4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Emma has always been a LI, her route just didn't develop until something happened to make her stop from swooning over Zac.

Now that the stalker is dead and Zac is probably dead, Emma will start to view MC as her savior and in doing that will realize that MC is actually pretty much everything she wanted Zac to be.

I think her route will be locked behind not being with the other LI's though. This is pretty obviously a single LI game, and Emma is the "prize" LI.

I think if MC is with another of the girls, Emma will date that other boy from school that has a crush on her. I think both routes, Emma/MC and Emma/School friend, will be pretty wholesome. And I think, at least for the Emma/MC route, it'll be Emma who initiates things.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Emma has always been a LI, her route just didn't develop until something happened to make her stop from swooning over Zac.

Now that the stalker is dead and Zac is probably dead, Emma will start to view MC as her savior and in doing that will realize that MC is actually pretty much everything she wanted Zac to be.

I think her route will be "locked" behind not being with the other LI's though. This is pretty obviously a single LI game, and Emma is the "prize" LI.

I think if MC is with another of the girls, Emma will date that other boy from school that has a crush on her. I think both routes, Emma/MC and Emma/School friend, will be pretty wholesome.
Which opens up more questions concerning the other ladies.
Mainly Charlotte because if you do treat her bad then she will have no feeling towards the MC so will she just ride off into the sunset searching for her love?
Emma is so naive/immature and looks like a 14 yrs old even though she is supposed to be 18( I think it was).
How the transformation of Emma from a young naive/immature to a mature/confident looking lady I don't know but the dev is supposed to making a statement on this sometime.
Emma looks very young,acts like a kid

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Sorry to hear, but I'm not certain that is a sure thing.
I will keep an eye on the game but I am waiting for the devs statement on this matter.
I have really enjoyed this game and in any case Charlotte would still be my number 1 choice but the MC with Emma is just too creepy for me(personal choice here.

Last edited:

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
I will keep an eye on the game but I am waiting for the devs statement on this matter.
I have really enjoyed this game and in any case Charlotte would still be my number 1 choice but the MC with Emma is just too creepy for me(personal choice here.
Well, it's your decision to drop the game because of that. I for myself can't really see why you have to do that. If you don't like her in that way, you also don't have to force you to do her route. It's a game were you have to decide between the four li's anyway. Don't get me wrong, her behaviour is somtimes very immature. But she's a sheltered 18 (ok, maybe 16+) year old girl who had her first crush. Well, I'm really curious now how DB is pushing her to become a BELIEVABLE li for the MC. But I think he has already a plan for that, too.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Well, it's your decision to drop the game because of that. I for myself can't really see why you have to do that. If you don't like her in that way, you also don't have to force you to do her route. It's a game were you have to decide between the four li's anyway. Don't get me wrong, her behaviour is somtimes very immature. But she's a sheltered 18 (ok, maybe 16+) year old girl who had her first crush. Well, I'm really curious now how DB is pushing her to become a BELIEVABLE li for the MC. But I think he has already a plan for that, too.
I know the games has choices but we see how it turns out

Reactions: J.R.

bananabrown

Oct 18, 2019
I don't think you have to worry about seeing anything you don't like in this VN. DB's done a good job of letting the player decide how the Li's feel towards the MC. If you make the choice that Charlotte is just a client then she has no interest in the MC regardless of the choices you've made. If you're with Lucy the MC turns down Kaylah right away. The only complications seem to be if you're in a relationship with Lucy and you choose the option to have feelings for Charlotte, Charlotte tells Lucy she has felings for the MC and Lucy has a minor mental breakdown. Based on the structure so far I think if Emma does get feelings for the MC it will only be on a path where he isn't in deep with Lucy or Charlotte.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
As quickly as it escalated, I'm glad the Carter situation resolved when it did, because I was finding it excruciating that the MC was having Inspector Gadget levels of obliviousness regarding Carter's involvement. I know there's such a thing as dramatic irony when the audience is in on something the main characters are not, but when you're playing AS the MC, it's just excruciating to have to sit through the stupider decisions. (Using "decisions" loosely here, as I don't think we've made any of the actual bodyguard decisions, just "how friendly/romantic/fatherly do we want to be" decisions.) I think the Dev is knocking down all the red herrings (or partial red herrings, since it's not as though they have zero involvement), until eventually we learn who the "final" stalker is. I'm thinking MC's buddy Steve, who we saw at the mall and who's trying to get the mom to the bar. But I hope I'm wrong.
I don't think resolved is the right word to use here. The MC is now a cop killer - pretty sure the detectives that will investigate his death will be looking at the MC. Unless they dig up some dirt on Carter the MC is in trouble. Just his word and that of two hysterical women who he is connected with. I don't think that counts for much when you have killed a cop. That FBI agent needs to come through, or the MC is toast.

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
I don't think resolved is the right word to use here. The MC is now a cop killer - pretty sure the detectives that will investigate his death will be looking at the MC. Unless they dig up some dirt on Carter the MC is in trouble. Just his word and that of two hysterical women who he is connected with. I don't think that counts for much when you have killed a cop. That FBI agent needs to come through, or the MC is toast.
This is another blackmail opportunity for Zak. If he survives, he can help get MC out of trouble by telling the cops that Carter stabbed him and use that as leverage. Otherwise, he can say that MC stabbed him.

Bendover885

Jan 29, 2020
If you mean the MC is in legal danger, I sincerely doubt that, as per my previous posts concerning self-defense and the likelihood the FBI will shield him for his cooperation.

If you mean that dirty cops in the Hillside PD will go 'off-book' and try to avenge their fallen comrade, quite possibly.

As to the Emma thing Old Dog is concerned with, I get it. Emma for me is not a romance option. If it were me, I would give players the option to tell Emma you are in love (or some level of involvement) with either Lucy or Charlotte if you are on their respective paths. I imagine her primary fear is that MC will leave since 'the danger is over', and telling her your intentions with her mom or aunt may alleviate those fears.

Later when Suzi's path starts to take shape, you can branch Emma from there, so that she is the last option if you want, giving you time to process the change from a 'father-daughter' to a more romantic relationship.

Hope that made some sense.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
You might want to look at the rather extensive discussion of Carters death. If you aren't interested in spending the time here is a brief synopsis.
1: The MC acted in self defense and in the defense of those he was hired to protect, one of whom was being held at knife point.
2: Carter stated his clear intent to kill the MC and Charlotte.
3: Forensic analysis of the knife is going to find Zak's blood/DNA. So Carter killed Zak.
4: Carter's behavior was witnessed by the MC, Charlotte, and Emma (who has some interesting testimony about Carter's statements to her). This means BTW that no one has to dig up "some dirt" on Carter. Eyewitness testimony provides plenty.
5: In the US a person has an absolute right to self defense, and in this case an unarmed defender fighting an attacker armed with a deadly weapon with the stated intent to kill, can appropriately use ANY level of force, including deadly force.

The MC killed a psychopathic killer who'd murdered someone minutes before. Who then chased an 18 year old girl into an alley with the intent to kill her. The MC will be just fine.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
This is another blackmail opportunity for Zak. If he survives, he can help get MC out of trouble by telling the cops that Carter stabbed him and use that as leverage. Otherwise, he can say that MC stabbed him.
Yeah - NO.
First there is the little matter of Zak's blood on Carter's knife. Then the MC was with Charlotte who will attest that he wasn't any where near Zak. Further the MC, Charlotte, Emma, and Zak were carrying cell phones (probably Carter as well). Tower records will show where all those phones were during the period. Assuming Zak survives, which has the same probability as his ascending to a new life form, he'll be far too busy staying clear of stalking charge with regard to Emma. Once the cops pull the cell phone records those harassing text message will come home to roost.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
If you mean the MC is in legal danger, I sincerely doubt that, as per my previous posts concerning self-defense and the likelihood the FBI will shield him for his cooperation.

If you mean that dirty cops in the Hillside PD will go 'off-book' and try to avenge their fallen comrade, quite possibly.
I'm more concerned that crucial evidence incriminating Carter and/or exonerating the MC will be 'lost' by his fellow cops. Even if they aren't dirty ( which they might well be ) cops never like to admit that one of their own was a bad egg, especially when he's dead.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I'm more concerned that crucial evidence incriminating Carter and/or exonerating the MC will be 'lost' by his fellow cops. Even if they aren't dirty ( which they might well be ) cops never like to admit that one of their own was a bad egg, especially when he's dead.
Assuming the MC, Charlotte, and Emma survive to testify, the eyewitness testimony of the parties involved CAN'T BE LOST. That alone is enough to incriminate Carter and absolve the MC. If they don't survive this tale is over. So if this story continues the MC will be fine. In fact, no DA is going to prosecute the MC under these circumstances.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
You might want to look at the rather extensive discussion of Carters death. If you aren't interested in spending the time here is a brief synopsis.
1: The MC acted in self defense and in the defense of those he was hired to protect, one of whom was being held at knife point.
2: Carter stated his clear intent to kill the MC and Charlotte.
3: Forensic analysis of the knife is going to find Zak's blood/DNA. So Carter killed Zak.
4: Carter's behavior was witnessed by the MC, Charlotte, and Emma (who has some interesting testimony about Carter's statements to her). This means BTW that no one has to dig up "some dirt" on Carter. Eyewitness testimony provides plenty.
5: In the US a person has an absolute right to self defense, and in this case an unarmed defender fighting an attacker armed with a deadly weapon with the stated intent to kill, can appropriately use ANY level of force, including deadly force.

The MC killed a psychopathic killer who'd murdered someone minutes before. Who then chased an 18 year old girl into an alley with the intent to kill her. The MC will be just fine.
1 and 2. Hearsay. No hard evidence.
3. If his buddies on the force don't 'lose' it.
4 and 5. That is assuming that Charlotte's and Emma's testimony will be believed and accepted without reservation.

We know what really went down, but proving it is a different matter. Can we prove that the knife was Carter's? Were his fingerprints on the knife put there after he was dead?

The MC killed an alleged psychopathic killer who'd allegedly murdered someone minutes before. Who then allegedly chased an 18 year old girl into an alley with the alleged intent to kill her. And now the MC, Charlotte, and Emma are conspiring to sully the good name of an honest and upstanding police officer who was brutally murdered by the MC. The DA is going to have a field day with this, especially if he plans to run for mayor. No legal system is perfect - horror stories about miscarriages of justice abound.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
1 and 2. Hearsay. No hard evidence.
3. If his buddies on the force don't 'lose' it.
4 and 5. That is assuming that Charlotte's and Emma's testimony will be believed and accepted without reservation.

We know what really went down, but proving it is a different matter. Can we prove that the knife was Carter's? Were his fingerprints on the knife put there after he was dead?

The MC killed an alleged psychopathic killer who'd allegedly murdered someone minutes before. Who then allegedly chased an 18 year old girl into an alley with the alleged intent to kill her. And now the MC, Charlotte, and Emma are conspiring to sully the good name of an honest and upstanding police officer who was brutally murdered by the MC. The DA is going to have a field day with this, especially if he plans to run for mayor. No legal system is perfect - horror stories about miscarriages of justice abound.
1&2 are not hearsay. You need to look up what that means. Eyewitness testimony confirms that 1&2 are true. THEY WITNESSED IT.

Plus the MC's blood is on the knife.

Yeah as to 3 they could lose it, but if you'd bother to look at the prior discussion, Charlotte can bring a level of legal support and scrutiny that would make it VERY VERY career threatening to be CASUAL with the evidence. By the way losing that evidence loses the knife. Only the most corrupt judge would let a trial move forward where the assailant's weapon got "lost". Immediate mistrial. If the judge were to move forward anyway, the defense could move to a higher court holding the trial up pending that decision. So bottom line, no knife no trial. Heading off another transient, the defendant can have his own lab confirm the results. No knife no trial.

4&5 - Charlotte's and Emma's testimony only has to be credible, not accepted without reservation only credible. All the MC needs is a reasonable doubt.

Cell phones baby. If the GPS function wasn't disabled it's plus or minus maybe 50 feet. My cell reveals which room in my house it's in. If the GPS function is disabled, it's 50-100 yards. Carter's pursuit of Emma will be clear.

Yeah all brutal murderers go unarmed against an armed opponent. You should send me what you're smoking.

Charlotte can afford the finest legal defense in the world. Your conspiracy would put her daughter at risk. No DA, without regard for his or her political aspirations would take up the cudgel against the legal team she can afford with a millstone like Carter around their neck.

We can agree or disagree about the disparity of the law with regard to those of privilege. I happen to believe that disparity exists. The problem with your scenario is that Charlotte is among the privileged and, while the legal system corrupt or not might decide to target you or me for a frame, it would never target Charlotte, or her protector, with such a weak, messy, case.

The MC walks. Period. They won't lose the evidence, because they kill the case if they do. Multiple eyewitnesses, two of whom were not party to the fight testify to what happened. Phone records provide a timeline. Emma would have had to know were Carter was to set this up, and her records demonstrate that she could not have known.

This is the world of the 21st century. Unless you take painstaking care, the technology knows where you are pretty much 100% of the time. Can't fly. Won't fly. As I said in a previous comment, not all cops are corrupt, not all the lawyers in the DA's office are corrupt, Carter was going to slaughter an 18 year old girl. No way the lid stays on. The DA knows this. The cops know this. Carter was a murderous psychopath, they have better cops to protect.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Cell phones baby. If the GPS function wasn't disabled it's plus or minus maybe 50 feet. My cell reveals which room in my house it's in. If the GPS function is disabled, it's 50-100 yards. Carter's pursuit of Emma will be clear.
If the GPS function is disabled, it's which cell tower the phones were connected to.
Yeah all brutal murderers go unarmed against an armed opponent. You should send me what you're smoking.
They'll say it was the MC's knife. He killed Zac, Carter saw it and chased him, they fought, MC killed him, used his own knife to cut himself then put it in Carter's hand to get his prints on it. The witnesses are not impartial - they live in the same house. By their own admission they owe Emma's life to him so they would say anything to get him off.
We need an impartial witness - say a nosy resident who recorded the incident. Better yet, get rid of the body and sit tight.

Cedroc1701

Mar 1, 2022
Some thoughts: We know the PD is partially corrupt so we'd be relying on the FBI to step in to clear the MC. Combine that with the fact that Carter's statements at the end suggest he was involved with 'big' Emma in some way and was looking into her death (and blamed MC and Charlotte for some reason. So the people behind Emma's death and Charlotte's attack will be in opposition to Carter in the end, even though he was a psychopath he wasn't the big bad. We also know that Jason/Wolff are out to destroy/kill Charlotte and the MC so they could in theory use their police contacts to affect the case one way or another. I think it more likely that the corrupt cops work with Jason/Wolff to go after them 'off book' rather than do it legally. If they do go legal, then it becomes local PD vs FBI and who knows what happens.

About little Emma: As it stands its a hard NO from me on her being an LI. I just don't see how it fits in the narrative that if Charlotte, Lucy OR Suzi are alive, they'd allow MC to retain his testicles if he pursued Emma romantically. In a game where the primary setting is powerful men grooming young girls, it falls completely flat. Heck, I'm not sure even MC+Suzi or Hannah would work. He's too old and its not that type of game so far.

The only way I see it working is growing up the characters... and that means Time Jump. Emma, Suzi and Hannah would mature a lot in a year or two, whereas the other ladies and MC wouldn't change much. Emma especially is bound to do some growing up with what she's been through. She'd be at Suzi's university and maybe producing dresses and Suzi would either be done or close to done (maybe an Olympian?) Charlotte might be close to retirement and Kaylah might be "on top" at that time. I'm not sure how you kick the Jason/Wolff threat down the road that far, but Things(tm) could happen I guess, to make us time hop.

It's a stretch, but its one of the only options that makes any sense to me. The other is just not have her be an LI and let MC take on the father role for her (not in the Corn Hub way) which she really needs.

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
I'm glad you're not that writer lol, yeah no. Some of you guys want Zak to be the next Lex Luthor or something, let him sleep he's had a long day.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes