SmokeyDots

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2017
I get a crash when sleeping. Saved just before it happens. Something about xp gain/loss. I'm running it on linux btw.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "renpy/common/00console.rpy", line 426, in run
result = renpy.python.py_eval(code)
File "HighRiseClimb/HighRiseClimb-0.6a-pc/renpy/python.py", line 1944, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "HighRiseClimb/HighRiseClimb-0.6a-pc/renpy/python.py", line 1937, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "<none>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'work_xp_gain' is not defined

Full traceback:
File "game/sleep.rpy", line 265, in script call
call physical_xp_gain (- 1, 1) from _call_physical_xp_gain_7
File "game/script.rpy", line 376, in script
label work_xp_gain(gain, multi):
File "HighRiseClimb/HighRiseClimb-0.6a-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 822, in execute
values = apply_arguments(self.parameters, renpy.store._args, renpy.store._kwargs)
File "HighRiseClimb/HighRiseClimb-0.6a-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 154, in apply_arguments
return parameters.apply(args, kwargs, ignore_errors)
File "HighRiseClimb/HighRiseClimb-0.6a-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 122, in apply
raise Exception("Required parameter %s has no value." % name)
Exception: Required parameter gain has no value.

While running game code:
Checking this issue right now. Give you an answer in a few minutes.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
sits here drinking tea..awaiting the fix..was getting Bailey properly ANALized when the fubar hit the fan..lol...Bailey SO needs her poolside buttsmex!!! and ya..clicking "50K" instead of the boat itself shows it always as bought now..BUT..where the hell is my boat?..i want to look at it..maybe buttsex Bailey on the poopdeck...HAHAAA!!
as an aside..you can basically..more or less..move in with Izumi...sleep shower eat there go to work return sex convo etc etc...you never have to return home to Drunky MacMethpussy..now all we need is an verbal indication in a future update that we are indeed.."moved in"..lol

Reactions: Canto Forte

Nikira

Bad Member
Donor
Jan 6, 2018
to: SmokeyDots
Hi, let me ask something funny.:p
is there a way to get rid Angela?(i hate this girl):mad:
maybe pay someone for car accident or screw her a lot and die?:LOL::ROFLMAO:
i lower a lot her stats with the player and max her fear:devilish:
but she don't want to left from millionaire boyfriend:giggle:
ha ha seriously now any way to divorce her?:unsure:

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
not married so no need for divorce..just add a scene "Angela..this aint working out..getcher arse outta here..but Bailey stays..because reasons!!" end scene :p

SmokeyDots

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2017
That is a really large mechanics split these kind of things actually require a lot of work because I have to worry about other story progression lines as well. It is planned, but Angela is currently linked to both Olivia and Bailey Events, Once these are done... Maybe... These kind of things also take a massive toll on coding work and take away from story progression which it seems like is what most people want.

Honestly the times that I do a large amount of branching and or mechanics changes which take the most time, I usually get the most complaints... So...

SmokeyDots

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2017
I get a crash when sleeping. Saved just before it happens. Something about xp gain/loss. I'm running it on linux btw.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "renpy/common/00console.rpy", line 426, in run
result = renpy.python.py_eval(code)
File "HighRiseClimb/HighRiseClimb-0.6a-pc/renpy/python.py", line 1944, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "HighRiseClimb/HighRiseClimb-0.6a-pc/renpy/python.py", line 1937, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "<none>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'work_xp_gain' is not defined

Full traceback:
File "HighRiseClimb/HighRiseClimb-0.6a-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 822, in execute
values = apply_arguments(self.parameters, renpy.store._args, renpy.store._kwargs)
File "HighRiseClimb/HighRiseClimb-0.6a-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 154, in apply_arguments
return parameters.apply(args, kwargs, ignore_errors)
File "HighRiseClimb/HighRiseClimb-0.6a-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 122, in apply
raise Exception("Required parameter %s has no value." % name)

While running game code:
Hey your save is starts in Wednesday at livingroom at 5:30 pm right? with Work lvl 5 and Body lvl 4. I'm not sure I loaded it right. If that's the save I could not replicate the bug by sleeping...

Anarial

May 9, 2018
There's also a glitch that's been around for a while in the Restaurant, where if you talk to the waitress and click Opportunities you get teleported back to the office and into dialogue with the last person that you clicked on Opportunities with. More weird stuff can happen from there depending on what you click - some things leave you at the office and other things take you back to the Restaurant.

Reactions: SmokeyDots

SmokeyDots

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2017
sits here drinking tea..awaiting the fix..was getting Bailey properly ANALized when the fubar hit the fan..lol...Bailey SO needs her poolside buttsmex!!! and ya..clicking "50K" instead of the boat itself shows it always as bought now..BUT..where the hell is my boat?..i want to look at it..maybe buttsex Bailey on the poopdeck...HAHAAA!!
as an aside..you can basically..more or less..move in with Izumi...sleep shower eat there go to work return sex convo etc etc...you never have to return home to Drunky MacMethpussy..now all we need is an verbal indication in a future update that we are indeed.."moved in"..lol
Fix should be up in a few hours... I'm almost done but I want to make sure everything is working properly. There's still many things for many patches that I have not been able to replicate. I'm sure not if its a operating system, an android thing or whatever.

Kallikrates

Jun 3, 2018
Hey your save is starts in Wednesday at livingroom at 5:30 pm right? with Work lvl 5 and Body lvl 4. I'm not sure I loaded it right. If that's the save I could not replicate the bug by sleeping...
Thanks for looking at it. No the save is at Wednesday 00:30 work level 2 and body 0. I probably uploaded the save file from the wrong folder. Maybe this one is better?

ZikarnKrais

Jun 21, 2018
Quick couple of notes:
1) Is it intentional that Olivia's chat relationship stat is not affected by the relationship_multi? Saw a lot of her chat code having only olivia_r + 1
2) For the angelagrope scenes, the check to show the change string of "+ 2" should be for psychology2, not psychology 1 as the love_multi is still set to 1.
2a) This also applies in the physical.rpy for hug actions, etc
3) Is there any way to hide the "Conversations", etc buttons when you click on the "Chat"? Managed to get the Boss's phone number (and the option to date him, lawl) after clicking "Chat". If they're meant to be unhidden later, maybe set a variable check?

SmokeyDots

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2017
Quick couple of notes:
1) Is it intentional that Olivia's chat relationship stat is not affected by the relationship_multi? Saw a lot of her chat code having only olivia_r + 1
2) For the angelagrope scenes, the check to show the change string of "+ 2" should be for psychology2, not psychology 1 as the love_multi is still set to 1.
2a) This also applies in the physical.rpy for hug actions, etc
3) Is there any way to hide the "Conversations", etc buttons when you click on the "Chat"? Managed to get the Boss's phone number (and the option to date him, lawl) after clicking "Chat". If they're meant to be unhidden later, maybe set a variable check?
Checking all of this right now. It's mostly just old coding using a system that I no longer use because it's redundant. Seems like I got to update it real fast to use the new algorithm.

Denis25

Dec 4, 2017
Quick couple of notes:
Confirming that bug. Actually it was not introduced during this upgrade, but was present in 0.5 as well (maybe even before)

on chat - it does show that increase is "+2", yet the real value is increasing only by 1. (Despite the research of psychology)

And a side note - my favorite character to promote is Grace, not Isumi, so I will hope for more content for her (eventually).

SmokeyDots

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2017
Confirming that bug. Actually it was not introduced during this upgrade, but was present in 0.5 as well (maybe even before)

on chat - it does show that increase is "+2", yet the real value is increasing only by 1. (Despite the research of psychology)

And a side note - my favorite character to promote is Grace, not Isumi, so I will hope for more content for her (eventually).
I'm going to make grace's house pretty soon here...

SmokeyDots

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2017
Is there anyone out there that has trouble activating the second investment storyline that can send me a save file? It is working on my end or can multiple people confirm they have dinner with grant at the mall which is where it concludes.

Anarial

May 9, 2018
Is there anyone out there that has trouble activating the second investment storyline that can send me a save file? It is working on my end or can multiple people confirm they have dinner with grant at the mall which is where it concludes.
The Grant dinner at the mall worked for me, although the dialogue was slightly misleading. When I spoke to Bella about organising it it was a Friday, she said that she'd organise the dinner for Monday, but it actually happened on Tuesday instead.

Reactions: SmokeyDots

Jdubya

Jul 7, 2017
I've gotten past the dinner with Grant scene on my playthrough. I originally thought it was broken as I couldn't have the convo with Bella about it, but as I leveled (Finance 2 research maybe?) it started automatically from what I remember.

Reactions: dussalant

Gamle

Dec 11, 2018
The Grant dinner at the mall worked for me, although the dialogue was slightly misleading. When I spoke to Bella about organising it it was a Friday, she said that she'd organise the dinner for Monday, but it actually happened on Tuesday instead.
It happened exactly the same way for me. Talked just as you with Bella on Friday and she said dinner was planned to Monday, was a bit confused when nothing happened after the weekend, but then on Tuesday everything was solved.

3.90 star(s) 110 Votes