jsbb9999

Modder
Sep 7, 2017
Well I finally figured out how to solve that repeating scene in Jack's office.

After you catch him doing Grace (Already did this in last update but for some reason I got this scene again) when you ask Grace about it, offer her the money with no strings attached and this will open another opportunity, now when you see that scene in Jack's office on the cam, tell Grace about it and then you can both invest money in the company they were talking about (Do this from PC at home) after a day or 2 check on the investment and you can cash in, you and Grace both get alot of money out of it and when you talk to her about how much she made, she gives MC a BJ.

Anyway going this route stopped that repeating scene.
This does not work for me, because
1. i don't get that event triggered anymore
2. i went the "string-attached" route before

so to fix this, i have to do the followings:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

roundfish

Oct 28, 2017
Same issue with the repeating scene in jack office...
However, I found the console variable to enable the confrontation with Grace (and see the fear sex scene):

jack_grace_done = True

or jump jack_grace to see the scene anyway

rattler2027

Mar 12, 2018
This does not work for me, because
1. i don't get that event triggered anymore
2. i went the "string-attached" route before

so to fix this, i have to do the followings:
Yeah I had to go back to a earlier save a few days before the Jack and Grace scene cause at first I did like you and made her strip, then I saw the change log and knew there was more to that scene.

A whole lot more detailed then what I wrote but with the exception of the console commands, I did the exact same thing to get the BJ scene.

Tilur

Sep 29, 2017
So my Review about 0.3 with a lot more mixed feeling than 0.25.

The most important thing: Smokeydots should stop with his deadlines, they did him more harm than good. Next time just go with the good ol' "when it's done" We got a version, that after three Hotfixes still got minor bugs (scene replay) and a gamebreaking bug (stuck with the cams so that I had to use the console) In hindsight, this version really needed some more days testing, I know he is on a vacation right now and this was the reason it all fell apart, but I think it would have been avoidable if you focus on your strength and not on the random things.

His strength is -in my opinion- the description and small details in a ruthless business and the realistic characters in it.
This time he wanted too much, there a lot of things going on but his two stars Izumi and Grace came short.
The fear storyline of these two feels so so rushed. Last update we got a lapdance from grace and a sideboob from Izumi.
Now there are sex scenes for Grace and a BJ from Izumi and I don't get it. Last time Grace was all about "no touching" now we tape her with Jack about the promotion and just like this, we can f*ck her in her a...
Why?
The same story with Izumi: We tape her in our office trying to steal something, so we get the BJ. For me, this is just an easy and generic way out of this situation. Just some standard blackmail. The maddening thing is, there are scenes in there which I think are genius. For example when Izumi confronts Grace or when Izumi asks you if Grace did the same thing (When you play with Izumis boobs).

I still think, that there should be a storyline like this: After your promotion, you offer Grace to tutor her if she is willing to do something for the MC. Grace declines because she is through with this BS after Jack. During your next team meeting, the MC praises the team and threatens Grace that her non-results will no longer be tolerated. After this Grace comes back to you and takes you up on the tutoring for BJ offer. During the next team meeting, the MC praises Grace for enormous improvements. Izumi gets suspicious and confronts Grace. During MCs next tutoring/BJ session Izumi walks into the office and is shocked. During your next one on one time with Izumi she asks you with teary eyes if this is really necessary to succeed.

This is the storyline I got from 0.25 and some parts of 0.3, so I'm really sad how this all had unfolded.

To the random parts: I don't know how I should feel about the whole Emily scenes. It's a nice bonus but the whole storyline (see a random chick on tv and decided to help her) feels just wonky. This is something you can build in a 0.9 or 1.0 at the moment I think there are other things to focus on.

The Bailey storyline is on its way but feels a little too vanilla. (I gave you the job, how about a little thanks? )
The Angela storyline is at the moment the most stable. Good build-up and I'm looking forward to the next updates.

I don't want to criticise him so much and maybe I had too high of an expectation, but I do really hope, that he reworks this part. I think it is a good thing, that he is this whole month on vacation, he will be more focused the next month.

gahgahz

Jul 4, 2017
is it possible to raise relations or anything like that with console commands? looked through a few pages but only seeing some jumping commands and i dont want to go too far ahead

jsbb9999

Modder
Sep 7, 2017
So my Review about 0.3 with a lot more mixed feeling than 0.25.

The most important thing: Smokeydots should stop with his deadlines, they did him more harm than good. Next time just go with the good ol' "when it's done" We got a version, that after three Hotfixes still got minor bugs (scene replay) and a gamebreaking bug (stuck with the cams so that I had to use the console) In hindsight, this version really needed some more days testing, I know he is on a vacation right now and this was the reason it all fell apart, but I think it would have been avoidable if you focus on your strength and not on the random things.

His strength is -in my opinion- the description and small details in a ruthless business and the realistic characters in it.
This time he wanted too much, there a lot of things going on but his two stars Izumi and Grace came short.
The fear storyline of these two feels so so rushed. Last update we got a lapdance from grace and a sideboob from Izumi.
Now there are sex scenes for Grace and a BJ from Izumi and I don't get it. Last time Grace was all about "no touching" now we tape her with Jack about the promotion and just like this, we can f*ck her in her a...
Why?
The same story with Izumi: We tape her in our office trying to steal something, so we get the BJ. For me, this is just an easy and generic way out of this situation. Just some standard blackmail. The maddening thing is, there are scenes in there which I think are genius. For example when Izumi confronts Grace or when Izumi asks you if Grace did the same thing (When you play with Izumis boobs).

I still think, that there should be a storyline like this: After your promotion, you offer Grace to tutor her if she is willing to do something for the MC. Grace declines because she is through with this BS after Jack. During your next team meeting, the MC praises the team and threatens Grace that her non-results will no longer be tolerated. After this Grace comes back to you and takes you up on the tutoring for BJ offer. During the next team meeting, the MC praises Grace for enormous improvements. Izumi gets suspicious and confronts Grace. During MCs next tutoring/BJ session Izumi walks into the office and is shocked. During your next one on one time with Izumi she asks you with teary eyes if this is really necessary to succeed.

This is the storyline I got from 0.25 and some parts of 0.3, so I'm really sad how this all had unfolded.

To the random parts: I don't know how I should feel about the whole Emily scenes. It's a nice bonus but the whole storyline (see a random chick on tv and decided to help her) feels just wonky. This is something you can build in a 0.9 or 1.0 at the moment I think there are other things to focus on.

The Bailey storyline is on its way but feels a little too vanilla. (I gave you the job, how about a little thanks? )
The Angela storyline is at the moment the most stable. Good build-up and I'm looking forward to the next updates.

I don't want to criticise him so much and maybe I had too high of an expectation, but I do really hope, that he reworks this part. I think it is a good thing, that he is this whole month on vacation, he will be more focused the next month.

I think the story is fine.

Grace, the point that she is willing to screw Jack for money, obviously shows what she's capable of doing. the no touching thing is obviously one of her "WOMAN TACTIC", save ammunition for future needs. remember this is a girl that does not even wear panties at work. she is totally capable of selling her body or sexual services for getting ahead, and obviously shes not dumb/naive or new to those acts, she is good at doing them.

Izumi, she is super competitive,i can also see her doing what she did. Exposing her stealing something will ruin her career completely, not just in the current company, she would have a hard time working anywhere, background check is a bitch, especially on criminal record.

Anyways i think the story part is good. the buggy/testing part.... isn't that why we are here? Isn't that what this forum is all about? us helping Devs be it in suggestions and/or help them to find issues in their game. I dont think its all about rushing, there will be bugs, and here we are to find them and report them so Devs can fix it.

my 2c

jsbb9999

Modder
Sep 7, 2017
is it possible to raise relations or anything like that with console commands? looked through a few pages but only seeing some jumping commands and i dont want to go too far ahead
It's been posted so many times before. this is one of

Reactions: Canto Forte

Somnay

Jan 29, 2018

Overview:
High-Rise Climb is about Byron, a financial analyst who just recently started to struggle. Help Byron climb the corporate ladder to become the most powerful man in the world. What will you do with that power? Will you use it to help those around you, or will you like so many before you, get corrupted?​

Updated: 09/06/2018
Developer/Publisher:
Censorship: None
Version: 0.303a
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Download: 0.303
PC: - -
MAC: - -

Hotfix: 0.303a
- -

Thanks to @KeepUp for the links.

I've found a major problem with this latest update.About a week after Bailey arrives things start to turn into 'ground hog day',at night the game turns back to chapter 1:The Rise,repeating the scene with the mc and his girlfriend going out for a drink and continues to them having sex,it ends the next morning and the game continues on once again but repeats again at night with chapter 1 scene again!This happens night after night!

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
I was going to play this game, but since I saw NTR, I gave up playing it.
Angela with two men? When I saw this I just wanted to delete this character.
That was her past before she met the MC.

coolyama

Sep 1, 2017
have you sacrificed a virgin maiden goat and use its blood to draw the runes correctly??
.... just kidding.

Load one of your saves or start a new game
then press Shift + o which will bring up the console
in the console you will get a prompt (it will say Ren'Py script enabled now)
then type for example
jump izumi_steal
enter

refer to my earlier post for the event list
that's it, good luck!!
I got it.
In order to use jump commamd ,I must first load the game.

Reactions: Canto Forte
3.90 star(s) 109 Votes