Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
so the glasses dude is the new mc now?
not gonna hate but i was more into it when the mc had no face xD
It is the same dude, he never had no face xD.
And he has a special outfit for Christmas, those glasses are just for this event. He will have his normal outfit ater.

as13lc

Oct 29, 2019
What?
The speed should be the one you set to the game during the entirely of the Christmas except in two situations who are at the start.

The text SHOULDN'T be slower the rest of the game, it was still slow?
I did not add anything to modify the speed.
I didn't go back and replay previous stuff, just the new content. It has maybe been a while since I'd played the prologue though, so it's possible that it was the same as before. Either way, I wasn't too pleased with having to click several times to get a single line of dialogue to show up. There were plenty of places where even with text speed set to maximum, I'd still be getting one word or even one letter showing up at a time.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I didn't go back and replay previous stuff, just the new content. It has maybe been a while since I'd played the prologue though, so it's possible that it was the same as before. Either way, I wasn't too pleased with having to click several times to get a single line of dialogue to show up. There were plenty of places where even with text speed set to maximum, I'd still be getting one word or even one letter showing up at a time.
I'm going to address this problem soon, thank you for letting me know.

Reactions: as13lc

deskt

Jul 24, 2018
FUCK IT!! I can't finish this update. I hate how slow the fucking text is it's actually making me fucking mad. I will just wait until chapter 1 is released and see if it's fixed by then. I don't even care if I have to wait another 2 years.
say no more :'v

danokyzu

Jul 23, 2018
It is the same dude, he never had no face xD.
And he has a special outfit for Christmas, those glasses are just for this event. He will have his normal outfit ater.
oh sry man mandela effect
it's been a while since i played the game just saw the trailer and got confused xD

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Yeah that was pretty much my experience with this update. I probably went a little overboard with my comments but I was really annoyed at the time. I will try it again when chapter 1 is released. I will probably enjoy it more then since the dialogue will make more sense because I have the full context of what happend in chapter 1.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Yeah that was pretty much my experience with this update. I probably went a little overboard with my comments but I was really annoyed at the time. I will try it again when chapter 1 is released. I will probably enjoy it more then since the dialogue will make more sense because I have the full context of what happend in chapter 1.
I'm finishing from fixing this issue right now.
Give me some time and a new version will be available with the option to ignore dialogue breaks and even ignore text speed and use your own.
It will work on every single part of the game, except on cinematics.

Reactions: Badjourasmix

tneer2

Feb 21, 2019
2 YEARS.....

2 YEARS OF NO UPDATES.

it's finally here. After two whole years.
Hope this was worth the wait.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
releasing a post chapter 1 christmas event before chapter 1 is the galaxy brained development I wanted to see

good update but seriously makes no sense. the initial message implies 2 years werent just spent on this event, we'll see.

then agian, it's all released for free, so i have no reason to care how long the wait is, thats patreons problem

Reactions: Komisari
Oct 3, 2017
I'm finishing from fixing this issue right now.
Give me some time and a new version will be available with the option to ignore dialogue breaks and even ignore text speed and use your own.
It will work on every single part of the game, except on cinematics.
Hi Komisari, last time i played there weren't any sliders for the auto-play speed. While you're at it, could you add the slider, I can't be the only one who plays the game (especially the H scenes) in auto-play. It'd be nice to adjust the speed of it.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Hi Komisari, last time i played there weren't any sliders for the auto-play speed. While you're at it, could you add the slider, I can't be the only one who plays the game (especially the H scenes) in auto-play. It'd be nice to adjust the speed of it.
Yes, I will add it!
The thing is, for how the sex scenes (the new) are created they don't auto-play.
I will change that so it works normally. How you play these kind of scenes? would you like for, once the dialogue is done to instantly go to the next animation? Or do you want a small delay between them?

ghüs

Apr 21, 2020
I had lots of problems with building distributions. HHG v0.1.2 uses the old renpy 7.3.5.
Also, parts of the game looks quite pixelated because the wrong compression option I used, so, give me a day or so and I'll start porting this one to new renpy versions like the v0.1.3 is (I had to make lots of changes to port Chapter 1 to the new renpy), but all of them are saved in the v0.1.3 script.

Once I port everything, I will build for mac.
thanks for the reply! can't wait to play when it's completed

Oct 3, 2017
Yes, I will add it!
The thing is, for how the sex scenes (the new) are created they don't auto-play.
I will change that so it works normally. How you play these kind of scenes? would you like for, once the dialogue is done to instantly go to the next animation? Or do you want a small delay between them?
I can answer that by telling how I play other games. I play while the text speed is full so the dialogue appears instantly. And I move the auto-play slider left so after the dialogue is shown, it takes 2-3 seconds to get to the next one. But in the games I play that time (how long the text stays on the screen) changes according to how long the dialogue is. I don't think I have the knowledge to explain it completely because I don't know anything about coding, etc. But if you ever play another Renpy game in auto mode you'll understand what I mean.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I can answer that by telling how I play other games. I play while the text speed is full so the dialogue appears instantly. And I move the auto-play slider left so after the dialogue is shown, it takes 2-3 seconds to get to the next one. But in the games I play that time changes according to how long the dialogue is. I don't think I have the knowledge to explain it completely because I don't know anything about coding, etc. But if you ever play another Renpy game in auto mode you'll understand what I mean.
So, from one dialogue to the next one you don't want any delay between animations, right?

Oct 3, 2017
So, from one dialogue to the next one you don't want any delay between animations, right?
Animations are usually loops that continue with the dialogues. In the most games I play the animation changes after certain dialogues are done. This (sometimes) causes some annoying outcomes such as ending the animation in the middle of it, without even looping once. Some better games figure it out to make you see the whole animation without skipping it before the loop repeats. So when the animation begins, dialogue should flow like any other part of the game.

If your animation loops are longer, dialogue should wait until the animation is shown fully. I can give you an example like this:

Think of a cowgirl h scene. The dialogue reflects the position and shows whatever they talk including the narrating. If the animation is long, the dialogue should wait until at least the animation loops again. Let's say they go to missionary position after that. The conversation they're having tied to the missionary position should only start with the relevant animation starts.

This might be too hard to do in a short notice so this example is only to tell you how it is done best.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes