4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

-=CvokY=-

Samurai in retirement
Donor
Mar 20, 2021

There have been some concerns voiced recently about Emma being a love interest. In response I said that I would make a post about it.

Simply put, Hillside is about a man who enters the lives of a family of four women and how he comes to fall in love with each of them separately.

Those four women are Charlotte, Lucy, Suzi and Emma, and they are the four main love interests with whom you will be able to have a romantic and sexual relationship.

The relationships are exclusive of one another, so the player chooses their love interest and the other three will be excluded. That means that if you don't choose Emma as your love interest then you will not experience any sexual content involving her and your growing father-daughter relationship will continue.

I chose for Emma and the MC to form a father-daughter kind of relationship for a number of reasons. The main one is because I wanted the player to feel that a romantic relationship with Emma was wrong and inappropriate somehow, which it is on many levels. I hoped that people choosing her as a love interest would feel conflicted about it and experience a moral dilemma, as the MC undoubtedly would.

I don't want to spoil the story by saying too much about what is going to happen, but I will say that, following the events of v0.11, Emma will begin to act more maturely and she will be the one that initiates the romantic relationship with the MC.

If anyone has any more specific questions or concerns then leave a comment and I will try to answer them.

Thanks,
DB

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017

There have been some concerns voiced recently about Emma being a love interest. In response I said that I would make a post about it.

Simply put, Hillside is about a man who enters the lives of a family of four women and how he comes to fall in love with each of them separately.

Those four women are Charlotte, Lucy, Suzi and Emma, and they are the four main love interests with whom you will be able to have a romantic and sexual relationship.

The relationships are exclusive of one another, so the player chooses their love interest and the other three will be excluded. That means that if you don't choose Emma as your love interest then you will not experience any sexual content involving her and your growing father-daughter relationship will continue.

I chose for Emma and the MC to form a father-daughter kind of relationship for a number of reasons. The main one is because I wanted the player to feel that a romantic relationship with Emma was wrong and inappropriate somehow, which it is on many levels. I hoped that people choosing her as a love interest would feel conflicted about it and experience a moral dilemma, as the MC undoubtedly would.

I don't want to spoil the story by saying too much about what is going to happen, but I will say that, following the events of v0.11, Emma will begin to act more maturely and she will be the one that initiates the romantic relationship with the MC.

If anyone has any more specific questions or concerns then leave a comment and I will try to answer them.

Thanks,
DB

I'm all for Emma acting more maturely. After the night she just had she is going to need to grow up in a hurry. Don't think that she is the love interest that I would pick myself, but I'm sure that storyline will have its fans.

луна

Aug 24, 2021

Thanks,
DB

For me feels weird pursuing Emma given how she and mc bonded, as seen in the last update Emma sees the mc as a father figure. My end goal is the mc gets a happy ending with Charlotte and nothing more.

DrReyMoore

Jul 19, 2019

Thanks,
DB

Maybe you should mark this as spoiler lol, I don't mind but maybe some people do.

Mar 5, 2020

Thanks,
DB

Right now, considering how Emma has only been trying to push the MC and her mother towards a romantic relationship, I have a hard time seeing how the way she considers the MC can shift towards a romantic relationship rather than a father-daughter one.
That said, with DB's storytelling capabilities, I trust he will find a way

Reactions: Old Dog

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
Was this actually that big a deal where DB had to make a post? I'm confuse. Were people angry that Emma is included as a LI or that they don't want Emma as a LI?

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021

Thanks,
DB

I might be in the minority here but Emma will never be an LI for my MC, she's his daughter and that's that. You did a great job writing the MC, one of the few times an adult MC has been written properly and not like a horny kid who hasn't seen a pair of tits before. And it's for that reason why imo the MC and Emma just doesn't work in a romance sense. MC needs a woman not a girl and although you're planning to make Emma more matured the father-daughter seeds has already been sewn for 11 episodes,and I think it's perfect as it is.
I can however see how Emma would fall in love with the MC tho, that was to be expected at some point. I just hope that we won't hurt her if we reject her like how Lucy gets hurt if you reject her. Speaking of Lucy I've noticed when you're on her path she seems quite jealous of Charlotte which I can understand cause in the past all of her bfs only wanted Charlotte but I do hope nothing serious comes from that jealousy.

That said, The Prince is dead!! Didn't see that coming... I usually skip Zamma or Zak scenes so when I saw that I was like "hold up lemme hit back on this mah"

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
The MC is super backed up, though. He really needs to get back in the saddle and I think that Lucy is ready to ride.
She's ready but in the last episode when the MC was ready to fuck her in a basement she backed out. I Guess she's not that ready lol

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I might be in the minority here but Emma will never be an LI for my MC...
Dont think that majority of players have Emma as LI...those are only fairly vocal around:unsure:
Charli would be a main LI for most players (myself included). I presume.
And having Charli as a LI, automatically excludes Emma, and Emma only.
With any other chick mc could fool around, for a bit at least, yet not with her little precious - if Charly is the main target.
Hell, (dead)Zaky-boy has proved that quite well!:BootyTime:

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
And having Charli as a LI, automatically excludes Emma, and Emma only.
With any other chick mc could fool around, for a bit at least
Naah that was made clear it won't happen. Like I said the MC has been written properly like a decent dude not a horny kid or cheating scumbag.If you're dating Lucy the MC will automatically turn down that super model chick(forgot her name) which I think is great, usually players tend to ruin "good guy" MCs by making them cheat or whatever but it doesn't seem like that will be the case with this MC.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
She's ready but in the last episode when the MC was ready to fuck her in a basement she backed out. I Guess she's not that ready lol
I'm sure she wanted to, but it was awkward with her other boyfriend the washing machine sitting right there. They've spent so many wonderful spin cycles together it would be a shame to just cuck him like that.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
I'm sure she wanted to, but it was awkward with her other boyfriend the washing machine sitting right there. They've spent so many wonderful spin cycles together it would be a shame to just cuck him like that.
Hey now who said anything about cucking Ol Washington Machina!! I mean I do recall Lucy mentioning a 3 way with the MC and WM :BootyTime:

Reactions: NewTricks

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
Was this actually that big a deal where DB had to make a post? I'm confuse. Were people angry that Emma is included as a LI or that they don't want Emma as a LI?
Yes it was. But that's not really surprising. The game is focusing on story and make the player feels something (if the player wants to of course).

There is even a madman on his Discord always a step away of blowing a fuse every time someone sees Emma as an LI ^^

I might be in the minority here but Emma will never be an LI for my MC, she's his daughter and that's that. You did a great job writing the MC, one of the few times an adult MC has been written properly and not like a horny kid who hasn't seen a pair of tits before. And it's for that reason why imo the MC and Emma just doesn't work in a romance sense. MC needs a woman not a girl and although you're planning to make Emma more matured the father-daughter seeds has already been sewn for 11 episodes,and I think it's perfect as it is.
I can however see how Emma would fall in love with the MC tho, that was to be expected at some point. I just hope that we won't hurt her if we reject her like how Lucy gets hurt if you reject her. Speaking of Lucy I've noticed when you're on her path she seems quite jealous of Charlotte which I can understand cause in the past all of her bfs only wanted Charlotte but I do hope nothing serious comes from that jealousy.

That said, The Prince is dead!! Didn't see that coming... I usually skip Zamma or Zak scenes so when I saw that I was like "hold up lemme hit back on this mah"
I don't know about minority, but you are really far from being alone thinking that. Trust me

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes