fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
new update... holy shit.
Now this is a proper f*king Dev.
Every update there's a damn Wall of Text in the changelog.
wish all devs were this dedicated.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
So the last time I played was during Version 1.0.2 and now every time I try to load my game I get an error when it tries to covert the save to 1.3.2, can anyone help me here please?
There have been some issues with converting older saves, however to answer your questions we need more information. Where did you download the latest release from? Have you downloaded the 'Hotfixes'? Have you installed everything correctly. Without this specific info we have no idea as to why you are having problems. So please take the time to answer the above questions and what exactly you did.

Pooseleps

May 3, 2017
There have been some issues with converting older saves, however to answer your questions we need more information. Where did you download the latest release from? Have you downloaded the 'Hotfixes'? Have you installed everything correctly. Without this specific info we have no idea as to why you are having problems. So please take the time to answer the above questions and what exactly you did.
Yes I have downloaded all the hotfixes but nothing seemed to work, removed the numbers at the front of the download too but still nothing. I downloaded the game from this site too and followed the instructions perfectly.

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
new update... holy shit.
Now this is a proper f*king Dev.
Every update there's a damn Wall of Text in the changelog.
wish all devs were this dedicated.
You'll actually get the same and often more info by checking his Patreon page. Although recommended. you do NOT have to be a patron to get the lastest updates and 'fixes'.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
For information, when I thought there were problems with the version system I gathered information and even attempted a very elderly 0.9.x save on 1.3.0. Apart from having to enter ignore about a dozen times it worked and I could have played the game from there. So I expect an 1.0.x save to work as well (apart from some ignores).

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Yes I have downloaded all the hotfixes but nothing seemed to work, removed the numbers at the front of the download too but still nothing. I downloaded the game from this site too and followed the instructions perfectly.
So I'm guessing you downloaded everything from the OP or page one of this thread. Here's what I would do. Open the game folder and find the folder 'saves' copy that somewhere else, another hard drive, USB stick, etc. Delete the folder 'Holiday Island' or whatever the name of the main folder you installed the game in.

Now open the 'C' driver and find the folder 'Users' then find the folder with your name. Within that folder will be one named 'AppData' and in that folder will be one named 'Roaming' and finally in that folder will be one named 'Renpy'. Either delete that folder entirely or open it and find the folder that has the Holiday Island 'saves' inside. Delete all of them. Don't freak out your 'saves' are still safe within the 'saves' folder you first copied somewhere else.

Now go to this page and download the game:

Follow the install instructions.

Now go to this page and download the six (6) Hotfixes:

Follow the install instructions again.

Now go back to the where you originally saved the 'saves' folder and copy it into the game folder. You should now be good to go.

Reactions: junior366

Sananeaq1

Jan 20, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'locations/loc__main.jpg'>:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'locations/loc__main.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 513, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 876, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 674, in script
`8}�$��:!5��_:Cz�n���=-�sm�؋��L��6_"�Y��Fi�������J��qn]7|o6�K�c��u�L�)�B*hӮK��]�>�$z�5d�I�ESĸ�3IH������e�b�gbd 2e�L�L/�:�y�.�
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1859, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1847, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 179, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2724, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2662, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3148, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2065, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 235, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 719, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 147, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 719, in render
File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Holiday Island 0.1.3.2
Sun Nov 25 05:42:54 2018

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'locations/loc__main.jpg'>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 513, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 876, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 674, in script
`8}�$��:!5��_:Cz�n���=-�sm�؋��L��6_"�Y��Fi�������J��qn]7|o6�K�c��u�L�)�B*hӮK��]�>�$z�5d�I�ESĸ�3IH������e�b�gbd 2e�L�L/�:�y�.�
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1859, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1847, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 179, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2724, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2662, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3148, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2065, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\Users\uqurs\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa8692.11626\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Holiday Island 0.1.3.2
Sun Nov 25 05:42:54 2018
Just an FYI, but in the future it is easier to just attach the traceback.txt file so we don't have to try and scroll through the whole thing. Now for the next important question, have you correctly installed the hotfix?

You can read more about it here and download the needed files.

• IOError: Couldn't find file 'locations/loc__main.jpg' when starting a new game --> will be fixed with 0.1.3.3 beta, or download the quick fix file "loc_pool.rpyc". Ignore should work too. Haven't tested it though.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
@caju I haven't seen it posted here before, but you can right click on the mouse when prompted for a name for your save. This will keep the same name for your save. Then click overwrite. So 1 extra step, but not much of one.
That would save me from clicking it on the keyboard. I am a bit shocked I didnt try it before. I probably should have tried before mentioning it, but I guess I was thrown off by the fact that it literally says to click enter or escape key.
Thanks!

Reactions: Puppet Master

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
I was wondering, because I still have not managed to get it after all this time, what do you have to do to get Alice's beach events?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I was wondering, because I still have not managed to get it after all this time, what do you have to do to get Alice's beach events?
Well it would help if you said what exactly you have tried. Hopefully you have her in her regular (blue) bikini and you are both at the beach. Not necessary, but it doesn't hurt if she is alone. Then you jog on the beach or visit the sunbeds. The scenes should trigger from there. Goes without saying hers and yours stats should be high.

Last edited:

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I got this one.
@Michael Mahadio Ivy's Breast Bump with Sex is one of the hardest events to get. Ivy must be in her skimpy bikini and located nowhere else. Walk to your room. The event will trigger randomly. I used to use the PGUP key to rollback, then take a blue pill and go to my room, triggering the scene again, but with me having the blue pill effect this time. Lately, after rolling back and taking my pill, the event disappears.
If this happens for you, you're going to need a lot of blue pills. In order to be sure you have the blue pill effect when the random event triggers, you'll have to keep taking them (about 2 or 3 per day). Then, you must have low endurance so that you can't control your erection; so keep masturbating. She will bump into you knocking you down, but when she picks you up, you'll get an erection. She will see that you are just the right size for her and do it with you in your bed.
You may have to cheat to get this. When the event triggers, SAVE! SAVE! SAVE! then return and type SHIFT-o to open the console and type player.add_effect("blue pill") ENTER then type player.add_effect("erection") ENTER ESC to get back to the game. You may want to let the scene play out to see if you get the erection effect naturally first; then if it doesn't happen, rollback, open the console, give yourself the erection effect, and return to the game.
Good luck!

Reactions: junior366

Fapp0

Aug 26, 2016
Why has the of @D.S.-sama been removed from the op?
His mod works perfectly fine, even after updates.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 213 Votes