File "game/script/script.rpy", line 117, in script call
    $pause(0.75)
  File "game/script/lake.rpy", line 70, in script call
    ""
  File "game/script/shikia.rpy", line 81, in script call
    call expression talkingto pass (side=side) from _call_expression_76
  File "game/script/lake.rpy", line 341, in script call
    ""
  File "game/script/market.rpy", line 30, in script call
    ""
  File "game/script/guild_nav.rpy", line 320, in script call
    ""
    ""
    $pause(0.75)
  File "game/script/time.rpy", line 94, in script call
    call map(prologue=(town_location == "Prologue"),cangoback=False,fromclock=True) from _call_map_13
    $pause(0.75)
    ""
    $pause(0.75)
  File "game/script/lake.rpy", line 21, in script call
    ""
    $pause(0.75)
    ""
    $pause(0.75)
  File "game/script/quintuplets.rpy", line 177, in script call
    call quintuplets_root(shop="Open") from _call_quintuplets_root
  File "game/script/quintuplets.rpy", line 20, in script call
    Quintuplets "Ask if you need anything!"
  File "game/script/quintuplets.rpy", line 198, in script call
    call map(cangoback=False) from _call_map_7
    $pause(0.75)
  File "game/script/beach.rpy", line 21, in script call
    ""
  File "game/script/sunny.rpy", line 91, in script call
    call expression talkingto pass (side=side) from _call_expression_18
    ""
    $pause(0.75)
  File "game/script/guild_nav.rpy", line 95, in script call
    ""
  File "game/script/lucy.rpy", line 381, in script call
    call expression talkingto pass (side=side) from _call_expression_61
    ""
  File "game/script/luna.rpy", line 160, in script call
    call expression talkingto pass (side=side) from _call_expression_8
  File "game/script/luna.rpy", line 55, in script
    menu .talk(talk=side):
  File "game/script/luna.rpy", line 57, in <module>
    "Cat"(img=["gui/exclamation.png"]) if luna.talkSys("cat") and luna.level < 6:
  File "game/script/girls.rpy", line 554, in talkSys
    return ((string not in self.talk) and eval(self.menuTalk[string]["condition"]) and (self.location_id in self.menuTalk[string]["locations"] or self.menuTalk[string]["locations"] == []))
KeyError: u'cat'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    ""
    ""
    ""
  File "game/script/guild_nav.rpy", line 174, in script call
    ""
    ""
    $pause(0.75)
  File "game/script/lake.rpy", line 70, in script call
    ""
  File "game/script/shikia.rpy", line 81, in script call
    call expression talkingto pass (side=side) from _call_expression_76
  File "game/script/lake.rpy", line 341, in script call
    ""
    ""
    ""
    ""
    $pause(0.75)
  File "game/script/time.rpy", line 94, in script call
    call map(prologue=(town_location == "Prologue"),cangoback=False,fromclock=True) from _call_map_13
    $pause(0.75)
    ""
    $pause(0.75)
  File "game/script/lake.rpy", line 21, in script call
    ""
    $pause(0.75)
    ""
    $pause(0.75)
    $pause(0.75)
    ""
  File "game/script/sunny.rpy", line 91, in script call
    call expression talkingto pass (side=side) from _call_expression_18
    ""
    $pause(0.75)
    ""
  File "game/script/lucy.rpy", line 381, in script call
    call expression talkingto pass (side=side) from _call_expression_61
    ""
  File "game/script/luna.rpy", line 160, in script call
    call expression talkingto pass (side=side) from _call_expression_8
  File "game/script/luna.rpy", line 55, in script
    menu .talk(talk=side):
  File "C:\Users\Downloads\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\ast.py", line 1628, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "C:\Users\k\Downloads\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\exports.py", line 956, in menu
    condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
  File "C:\Users\k\Downloads\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\k\Downloads\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script/luna.rpy", line 57, in <module>
    "Cat"(img=["gui/exclamation.png"]) if luna.talkSys("cat") and luna.level < 6:
  File "game/script/girls.rpy", line 554, in talkSys
    return ((string not in self.talk) and eval(self.menuTalk[string]["condition"]) and (self.location_id in self.menuTalk[string]["locations"] or self.menuTalk[string]["locations"] == []))
KeyError: u'cat'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Heros Harem Guild v0.1.2.1
Wed Apr 26 04:35:56 2023

and another

Code:

While running game code:
    ""
    ""
  File "game/script/fara.rpy", line 1069, in script
    $fara.addGallery("wed2_sex")
  File "game/script/fara.rpy", line 1069, in <module>
  File "game/script/girls.rpy", line 666, in addGallery
    name = self.galleryEvents[string]["name"]
KeyError: u'wed2_sex'

Full traceback:
    ""
    ""
  File "game/script/fara.rpy", line 1069, in script
  File "C:\Users\k\Downloads\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\k\Downloads\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script/fara.rpy", line 1069, in <module>
KeyError: u'wed2_sex'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Wed Apr 26 05:04:44 2023

Code:

While running game code:
    ""
    ""
    ""
    ""
    ""
  File "game/script/bicycle_parking.rpy", line 22, in script call
    ""
    $pause(0.75)
    ""
  File "game/script/guild_nav.rpy", line 1339, in script call
    ""
    ""
    ""
  File "game/script/evie.rpy", line 648, in script call
    call map from _call_map_12
  File "game/script/quintuplets.rpy", line 148, in script call
    $pause(0.75)
  File "game/script/fara.rpy", line 1639, in script
    $fara.addGallery("assistant_room_sex")
  File "game/script/fara.rpy", line 1639, in <module>
KeyError: u'assistant_room_sex'

Full traceback:
    ""
    ""
    ""
    ""
    ""
  File "game/script/bicycle_parking.rpy", line 22, in script call
    ""
    $pause(0.75)
    ""
    ""
    ""
    ""
  File "game/script/evie.rpy", line 648, in script call
    call map from _call_map_12
    $pause(0.75)
  File "game/script/fara.rpy", line 1639, in script
  File "C:\Users\k\Downloads\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\k\Downloads\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script/fara.rpy", line 1639, in <module>
KeyError: u'assistant_room_sex'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Wed Apr 26 05:25:51 2023

Last edited:

deskt

Jul 24, 2018
Okay man i honestly hope that you are right and i would like that from depth of my heart, But you have to understand if you scam & trick you "fans" again after this you can kiss you patreons goodbye cuss that would be the end.
XD You need to understand even if the guy does the same thing again, he won't lose patreons, people are just so stupid, as long as you just say "I'm working on it" no matter if 10 years have passed, they will still believe it

Implied

Jul 1, 2021
I do not say this lightly, and am glad an update has been delivered. However, this update has an infinite number of hallmarks of masking little to no progress on the main chapter.

It refers WAY too much to previous events that 'happen' in Chapter 1. If you look at the entire style of writing that Komisari has done in the original game there are literally 0 examples of this. Narissa popping up and saying 'you should be used to seeing me pop up like this by now'.

It is incredibly disingenuous and an insidious tactic to demonstrate to the unknowing that there is already a chapter one with serious progress in the works. The sheer number of references to this glorious new update that is on the horizon is suspicious enough, let alone the weird interactions that break your immersion and are obviously planted.

This is a serious cause for concern and I hope the more easily persuaded amongst us do not buy into the narrative and can identify the serious break from writing norms that this and it's intent to trap more Patreons.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes