SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018

We return to the Sunny Sunday morning on an island somewhere in the pacific...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual images or story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019
Version 0.3.0 beta - development news (updated 22. of November 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.3.0 beta).​
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.3.0 release.​
There will be another bug fix soon (0.2.3.2). For details see below change log.
The next main release is 0.3.0 beta which will be a new full update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.3.0 to 0.3.0 has:
158 additional renders, videos or sound files
43 updated renders

New features and content
  • A new location, the underground lab and infirmary will be introduced with two new special characters --> still working on it
  • A new scene when the MC jogs at the beach and hurts himself will be added. It's a scene with Miriam that leads to the discovery of the underground lab --> still working on it
  • Yvette gets another appointment at the beach during sunset --> still working on it
  • Aly gets a random event in her room, that involves cosplay --> still working on it
  • A new special action (pose butt) has been added for Amy, Alice and Jessica. More character will follow later --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Natasha gets a second arrival scene with a new "on the plane" story and some additional renders --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Natasha's arrival scene has been re-rendered in 2560x1440 and some new images have been added. The dialogue is now also completely different between the first and later arrival scenes --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Yvette gets a new scene when she's standing in her door wearing just a towel --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Alice gets and additional strength training appointment that is repeatable --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Alice's event where she's struggling with the weights at the gym has been completely remade. There is also an achievement now --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Alice will get an update for her strength training appointments. All images will be re-rendered in 2560x1440 webp format --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • Image quality when special actions like groping etc. are shown on the phone has been improved --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Natasha gets two new sexting and three new dream images --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • The phone gets a new character overview screen with more information and direct (1 click) access to all girl related data and achievements --> will be part of 0.3.0.0

Bug fixes
  • When the doctor is talking, sometimes a wrong name is displayed --> will be fixed with 0.3.0.0

Is the update going to break save games?
0.2.3.2 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.3.0.0 beta --> same as for 0.2.3.2​

Estimated release dates:
0.2.3.2 beta --> available since 11th of october from the main page, or the links in this post:
0.3.0.0 beta --> no idea yet
This new location has been in the works for what, four months by now? I am not complaining, just wondering if it's really that difficult to include new locations in the game?

• Angry
Reactions: Bantry

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
This new location has been in the works for what, four months by now? I am not complaining, just wondering if it's really that difficult to include new locations in the game?
"if it's really that difficult to include new locations in the game?"

Try it out yourself then to answer your question.
Make a game, learn RenPy, learn Daz3d, make characters... and then see how long it takes you?

Lots of thing happening in this not so wonderful year that can affect things being delayed.
Need I say more...

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
It doesn't have anything to do with "adding a new location". It's not just a "background image" you can go to. This would take like 30 minutes with nothing to do there except kiss, hug, etc. The lab is not a location you can just go to.

The whole underground lab has to made from scratch based on a ton of modifed and adjusted assets. There was nothing out there that worked even remotedly out of the box for what I had in mind.
What makes it take even longer is the way it's going to work. Once you get into the lab, you can't get out until all is done what you're supposed to do during the first visit. Setting this up takes time and a lot of renders, to get it up to something that feels complete. I cannot just add more to the first events in the lab later on. So everything that's supposed to happen needs to be finished all in one release.
There will also be three new characters that need a personality, behavor patterns, way they dress and talk, etc. and they had to be designed too. I could just have taken premade models from Daz like most other creators do, but that's not how I work.

On top of it that is has been mentioned 4 months ago says exactly what? That I've been working on it 5 minutes per month? So 20 minutes in total? Well, not exactly true, but I've not worked exclusively on the lab, not by a long shot.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
It doesn't have anything to do with "adding a new location". It's not just a "background image" you can go to. This would take like 30 minutes with nothing to do there except kiss, hug, etc. The lab is not a location you can just go to.

The whole underground lab has to made from scratch based on a ton of modifed and adjusted assets. There was nothing out there that worked even remotedly out of the box for what I had in mind.
What makes it take even longer is the way it's going to work. Once you get into the lab, you can't get out until all is done what you're supposed to do during the first visit. Setting this up takes time and a lot of renders, to get it up to something that feels complete. I cannot just add more to the first events in the lab later on. So everything that's supposed to happen needs to be finished all in one release.
There will also be three new characters that need a personality, behavor patterns, way they dress and talk, etc. and they had to be designed too. I could just have taken premade models from Daz like most other creators do, but that's not how I work.

On top of it that is has been mentioned 4 months ago says exactly what? That I've been working on it 5 minutes per month? So 20 minutes in total? Well, not exactly true, but I've not worked exclusively on the lab, not by a long shot.
We guessed as much. You are usually fast for small things. So when you are not fast it is obviously not small. And I am sure we will like it, whatever is is you think up. So what if it will not be in v0.3.0.0 or if v0.3.0.0 will only be shipped next year? Quality takes time.

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
View attachment 911325

On an Island Somewhere in the Pacific ...

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual images or story from the game )
I thought "Lil' Bantry" belonged to Deliza :unsure:

• Hey there

Vince Red

Oct 3, 2020
[...]
... I could just have taken premade models from Daz like most other creators do, but that's not how I work.
[...]
Fortunately.
The work is excellent and the girls are wonderful. As soon as the game is played, you can see the enormous work behind it. You have not only worked on renders and a dizzying amount of code for me. You have endowed each girl with a unique personality.
The work is exquisite and I feel lucky to be able to enjoy your game. I thank you for allowing me to do so.

Vince Red

Oct 3, 2020
View attachment 911325

On an Island Somewhere in the Pacific ...

(***disclaimer***)
34E – 23 – 38 take note

So the date was your idea , Bantry.
Brenda is an incredible girl and terribly sexy in that bikini .
Tonight I'm meeting her for a photo shoot

So if you'll excuse me, I shut down the pc and go to the shower. I have an appointment ... errrr .... a photo session

norb82

Sep 19, 2018
View attachment 908696

On an Island, Somewhere in the Pacific ...

(This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual images or story from the game)

Huge shout out and thank you to darkhound1 for letting me use one of his early renders of Alice!
You did really great job wth Alice Bantry!!!

I took a photo of her while she was looking for your photos you made with her :

alice phone.jpg

Last edited:

yip_man

Sep 3, 2020
How do I set up the appointment to walk on the beach with Yvette during sunset?

I tried to visit her room several times during the day/evening/night. I just get the default options when visiting her...

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
How do I set up the appointment to walk on the beach with Yvette during sunset?

I tried to visit her room several times during the day/evening/night. I just get the default options when visiting her...
Read page 131 of the Companion Guide.

Not Data

Aug 23, 2020
THINGS I'D LIKE TO SEE BUT DO NOT EXPECT #4

Getting Away With Murder

OK, maybe not that extreme. But this is a sequel of sorts relating to not following the rules of a contest. This time, I'd like to talk about the operation of the Wet T-Shirt contest.

At least once during every contest, at least one of the girls will expose their boobs prematurely. Jennifer issues a threat of disqualification. But still, another girl will do it later on in the contest. I've even seen the same girl do it twice the same day! Don't the girls ever learn or remember anything? Aren't the girls in the audience taking notes? They'll do the same thing if they are in the contest next week!

Perhaps they realize that Jennifer is issuing empty threats. Are they taking advantage of Jennifer's kindly nature? Or do they think she is a wuss too chicken to follow through ? If they were aware of her tit fighting skills, I doubt the latter theory is accurate.

During the illegal exposure, cheating female might state that she was just showing "what a real girl has to offer" or something like that. That should not be necessary. Every time that happens, I'd like to say something like "That's ok. I know that already from when we had sex the other day." I wonder how other girls would react to that!

All of this makes me wonder. Why do these girls want to win so much? Some so much that they are willing to bribe you with a possible sexual encounter later that night. It's got to be more than a trophy! What good is that hunk of metal on an island using Company Favor? If they do earn money, they sure aren't using it to buy new outfits! Maybe some aspiring doctors or nurses still have to pay off student loans.

But seriously folk, Darkhound recently gave us a new and improved version on the butt side. Perhaps someday something similar will occur up front. Feel free to discuss :D.

BDMick

Nov 26, 2017
Last night I tried - unsuccessfully :cry: - to have sex with Yvette at the reception at the end of her shift. Everything was set or so I thought. Her and my lust were high enough, as was endurance. However she "only" ever showed me her breasts. And that was it. I did everything as mentioned in the Guide. However, to no avail...
A search gave me the hint that there might be a cool down period of three days as mentioned by Puppet Master (yes, surprisingly, search does help). And, indeed a look at my saves (yes, they do help as well) confirmed that I had had sex with her at reception only two days earlier.
It would probably be a valuable piece of information if this cool down period of three days got mentioned in the Guide as well?

4.10 star(s) 213 Votes