Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Content_preview_0360.jpg

Version 0.3.6 - development news (updated 18th of June 2022)

Hi guys and gals,​
this post offers you a collection of news about the next version of Holiday Island (0.3.6).​
You can see the main focus and side areas for the next update in the above image.​
The change log below is based on the release 0.3.5.0.
The next main release is 0.3.6 which will be a full update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include new features and some bug fixes as well.
An incremental update to 0.3.5.1 will be released soon for Windows, Linux and Mac. Also a full update for Android version 0.3.5.1 will be released soon.
As of right now, the update from 0.3.5.0 to 0.3.6.0 has:
496 additional renders, videos or sound files
204 updated renders

New features and content
  • The MC chats some more with Mia, before he says goodbye and Sara takes him back to the surface --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Sara takes a blood sample from the MC --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Jessica gets a lap dance poker reward add-on --> still working on it
  • Jessica's poker play scene is remade --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Ivy visits the MC in his room after the breast bump event and she poses for him --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Ivy gets an improved breast bump event with new renders and four achievements --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Lacey gets a workout yoga scene --> still working on it (renders are mostly done)
  • Lacey gets a remade pecs training scene --> still working on it (renders are mostly done)
  • Lacey gets a scene at the gym shower -->still working on it (renders are done)
  • Lacey gets a remade pull-ups scene and a short quest for strength training --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Lacey will be replaced by a new and very much improved version. All her character sprites are remade and she gets some new outfits --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • The MC chats with Mia and gets a MRI for his ankle --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Daniela does a MRI on Mia and the MC meets Mia for the first time --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Sara picks up the MC at his room for a checkup on his ankle --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Aly gets a workout shower scene with a happy ending for the MC --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Aly gets a remade and very much improved workout bench press scene with three achievements --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Deliza gets new sperm congestion problem scenes for both of her nurse outfits --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • You will be able to ask Yvette to go to the sauna with you. She will get a short walk to and enter the sauna sequence. --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • Yvette gets new high res character sprites for her swimwear, including emotions --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
Bug fixes
  • Alice breast type still showed unknown after a walk on the beach with her --> will be fixed with 0.3.6.0
Is the update going to break save games?:
0.3.6.0 --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
Estimated release dates:
0.3.6.0 --> no idea yet

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

On an Island, Somewhere in the Pacific ...

Just Having Fun

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

• Love
Reactions: junior366

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Best girls look amazing! you sir are an artist!
VERY nice, thanks again dude for your hard work in creating extra pics for us all.
Thanks.

These are always amazing!! I’m sure this has been asked before, but on average how long does each render take you to complete?
I cannot remember if it has been asked nor answered, my memory is not what it used to be anymore.
The time can vary from hours to days.

Most renders here are variants or copies of an original render, so they take in the up to a few hours range.

Said times could be reduced using the more common wet/plastic styles that dominate rendering in Daz (and Blender) or just accepting 3D outfit tend to look odd a lot, but it would not really be classic style anymore if that was done.

Not Data

Aug 23, 2020
Some public previews of the new Lacey (0.3.6 preview)

Hello everybody,

as a patron, you have already seen a couple of preview images of the new Lacey.
Today I'm going to share some more images with all of you.
  • First image is from her beach walk scene, wearing her skimpy bikini.
  • Second image shows Lacey walking into the gym after changing into her workout outfit
  • Third image is Lacey complaining about too much weight when she's about to do pecs training
  • Image number four shows her starting with her yoga exercises
  • In the last one, she's leaving the gym shower
I hope you enjoy the previews,
Darkhound

View attachment 1868214

View attachment 1868216 View attachment 1868215 View attachment 1868217 View attachment 1868219
Here is a belated complement for the updates to the new Lacey. I'm sure I will be inviting her to the island once the new updates are ready. But I will be asking her to pick up a case of Gelaxis beer on the way. I can't seem to get any here.

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
Here is a belated complement for the updates to the new Lacey. I'm sure I will be inviting her to the island once the new updates are ready. But I will be asking her to pick up a case of Gelaxis beer on the way. I can't seem to get any here.
Funny, I've talked Jennifer and Yumiko into stocking Michelob Light Ultra, Budweiser Select 55 and some German dark beer. It must be who you know!!! (I kid, I kid, those options aren't available but I wish they were!)

Reactions: Not Data

D6666

May 5, 2022
Funny, I've talked Jennifer and Yumiko into stocking Michelob Light Ultra, Budweiser Select 55 and some German dark beer. It must be who you know!!! (I kid, I kid, those options aren't available but I wish they were!)
I'm quite happy with the Asahi Super Dry Black, Yumiko's been stocking. Although the Bud would come in handy to clean the shower.

Mar 3, 2018
SCIENCE!!!

To quote Richard Dawkins: "It works, bitches." :geek:

Also, thank you for the breakdown.

Cheers,
Bill

More Holiday Island fun statistics

The regulars on this thread know that I like to post some Holiday Island fun statistics from time to time. Due to recent questions for the date of the next release, now is the perfect time for a new one regarding time between Holiday Island releases and Darkhound's work velocity.

This is the number of days between main Holiday Island releases:

View attachment 1860077

It is immediately apparent that the time between releases has increased and there have been (unfounded) complaints about that fact.
However, simply measuring the time between releases completely neglects to consider the amount of new and updated content that Darkhound created for each release. Though, this is partially reflected by the version numbers that have jumped from e.g. 0.2.3.0 to 0.3.0.0 and 0.3.1.0 to 0.3.5.0.

So if you plot the amount of new content against time between releases, you get a more complete picture:

View attachment 1860109

It is apparent that the data points more or less follow a straight line. This means that Darkound's work velocity is more or less constant! On average, per day, Darkhound completes four (!) new or updated features (see equation of the regression line).

Takeaways:
  • Darkhound's work velocity has not slowed down
  • The time between releases reflects the amount of new and updated content
  • If Darkhound reduced the time between releases to zero, there'd magically be 267 new or updated features ;)
  • We will get there when Darkhound gets there

Humphrey Wolfe

Sep 26, 2020
1655984599636.png idk why or how, but I've updated the game from 0.3.1.1 to 0.3.5.1 (copied the "saves" folder into the new game) and this happened immediately after I tried to go to the restaurant. Apart from that just as I entered the game it was fine, though right before going to the restaurant I did edit my MC's values so all of them are maxed out.

Is editing the values caused this or is it something else?

EDIT: Nvm lads, problemo solved, loaded a slightly older save file and it now works (so far)

Last edited:
Reactions: xapican and Bantry
4.00 star(s) 212 Votes