VN Ren'Py Abandoned Hex Nymphs: The Luna Moonslay Chronicles [v0.4] [Amborella]

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes
Apr 5, 2021
Thank you, I will do my best to create a good game. I am not a fan of Twitter, since they require you to fill in your telephone number.

What category does it fall in? Monster?

No such content is planned. I will ask the artist what he thinks and if he can fix the breast size issue in the tentacle pictures.
please let that "problem" not mean breast reduction:cry:

Deleted member 5189987

Developer of Amborella
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2022
the art reminds me of that dragon ball game - the art there and the girls are really damn nice but i didn't like the story and mc there.

here i like the mc idea and the art and the girl looks really nice.

not that much into tentacles - especially if they "just" have dicks which don't even penetrate (?) but it seems promising to have many kinks and hopefully art where the humanoid males wont be just dicks and some hidden/censored face like in too many hentai games.

also VERY short content so far not really a release version in my personal opinion.

but game could have potential. and again: tasteful female and nice drawings.
This is a release to showcase the story and first art. A second release with more content is already planned.

is it me, or this feels like a female witcher story?

but non the less, the art style looks beautiful
I think it's obvious that it is inspired by that game.

yep, although i would like some backgrounds and not just blackscreens...but the character is just :Q_________
Backgrounds will be added in the next version.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
The pics look very promising,just dont go to far in some fetishes,like personally i find this "fetish" for rape and birth/pregancy to be disgusting and repulsive,like such an important deed is just for pleasure,bestiality isnt very attractive either.

Will you make this game story/lore focused or will it focus on gameplay? like combat.

Deleted member 5189987

Developer of Amborella
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2022
Congrats for that first release.

Out of curiosity, how much game time will each chapter include ?
Thank you very much! I have written around 7500 words in total. If everything goes to plan, I think that the following release will ensure a playtime of around 45 minutes. That is if you don't skip text. I don't know with how much words I will end up, but I am happy to have written this amount in the time the game has been in development.

Good luck with your game too, can't wait to see the first version of that.

The pics look very promising,just dont go to far in some fetishes,like personally i find this "fetish" for rape and birth/pregancy to be disgusting and repulsive,like such an important deed is just for pleasure,bestiality isnt very attractive either.

Will you make this game story/lore focused or will it focus on gameplay? like combat.
It will be a visual novel, so I will not add gameplay. I am too inexperienced as a developer to add custom functionality, and I am not a programmer.

I might add such systems in a following game, but my focus for the time to come is the development of this game.

Deleted member 5189987

Developer of Amborella
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2022
I made a few graphical changes. The main menu looked horrible, so I redid it.
1666209704860.png

Over time, I will create buttons and completely change the menu. But for now, this looks a little cleaner.

Another thing that I added was text without the background.

1666209776495.png

A forum member was kind enough to share his code, I imported it, and it immediately worked. This means that the textbox will no longer be in the way of interesting content.

1666209853597.png
No more need to press "H" to hide the textbox when it is in the way of the content.

I now have around 8500 words for the story. As content is being created, I will add it to the story. But now my question: would you like me to release content as I go, or wait until all content for the prologue is done? The latter will make the game feel more complete, while the former is easier and faster to release, but it will feel more empty. Let me know what you think.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I don't know if that is built in for RenPy, but otherwise I think that it's not worth implementing.
Problem with no text box is that your text will be hardly visible when matched with a bright colored background.
Amborella this is why i proposed

also, i saw it being used by some dev...so i'm not sure but it can be made...feel free to ask around ^^

Deleted member 5189987

Developer of Amborella
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2022
Problem with no text box is that your text will be hardly visible when matched with a bright colored background.
You are most likely right, but I think I will not use many bright backgrounds. But thank you for bringing it up, it's something I must be aware of.

Amborella this is why i proposed

also, i saw it being used by some dev...so i'm not sure but it can be made...feel free to ask around ^^
I will look into it, thanks.

FallGuyMcFly

Jan 28, 2020
Just take your time and do it at your own pace, we wouldnt want you to get burned out. So many great games out that ended up unfinished because of creative fatigue (and other reasons as well of course).

Just be sure to make the game you want to make.

Deleted member 5189987

Developer of Amborella
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2022
Just take your time and do it at your own pace, we wouldnt want you to get burned out. So many great games out that ended up unfinished because of creative fatigue (and other reasons as well of course).

Just be sure to make the game you want to make.
Thank you for your advice. I think spending too much time writing or doing other things for your games is not efficient, since it will take more energy the more you spend time on it. What I do is plan the important scenes for the chapters beforehand and have a good idea what the chapters will be about. And then I write towards the scenes, in a very chill tempo.

max_002

Mar 30, 2019
what's new in this game?
I saw several versions if I remember correctly this game on the initial versions. So I'm asking if it's worth hoping that this one will live.

Deleted member 5189987

Developer of Amborella
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2022
This is the first version. I released a version once in the development thread, but that was some time ago. This version has the prologue. A version with the prologue + chapter 1 is coming soon.

Deleted member 5189987

Developer of Amborella
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2022
For people who are interested, here is an invite link for the Discord server I created for this game.

Reactions: BaasB
3.80 star(s) 4 Votes