4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
The problem is that most here like DIK are just wagging their finger at people who like Emma and trying to shame them for their kink.

Emma people are not shaming others but are definitely showered with it from the Charli lovers.

It is bad enough that DB had to say something. Emma is available as a LI and he stands by that decision and wants people to give him a chance to tell that story. But the people so strongly against it should never see that story so why does it concern them so greatly? They do not want us to have Emma like that. They want to impose their POV on the rest of us. You see it all over the place on F95 if you like certain things people flat out troll and shame you. Even though it is explicitly against the "Rules" of this site. But that is just an accepted failing of this site.

Emma is my future lover in this VN, and I am super looking forward to it. I think it fits perfectly since I have known "real women" who prefer older "daddy" types as it just what attracts them and makes them feel secure and taken care of. So fitting it in is not in the least bit complicated.

PEACE
I am not shaming anyone, I am just passing my opinion on why i think it is a bad idea of making Emma a love interest. If she is your thing that is your choice, but please don't accuse me of trying to shame anyone for finding her as a love interest.

Last time i checked we are allowed to have our opinions on here, if you agree or disagree with that, that is your choice.

All i have said is i don't see how it can work as i can not see Charlotte, Luci and Suzi accepting thid relationship between Emma and the MC.

And i do enjoy the fact that people got pissed of with a piece of art i did of a harem route, but it is ok for DB to post a image of Emma side by side, one image of the sweet innocent Emma we have come to care about, to the image on the right of her dressed like a slut.

So by all means if Emma is you thing then don't feel ashamed of it.

Reactions: Old Dog

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017

There have been some concerns voiced recently about Emma being a love interest. In response I said that I would make a post about it.

Simply put, Hillside is about a man who enters the lives of a family of four women and how he comes to fall in love with each of them separately.

Those four women are Charlotte, Lucy, Suzi and Emma, and they are the four main love interests with whom you will be able to have a romantic and sexual relationship.

The relationships are exclusive of one another, so the player chooses their love interest and the other three will be excluded. That means that if you don't choose Emma as your love interest then you will not experience any sexual content involving her and your growing father-daughter relationship will continue.

I chose for Emma and the MC to form a father-daughter kind of relationship for a number of reasons. The main one is because I wanted the player to feel that a romantic relationship with Emma was wrong and inappropriate somehow, which it is on many levels. I hoped that people choosing her as a love interest would feel conflicted about it and experience a moral dilemma, as the MC undoubtedly would.

I don't want to spoil the story by saying too much about what is going to happen, but I will say that, following the events of v0.11, Emma will begin to act more maturely and she will be the one that initiates the romantic relationship with the MC.

If anyone has any more specific questions or concerns then leave a comment and I will try to answer them.

Thanks,
DB

DB is a way too kind person for this world...

Bendover885

Jan 29, 2020
Generally, I don't like the "father-daughter" stuff in VNs. But DB has earned at least my trust that he can pull this off. All the best to those who are waiting for Emma.

Reactions: 6pak2go

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I don't understand the controversy of Emma being a LI because she has always been a LI. This isn't news. She has been one of the main LI's the entire game.

DB's post pretty much confirmed everything I said a few pages ago.

- Emma has always been a LI
- Emma will initiate the relationship
- Emma, and the others, are exclusive LI's

As far as concerns of Charlotte/Suzi and Lucy having issues with Emma/MC dating...why would they? I understand that concern at the start, but not now. If MC has proven anything, is that he is a good, reliable and caring person. The only potential holdup is the age gap. But with Emma being the imitator of the relationship, I don't see any reason for the other girls to have an issue with it.

They were all fine with her dating Zac, who is a complete and total ass who was bullying and manipulating Emma for his own entertainment. MC is a significant upgrade in every possible way.

FMWildhy

Dec 14, 2021
As far as concerns of Charlotte/Suzi and Lucy having issues with Emma/MC dating...why would they? I understand that concern at the start, but not now. If MC has proven anything, is that he is a good, reliable and caring person. The only potential holdup is the age gap. But with Emma being the imitator of the relationship, I don't see any reason for the other girls to have an issue with it.
They have a lot of reasons to be concerned if Emma and the MC would start dating. The age gap logically being a big one as she only recently became an 'adult'. You talk about him being a good reliable and caring person, which is true. However this is in the sense of a fatherlike position, which would make a relationship very weird for obvious reasons. On top of that he kind of has an authority position over her, which again would make it very weird for them to start dating. I don't know if I will eventually play her path, but I hope DB will make a believable story regarding this tackling all issues that a relationship between the two will entail.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
please will anyone tell me the personality of all the characters, please in detail if possible
I am almost certain that the game itself has a little slide with this information but here goes:

MC is basically Kevin Costner from "The Bodyguard." Watch that movie. Its great.

Charlotte "Charli" the mom is a supermodel that mistrusts men because, well, she really can't trust them. She is like Helen of Troy and other than the MC everyone with a Y chromosome in the game has tried to drug her, blackmail her, rape her, kill her, beat her, stalk her, or all of the above. In terms of personality, she seems stuck up at first but is a really warm and caring person underneath.

Emma, the youngest daughter, is naive to the point of insufferably. Yet, she is also undeniably adorable. The lack of any male presence in her life makes her idealize boys in general and Zac in particular. We are meant to want to protect her at all costs. She has trepidation about the MC at first but unless you treat her like a total brute she bonds with him much more swiftly than the others. Well, except for...

Lucy makes no bones about the fact that she wants the MC from the first moment she sees him. She is very direct and forthright. She is also brave and protective of those she cares about. She also is selfless and has basically sacrificed her life and her happiness for her sister even though basically every guy who has ever approached her is basically using her as an in to get with her sister. I didn't like her much at first but I will have to admit that she grows on you. I worry that she is the secret villain like the sister in "The Bodyguard."

Suzy... oh, honey. Suzy has many of the same good qualities that Lucy has but unlike Lucy she has so much anger, hatred, and narcissistic rage. She is very driven by personal success and is focused on her personal achievements. Perhaps to excess. She has little in the way of self-control and will fly off the handle at the drop of a hat. She cares about her family but she is too proud and stubborn to ask for help. Oh, and she is probably a lesbian.

Kayla. Model in the streets and tornado in the sheets. Nice enough girl but if there is more to her other than her lust for MC, soft spot for Emma, and inability to sense danger the game hasn't given it to us.

Derpyshanks

Jul 14, 2021
Honestly, the only shock to me is Suzi being a "Main" love interest. I can't wait to see how that unfolds.

Emma on the other hand clearly was a LI to me. Hell, I thought she was the main LI.(And still do tbh)

Its like people in this forum never seen a father/daughter scenario evolve into a romantic one. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: It's fucking F95

• Red Heart
Reactions: BigDaddyDom

bananabrown

Oct 18, 2019
Honestly, the only shock to me is Suzi being a "Main" love interest. I can't wait to see how that unfolds.
She's hot headed and irationally angry, but when the MC brought her phone back I thnk she was impressed. She got angry about his dismissive/underwhelming response to the photo he received which shows she valued his opinion. She's hot headed and irationally angry but at the same time I think she loved how the MC controlled the situation with the blackmail.

When Suzi finds out the MC snapped a guys neck she's going to be wetter than a Paddy Field. When she find out he snapped a mans neck to save Emma were going to have to build the Ark.

Bendover885

Jan 29, 2020
She's hot headed and irationally angry, but when the MC brought her phone back I thnk she was impressed. She got angry about his dismissive/underwhelming response to the photo he received which shows she valued his opinion.
I read that differently. She's worried he will be like Johno and try to blackmail her. She wants him to react because it would validate what she already thinks of him. I don't think we are at the point yet where she holds him in high regard.

Her attitude may change in the aftermath of the cliffhanger. You are right about that I think.

Suzi's scene was the weak part of the update for me, likely because Suzi was acting out of character in my view.

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
The problem is that most here like DIK are just wagging their finger at people who like Emma and trying to shame them for their kink.

Emma people are not shaming others but are definitely showered with it from the Charli lovers.

It is bad enough that DB had to say something. Emma is available as a LI and he stands by that decision and wants people to give him a chance to tell that story. But the people so strongly against it should never see that story so why does it concern them so greatly? They do not want us to have Emma like that. They want to impose their POV on the rest of us. You see it all over the place on F95 if you like certain things people flat out troll and shame you. Even though it is explicitly against the "Rules" of this site. But that is just an accepted failing of this site.

Emma is my future lover in this VN, and I am super looking forward to it. I think it fits perfectly since I have known "real women" who prefer older "daddy" types as it just what attracts them and makes them feel secure and taken care of. So fitting it in is not in the least bit complicated.

PEACE
I think you have this wrong. I don't view Emma as being too young to be a LI (my very first line was that Emma wasn't the problem) ... I greatly look forward to her lewd scenes. However, if the dev intents to create a self-consistent gameworld with real personalities and consequences to actions, then in that context I just don't see a path that ends well (i.e., preserves good relations with other characters) between MC and Emma. That's simply my interpretation of the characters the dev has created, and assuming their reactions are consistent with their established personalities. I think Lucy/Kaylah would be OK with it, but not Charlotte/Suzi.

Last edited:

bananabrown

Oct 18, 2019
I read that differently. She's worried he will be like Johno and try to blackmail her. She wants him to react because it would validate what she already thinks of him. I don't think we are at the point yet where she holds him in high regard.

Her attitude may change in the aftermath of the cliffhanger. You are right about that I think.

Suzi's scene was the weak part of the update for me, likely because Suzi was acting out of character in my view.
You could be right but I don't think at this point she believes the MC has evil intentions.

I think Suzi had a predisposition of thinking the MC was an asshole.

When the MC gave back her phone she was sceptical and angry because it went against the narrative she had built for the MC, but I think when the MC effortlessly solved her problem it left a positive impression to her dismay.
( I never think she truly believed the MC would hurt her after this )

When Suzi finds out the MC has her photo I think she's torn between her own narrative of the MC and what his actual opinion of her is. She expects him to be a pervert but he either ignores her or replies with a very generic polite response. IMO this makes her frustrated that he didn't fill his role in her narrative yet again, but also doesn't find her desirable.

I think getting angry at the MC for not letting Emma go on a date was her final grasp to justify her old opinion of the MC and saving Emma's life will be the end of her crusade.

testo2

May 5, 2018
Great game! The story has me gripped, despite a dozen medium to large sized plot holes. Every main character is very well done and I love all of them and especially their family dynamic. Watching Emma and Charlotte together brought tears to my eyes and at the same time made me smile a lot, very well done! I find each of the 4 LIs visually stunning in her own right and love the little differences in body shapes, while still falling in that obviously subjective range of "ideal" figures.

Personally I'm not too happy with there being no Harem or at least more-than-one-LI paths and I'm also not too happy with the plans to let Emma become more mature and initiate the romantic relationship. Before reading that the LIs are exclusive, I envisioned a future where Lucy could share "the best man she ever met" with her sister, who apparently never even had a decent man, without feeling insecurity. And where they both felt, that the safest and most loving way for Emma to become a woman, would be MC. Well, there are dozens of games with harem content like that, so I suppose I shouldn't complain. The only reason I still feel compelled to do so, is because Hillside is an incredible well done game with very adorable, beautiful and lovable characters. I'm heartbroken to think I will have to let any of them go.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Charlotte and Suzi both work to protect Emma.

Charlotte, as her mother, wants to protect her now AND wants her to have the best future.

If the only man on planet Earth who qualifies as a "good man" is the MC, Charli has 2 choices.

1. Date him herself (which many of you intend to pick) -- (IMO, sensible for those who like her char)

2. Let her daughter be with him thereby protecting her now and giving her a future of happiness since ALL other men will lead pain and ruin for Emma (Charli's POV on men). Mothers can sacrifice (loses her chance to date MC) for the good of their children (let Emma have the best guy on Earth). So the plot is not even slightly hard to conceive from a "will Charli allow it" standpoint. And if Charlotte is convinced Suzi will be by actions and EVERYONE else's opinions as well.

So again anyone groaning about it is shortsighted and concerned with a path they WILL NOT see in their game.

PEACE

bananabrown

Oct 18, 2019
Emma's route needs to avoid the usual tropes and be handled with great care. A believable non sleazy relationship all starts at the foundation.

First and foremost is communication. The moment Emma begins to think of the MC as a Man and not a father/guardian she has to tell Charlotte before she tells the MC. Once Charlotte knows she can try to guide Emma with her feelings. If it's handled like this with Charlotte in control and the MC having nothing to do with Emma's decisions it could work...

Emma shouldn't realise she has feelings for the MC from some sleazy "oh wow his pp is so big" or some other cringey shit. DB has done a great job building a strong bond with Emma and she needs validation and security. It wouldn't be that hard to justify her feelings.

On the whole though I really like being Emma's dad.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes