Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Why a complete rework? That seems like such a waste. I really don't want this to be another monster girl island or breeding season.
Hello, because every time you move almost 400 lines of code are being run, lagging the game a lot. If I want to change one attribute of a girl, like the color of their names, their subtitle (example "Lady Of The Town" or "The Tinkerer") or I want to change one TIP because it's misspelled or with grammatical errors, the only way to do this is:

You have to start a new save, with the new attributes OR I have to make a condition every time you move, checking if it's true even after it's fixed, lagging a lot.
And this doesn't happen only with the girls, but for almost everything. If I decide to add a ... I don't know... An attribute to see how many X fish did you catch to make some sort of bonuses or idk, you LITERALLY need to start a new save.

I don't want to rework the game to make new mechanics or to make new features, I want to rework the game FOR ME to be able to work without killing myself in the process. Without making mistakes and forcing the players to start again and without working 500 hours to add only one simple feature.

I started HHG with literally 0 knowledge about coding. And I can't continue this game with that code.

Right now, I changed most of the code, and it's beautiful for me to work. I can change stuff without killing saves, add girls almost instantly, the same with items, and give them use. With the code the game has for v0.1.2, I'm confident enough to say that every modder will be able to add their own girls or locations, without losing any feature of the base game.
It's not what I was looking for, but it's what I got! And I'm happy about it! Because with the v0.1.2 I'll be able to work extremely better, the players will have updates more sooner and, the most important thing, it works really great!

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Having to start over it's not ideal, but it's better to work on those issues now when the game is still in it's early stages. One thing I wish the game had is a way for the player to decide the types of relations the characters have, the whole partner thing sounds weird to me.

• Hey there
Reactions: Komisari

Xerneas

Apr 27, 2017
Hello, because every time you move almost 400 lines of code are being run, lagging the game a lot. If I want to change one attribute of a girl, like the color of their names, their subtitle (example "Lady Of The Town" or "The Tinkerer") or I want to change one TIP because it's misspelled or with grammatical errors, the only way to do this is:

You have to start a new save, with the new attributes OR I have to make a condition every time you move, checking if it's true even after it's fixed, lagging a lot.
And this doesn't happen only with the girls, but for almost everything. If I decide to add a ... I don't know... An attribute to see how many X fish did you catch to make some sort of bonuses or idk, you LITERALLY need to start a new save.

I don't want to rework the game to make new mechanics or to make new features, I want to rework the game FOR ME to be able to work without killing myself in the process. Without making mistakes and forcing the players to start again and without working 500 hours to add only one simple feature.

I started HHG with literally 0 knowledge about coding. And I can't continue this game with that code.

Right now, I changed most of the code, and it's beautiful for me to work. I can change stuff without killing saves, add girls almost instantly, the same with items, and give them use. With the code the game has for v0.1.2, I'm confident enough to say that every modder will be able to add their own girls or locations, without losing any feature of the base game.
It's not what I was looking for, but it's what I got! And I'm happy about it! Because with the v0.1.2 I'll be able to work extremely better, the players will have updates more sooner and, the most important thing, it works really great!
As a computer science major, I can say this is 100% the right way to go. Especially when you go into something with no experience in programming, you learn so much in a short amount of time that will make your job easier in the long run. By reworking it and implementing everything you've learned this early, you'll make your entire dev-cycle so much less painful. Always makes me happy when a dev realizes this and fixes it, so kudos!

Tenets

Dec 4, 2018
Hi, looking to start this game, just wondering as this game downloads; how much content is available as of nowthat is developed? And additionally, with the "incest patch" from previous versions what does it edit and make?

I've read that if you put "truestory" as MC's name it'll enable him calling someone something. Does that make your name then true storY?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Hi, looking to start this game, just wondering as this game downloads; how much content is available as of nowthat is developed? And additionally, with the "incest patch" from previous versions what does it edit and make?

I've read that if you put "truestory" as MC's name it'll enable him calling someone something. Does that make your name then true storY?
(a) 10 events per main girl, couple less for others. These events are not all sexual, but in the end you will have banged most of them.

(b) patch makes Elizabeth your mom, Ari your sister.

(c) no idea of what happens with that name.

Reactions: Tenets

Tenets

Dec 4, 2018
(a) 10 events per main girl, couple less for others. These events are not all sexual, but in the end you will have banged most of them.

(b) patch makes Elizabeth your mom, Ari your sister.

(c) no idea of what happens with that name.
Thanks! Appreciated, do these events include the mother and sister? I've gotten into it, and it seems they're seperate for now!

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Thanks! Appreciated, do these events include the mother and sister? I've gotten into it, and it seems they're seperate for now!
I considered them "side girls" in the above since you don't (yet?) need them to advance the main story line - actually it's a bit hard to explain without spoiling the main story. So nothing sexual so far, Ari seems a wee bit jealous of other girls, especially Lucy, though. Mayb (read: I would personally bet on it) this will change.

Reactions: Tenets

Kousama

Aug 8, 2020
Browsing around the internet looking for some interesting game to play I came across this gem.

I thought I was just going to run through it quickly and then "spend some time" with the gallery, but ended up pulling an all-nighter being very invested in the story.

Of course, it id have the moments I was looking for, but I got so much more: an intriguing story, hilarious shenanigans and splendid character development.

I'd love to see how this game continues to grow and can't wait for the next release!

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I considered them "side girls" in the above since you don't (yet?) need them to advance the main story line - actually it's a bit hard to explain without spoiling the main story. So nothing sexual so far, Ari seems a wee bit jealous of other girls, especially Lucy, though. Mayb (read: I would personally bet on it) this will change.
There are three types of girls in HHG, the Story ones, the Main ones and the side ones.
Story is Lucy and Shino. They're critical and protagonist as much as the MC.
Main is Sunny and Rebecca. They're important. But only critical and protagonist on some events/chapters.
Side is Maria. Maybe they appear in the main events, and you will need to level up her to progress in some story. But after that, she almost unlinks from the story. Having her own. Being optional. Most of these girls are optional to unlock, and they have a rarity instead of the "Side" tag. (Common, Epic, etc.)

Ari is Story and Elizabeth is Main. Both are needed to progress the story!

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
There are three types of girls in HHG, the Story ones, the Main ones and the side ones.
Story is Lucy and Shino. They're critical and protagonist as much as the MC.
Main is Sunny and Rebecca. They're important. But only critical and protagonist on some events/chapters.
Side is Maria. Maybe they appear in the main events, and you will need to level up her to progress in some story. But after that, she almost unlinks from the story. Having her own. Being optional. Most of these girls are optional to unlock, and they have a rarity instead of the "Side" tag. (Common, Epic, etc.)

Ari is Story and Elizabeth is Main. Both are needed to progress the story!
Oh, I didn't know you actually assigned them similar "ranks", sorry that's quite messed up on my part.

To be fair though, from a player perspective for the story up to now, it is hard to judge Sunny, since right now she is somewhat detached from the story. Ari and Elizabeth are of course main characters (hey, your family) but come quite late in the existing context.

Hmmm, guesses...
Luna: Story or Main, will go with Main
Evie: Probably Main as well
Fara: Probably the whole guild will be needed in the future, but have absolutely no idea how important she personally will be
Leticia: Being a witch will be important, but on a relation level probably less so
Narcissa: Will be interesting

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Oh, I didn't know you actually assigned them similar "ranks", sorry that's quite messed up on my part.
Yes! The ranks impact on both gameplay and story. It's a way for the player to know who is important and who is optional.

To be fair though, from a player perspective for the story up to now, it is hard to judge Sunny, since right now she is somewhat detached from the story. Ari and Elizabeth are of course main characters (hey, your family) but come quite late in the existing context.

Hmmm, guesses...
Luna: Story or Main, will go with Main
Evie: Probably Main as well
Fara: Probably the whole guild will be needed in the future, but have absolutely no idea how important she personally will be
Leticia: Being a witch will be important, but on a relation level probably less so
Narcissa: Will be interesting
Lucy: Story
Rebecca: Main
Fara: Story
Luna: Story
Evie: Story
Shino: Story
Sunny: Main
Maria: Common or Side
Leticia: Story
Ari: Story
Elizabeth: Main
Narissa: MC, Technically.

The story ones are... Protagonist. And it'll pass a while of time before another "Story" girl joins the guild!

Last edited:

Jo_No28

May 5, 2020
First of all,when ive seen this game and i played 1 hour immediately ive fallen in love with this game because it has a good story and most importat beautfiul girls especially Sunny because she is my favourite one.In the end what can I say,keep the good work with this game Komisari.
PS.Does anyone have any fan signs especially with Sunny.
OMG.JPG

• Red Heart
Reactions: Komisari

Sin Eater

Apr 9, 2018
If you mean "do they call each other sister?", then yes. Unless they always do that, I installed it before I got to Luna. And I played the Beta version.
They used to be sisters normally. Then the fun police at patreon decided to cause trouble to preemptively stop certain mff scenes that weren't present in the game. Thats why I asked. Thanks for the quick response.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes