4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

Bendover885

Jan 29, 2020
Charlotte and Suzi both work to protect Emma.

Charlotte, as her mother, wants to protect her now AND wants her to have the best future.

If the only man on planet Earth who qualifies as a "good man" is the MC, Charli has 2 choices.

1. Date him herself (which many of you intend to pick) -- (IMO, sensible for those who like her char)

2. Let her daughter be with him thereby protecting her now and giving her a future of happiness since ALL other men will lead pain and ruin for Emma (Charli's POV on men). Mothers can sacrifice (loses her chance to date MC) for the good of their children (let Emma have the best guy on Earth). So the plot is not even slightly hard to conceive from a "will Charli allow it" standpoint. And if Charlotte is convinced Suzi will be by actions and EVERYONE else's opinions as well.

So again anyone groaning about it is shortsighted and concerned with a path they WILL NOT see in their game.

PEACE
Probably the best justification for the Emma path. For me, it will depend on how much Emma "grows up" in the following updates.

The thing I'm struggling with is the amount of tension I feel with just the idea of Emma as a LI somewhere down the road. When that transition from familial to romantic finally materializes, how uncomfortable it will necessarily be. It's like an Eric Whitacre chord structure: chords on top of chords that create a complex dissonance. We aren't even there yet, as MC is firmly in the paternal role for Emma, and she the child. When that dissonance appears later, resolving that will be tricky but DB seems to be up for it. Hope it turns out well for those that want the outcome.

Emma's route needs to avoid the usual tropes and be handled with great care. A believable non sleazy relationship all starts at the foundation.
Yes, this. Avoid the sleaze; it just would not fit the story, as sleaze is sort of the Big Bad here.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
As I have said before I have 4 active paths. Charlotte (by far my preference) Suzi and Emma (more or less tied), Lucy last (mostly because of her willingness to jam me up with Char). So let us understand, that in each path I'm focused ONLY on that woman.

Now in the Emma path, the MC is a mentor/protector of a young woman. She's not my daughter and regardless of how sheltered she's been and how naive she acts, she is an adult. I see part of my responsibility is to treat her as an adult and get her to think about herself and her life in those terms. She's not 12. The MC tries mightily not to treat her like she's 12, in some cases ignoring Charlotte's direction about what Emma should know about the threats around her.

Given those aspects of my Emma path, if she decides to react too recent events by assuming an adult approach to her world, and decides SHE WANTS to explore that world with me, why wouldn't I explore those possibilities?

She's been an LI from the beginning. If she comes out of all the shit realizing it's time to take an adult view of the world, why would I not treat her as an adult if she approaches me to do so?

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
As I have said before I have 4 active paths. Charlotte (by far my preference) Suzi and Emma (more or less tied), Lucy last (mostly because of her willingness to jam me up with Char). So let us understand, that in each path I'm focused ONLY on that woman.

Now in the Emma path, the MC is a mentor/protector of a young woman. She's not my daughter and regardless of how sheltered she's been and how naive she acts, she is an adult. I see part of my responsibility is to treat her as an adult and get her to think about herself and her life in those terms. She's not 12. The MC tries mightily not to treat her like she's 12, in some cases ignoring Charlotte's direction about what Emma should know about the threats around her.

Given those aspects of my Emma path, if she decides to react too recent events by assuming an adult approach to her world, and decides SHE WANTS to explore that world with me, why wouldn't I explore those possibilities?

She's been an LI from the beginning. If she comes out of all the shit realizing it's time to take an adult view of the world, why would I not treat her as an adult if she approaches me to do so?
No argument against this. However, you shouldn't reasonably expect Charlotte to accept this. Pursuing Emma or Suzi as LIs should result in a shattered family dynamic if this is meant to be portray 'realistic' character responses.

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
Sigh...disney princess has so much screen time. I hope there will be more of Lucy or Charlotte or even Suzi in the future.

Reactions: rKnight

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well suzi stays in college mostly so only seen if mc visits on her or she visits at home or she makes angry call to mommy and/or mc.

Raminita

Only in madness, do you find beautiful death
GFX Designer
Donor
Jun 11, 2017

PREVIEW IMAGES

Emma clings to the MC.

Lucy finally gets the MC right where she wants him - in her bed.

Lucy's second favourite niece needs to talk.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
No argument against this. However, you shouldn't reasonably expect Charlotte to accept this. Pursuing Emma or Suzi as LIs should result in a shattered family dynamic if this is meant to be portray 'realistic' character responses.
If I haven't pursued any of the women before Emma starts to pursue me, Charlotte may have an initial problem but I've been nothing but honorable. So it's Emma saying "Mom I'm an adult. I love him. You know he's a good man. I'm after him, he never made a move on me until I opened that door. Sure he's older, but you're older than him. Would you have a problem if he was pursuing you?" Emma, not the MC, convinces Charlotte that she should stay clear.

As for real life, a couple years ago I attended a wedding where the age gap was almost exactly the gap between Emma and the MC, though the bride was 22 not 18. But there's no hurry the MC can slow things down and give Emma time to finish maturing. If in the end her feelings and desires haven't changed, so be it. That delay give Charlotte time to adjust.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Well... Script 5%, renders 1%...

See you at Xmas, guys (maybe).

:cry:
Probably not gonna take that long since DB's no longer going through health problems and is gonna release smaller updates, to where we'll probably see the next release in August.

Reactions: 6pak2go

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
What is needed is to give Kaylah a good deep breeding session, now Emma is safe there is no reason not to go play.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
BUT she's not safe.
Emma is safe because the stalker's been dealt with and Carter is no longer gonna pose a problem since he was the one behind the endangerment of Emma. As for Charlotte, mc and Kaylah, no one knows they're in danger yet, so right now, everyone believes they're finished and can try returning to a semi normal life. With that said, Charlotte, if not freaked out by what mc did to Carter, will try to hire mc on as a permanent body guard.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Emma is safe because the stalker's been dealt with and Carter is no longer gonna pose a problem since he was the one behind the endangerment of Emma. As for Charlotte, mc and Kaylah, no one knows they're in danger yet, so right now, everyone believes they're finished and can try returning to a semi normal life. With that said, Charlotte, if not freaked out by what mc did to Carter, will try to hire mc on as a permanent body guard.
Or better yet Kaylah will hire us, I mean let's face it, she is the only mature female in the game, I have played games where the girls look loli, like My New Memories, and they are more mature than Emma or Suzi, and Lucy, Kaylah and if you are on her path Lucy is going to be the only chance for sex in this game, if even that happens.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes