Raz

Jun 1, 2017
Hope I set this up correctly and have the info needed.
But i got this error during the character creation part on the plane as well.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Hope I set this up correctly and have the info needed.
But i got this error during the character creation part on the plane as well.
Guys - you're really driving me nuts. This has been fixed since more than one day! If you just care to do some reading...
Just get the hot fixes linked at the first page and read the instructions. After you have renamed and copied the files to your game folder, delete the cache folder just to be sure and restart the game.

Last edited:

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
jessica dildo battery event has error pls fix that
Posts like that certainly help to fix errors. Since you described it in every little detail and attached the crash report as well...
Sarcasm off...

seems like everyone has problem somewehere else... :D
No - it seems like everyone is too dump to read some instructions - so instead the same problems that have been fixed long ago get complained about over and over again...

EDIT: I will release 0.1.3.3 very soon with fixes for all reported bugs (reported in a way that I can do anything about it that is).
Just doing some final tests and packing. It will be an incremental update.

Last edited:

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
I see the internet is alive and well.

Now we just need to attach human brains to the humans using it.
Which, I do have to say, is probably not possible.

So please forgive me for being an old cynic,
- But suggest to ignore low post/like people, and actually use ignore on those that are stuck on repeat.

Those of honest intentions will have to put in some work first and the "no human brain activity discovered" crowd, should just be ignored, always.

There should be enough patreons (and high score posters here) to provide decent bug coverage (speaking of which, turning the bug posts into 1 dollar patreon posts for the first days or week, at least until a full patch is ready, and then public it, could be sensible filtering of feedback too as well as a little sign up prodding).

I do not suggest any of that to be nasty. But the simple fact is that Holiday Island is seeing growth in attention and eventually it will overwhelm the personal care and attention one person can allocate to it, moreso as freebees seeing a developer will simply freebee the developer.

Post being a wonderful example (thanks for that btw, so nice to not having to scroll to find examples).

HI on F95 has a fairly decent size crowd of people following it, so it will on its own grind through most of the questions and fights, while darkhound gets some peace and quiet, so that should work out ok too.

Edit : Ah. I see Darkhound has posted while I typed this ;) v1.3.3 to the rescue

Last edited:

Raz

Jun 1, 2017
Guys - you're really driving me nuts. This has been fixed since more than one day! If you just care to do some reading...
Just get the hot fixes linked at the first page and read the instructions. After you have renamed and copied the files to your game folder, delete the cache folder just to be sure and restart the game.
So sorry about that, new here, missed the hotfix section. As i read that others were having the same problem with a reply asking for logs i didnt know it had been fixed already.

Reactions: Puppet Master

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Holiday Island has been updated to version 0.1.3.3 beta!

Please read and follow the instructions desrcibed within the spoiler tags on what to do with the files.

Just keep up the good work. Don't let all the noise get to you. HI is also suffering from the normal state of any piece of software. The devs fix a problem and people just refuse to apply the fix and keep complaining. Or apply the fix in the wrong way and cause even more mayhem. But as a software professional you are likely well-experienced with this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puppet Master

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Just wanted to let you know:
A bug has been introduced with the quick fixes (it's still there in 0.1.3.3) - the achievements when you visit the girls have vanished --> will be fixed with 0.1.3.4 beta

sbbre464

Sep 15, 2018
Today, after having downloaded and tried Holiday Island, starting with a new game, after the plane trip before the Island appeared, this error appeared to me.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'locations/loc__main.jpg'>:
File "game/script.rpy", line 672, in script
call screen main_game(location) with dissolve7
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'locations/loc__main.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 513, in main
run(restart)
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 876, in run_context
context.run()
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1859, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1847, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 179, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2724, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2662, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3148, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2065, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 235, in renpy.display.render.render
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 719, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 147, in renpy.display.render.render
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 719, in render
File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Holiday Island 0.1.3.2
Sun Nov 25 13:17:44 2018

Reactions: deviantfiend999

KissKissStudio

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
Today, after having downloaded and tried Holiday Island, starting with a new game, after the plane trip before the Island appeared, this error appeared to me.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'locations/loc__main.jpg'>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 513, in main
run(restart)
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 876, in run_context
context.run()
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1859, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1847, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 179, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2724, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2662, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3148, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2065, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "E:\Adult Game\Nuova cartella (3)\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Holiday Island 0.1.3.2
Sun Nov 25 13:17:44 2018
same shit dude

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
If I understand well, the only way to make "money" is to masturbate? It doesn't give much also...
Is there a way to make more money outside of that?

Bard

May 1, 2017
guys ... dont know if i am doing something wrong ... how to access shop? It suposed to be in mobile but i dont see that - there is:
character specific data; task/quest; show inventory; appointments; messenger; stats ... thats all.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
guys ... dont know if i am doing something wrong ... how to access shop? It suposed to be in mobile but i dont see that - there is:
character specific data; task/quest; show inventory; appointments; messenger; stats ... thats all.
You just started the game I think. The shop doesn't appear until you need it.
If you are already far into the game, no idea.

Last edited:

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
If I understand well, the only way to make "money" is to masturbate? It doesn't give much also...
Is there a way to make more money outside of that?
You'll get a fairly major one-time money drop from the game some time into it, around the time when the inviting of girls is introduced and I seem to recall, when you met Joy again. I forget if there is a second drop later on.

Other than that, cheats or "hard" work ;)

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 213 Votes