4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Anyone else feels like all of a sudden Emma is just a spoiled little unlikeable brat ?
I don't know if that was what the dev was going for but man, is it hard to like her.

Reactions: mulerider

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Anyone else feels like all of a sudden Emma is just a spoiled little unlikeable brat ?
I don't know if that was what the dev was going for but man, is it hard to like her.
Yeah I just got to the talk about the date, and up until now I have loved Emma, but right now I couldn't give a fuck if she got kidnapped, she just become such a fucking whiny brat.

• Red Heart
Reactions: mulerider

bananabrown

Oct 18, 2019
Yeah I just got to the talk about the date, and up until now I have loved Emma, but right now I couldn't give a fuck if she got kidnapped, she just become such a fucking whiny brat.
If you want to believe that Emma is a whiny brat that's totally up to you, I wouldn't totally disagree. Saying Emma just magically turned into a brat though is so far gone the entire plot must have just flown over your heads. The thing you guys seem to be missing is a tiny little thing called CONTEXT. Maybe just maybe..... the reason Emma has become whiny now and not before is due to the fact she had nothing to whine about before? She was coddled and protected and has not been told no up until now. Suddenly she's in a situation where she's being denied something she wants desperately. Brat? sure! But to make out that it's out of character or she's suddenly a different person is ridiculous. Believe it or not peoples attitudes can change in different situations! :eek:

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
If you want to believe that Emma is a whiny brat that's totally up to you, I wouldn't totally disagree. Saying Emma just magically turned into a brat though is so far gone the entire plot must have just flown over your heads. The thing you guys seem to be missing is a tiny little thing called CONTEXT. Maybe just maybe..... the reason Emma has become whiny now and not before is due to the fact she had nothing to whine about before? She was coddled and protected and has not been told no up until now. Suddenly she's in a situation where she's being denied something she wants desperately. Brat? sure! But to make out that it's out of character or she's suddenly a different person is ridiculous. Believe it or not peoples attitudes can change in different situations! :eek:
I didn't say she just turned into a brat now. But until this version I thought she had some redeeming things about her as well. She was also not that unlikable, at least for me. But that whole I hate you, I love you just for letting her go on the date or not was too much. Sure, I've never been a young girl in love, being denied my chance at a first date, maybe it's common, but it's just so unlikable. Whiny people in general are, but that was soooo much.
You are right about the fact that she didn't have anything to whine about before though. She was an unlikable character in disguise until this episode :D .

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Did dev say that or it's just your opinion? And what type of game you talking about which this isn't?
Playing the game will tell you that Emma sees the MC as a father figure and wants the MC/Charlotte to hook up and get married so that he can become her father.She even calls him dad at times and has him down as Dad on her mobile.

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
Playing the game will tell you that Emma sees the MC as a father figure and wants the MC/Charlotte to hook and get married so that he can become her father.She even calls him dad at times and has him down as Dad on her mobile.
So you want to play the speculation game too?

bananabrown

Oct 18, 2019
I didn't say she just turned into a brat now.
Fair enough.

You are right about the fact that she didn't have anything to whine about before though. She was an unlikable character in disguise until this episode :D .
If you don't want to like her that's up to you. I like to give her a little bit of credit though and heres why.

First of all I think we can all agree without a doubt that Emma is spoiled and protected to an extreme degree.

She has her mother and aunt treating her like an infant showering her with gifts and doing everything in their power to make her happy. She doesn't go out and pretty much lived in a vacuum before the MC arrived.

The MC turns up and treats her the exact same way at her mother's request. She doesn't even know why the MC is here he's lying to her the exact same way everybody else is. For crying out loud even Zak is lying to her. She's living in a bubble where shes treat like a princess and shielded from anything that might upset her or hurt her she is a product of her environment.

Her behaviour at being denied a date with Zak while bratish is totally expected with the way she is treated. There is no way she can imagine the danger she could be in while living in this little fairytale world her family has created for her. The only reasonable explanation she can come up with from the information she has is she's being punished.

If she knew all the facts do you think it's possible she would have acted differently? I think theres a good chance she would have. I don't put 100% of the blame on Emma for her behaviour, I think it's reasonable to imagine most people would be the same. I mean you only have to browse this site for 2-3 minutes to witness so many people who acted just like Emma.

Again if you want to hate her, that's fine. But I think she isn't as bad as some of you think and I wouldn't be shocked if we were to see some siginificant character development with her after recent events.

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
Did you even played the game? There are plenty scenes where Emma or the MC are thinking/saying that. Maybe that changes later since Emma is a LI in her route.
They did say that but the point is how that concludes she not being love interest? You trolling me isn't it because Why the Fuck am i here if i didn't play the game

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes