• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Well, no secret here that I have an busty preference and am not always too fond of most of the lower ranked girls
But they are in the game and are still designated as normals, not specials, and they are squeezed, by sheer numbers of competitors.

Also not helped much by the fact that all girls added are more popular (which is a good thing, but for them, it sucks of course)

Add to this that the larger events being run, have render score consumption that is generally high, something which lower ranked girls simply cannot justify outside of full moons with virgin sacrifices at Stonehenge.

Even quite popular girls can have a tough time nowadays, with 20 fighting for space (+2 with Miriam and Mercedes). And that is a bit tricky, its a lot of girls and their backers that feel the squeeze when we move into even the popular ranks being tight too.

Which have lead me to suggested adding a focus on small events

- What is small events
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Disclaimer : Reality may differ :) a lot :)

Edit note : I am a strong supporter of getting more girls in the game, parts of the old line up is ... well ... old. But iti s what it is and some adaption is needed to cover the big(ger) line up, which short of retiring the lower ranks or declaring girls done, means incremental updates where possible. Small events might help do that (and secondary hooking Delizia, Brenda, Lacey and Renee up to a Faye pool style sex event might give them some added power at a "lowish" cost)

Last edited:

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
The Third Tier girls (Brenda, Renee, Lacey, Delizia & maybe Ivy) need more achievements without the developer having to stop working on providing content for the other girls, since the top tier girls bring in the patron money. Here are some suggested projects for the future to increase the third tier girls' achievements for as few renders as possible.

1) Each girl could have one picture in all four sexting categories.
2) Each girl could get a day, evening, shower and night visit for four achievements each. A quest to buy each girl lingerie with posing could also be added.
3) Each girl could get a shower event scene (maybe even in the gym) which would give them two achievements each.
4) Distractions at the pool or beach would give each girl up to three achievements.
5) Hot Shots would give Delizia and Lacey three achievements but would require many renders and bump higher tier girls from the front of the line.
6) Renee giving an erotic massage would give her up to four achievements: titjob, handjob, footjob, and blowjob. Ivy, Aly and Yvette should also do massage and erotic massage because that would be awesome.
7) Adding jobs for the other girls would add achievements, but these girls are pretty busy already: Brenda: Rec., Maid, Doc; Delizia: Rec., Doc.; Ivy: Rec.; Lacey: Rec., Doc; Renee: Rec., Masseuse. A Maid scene could be added for each girl except Brenda, but this might require too many renders. Lacey could get the sperm conjestion scenes which would give her two more achievements. It would be cool if Eva did more jobs, but I like to think that she considers herself above menial labor and does a terrible job at reception, too.
8) Each girl needs the intimate actions at reception, but this would take 10 renders per girl and yields no new achievements.
9) Reward visits for picking a girl to win a contest might be good, but may require too many renders. However, Delizia indulging in some light bondage after winning the Best Butt contest would certainly make her more popular.
10) Easter Eggs for each girl might be fun, but I have no idea what they would be.

Last edited:
Reactions: brianiac

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
That's why I suggested just having a drink with Delizia in the night bar. Doesn't have to be as involved as Lacey's or some of the others. Fewer renders. Still, if it is more involved, I won't complain. Personally, I think she needs a new swimsuit as her bikini and sexy bikini are very close to the same suit. I'd happily buy her one so she can model it for me at the pool or beach. o_O:p

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Silly me, looks like you can buy Delizia a drink in the night bar. At least there are images indicating you can. Guess I'm just used to her not having a lot of content and don't remember having a drink with her. Still want to buy her a new bikini or lingerie.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.1.7 beta - development news (updated 30/06/2019)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.1.7 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.

There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.1.6.0 release.

The next release is 0.1.7.0 beta which will be a full update!
It includes mainly new features but some bug fixes as well.

The update from 0.1.6.2 to 0.1.7.0 has 277 new renders, videos and sound files right now!

New features and content

Jessica gets the Hotshots hot scene --> will be part of 0.1.7.0 (70% finished)

Mercedes will get a scene at the night bar --> will be part of 0.1.7.0 (90% finished)

Renée gets a short event where she knocks on your door in the evening/night, wearing only her sexy sleepwear --> will be part of 0.1.7.0

Miriam will get a scene at the beach and a new location at the beach will be introduced (the scene has 7 achievements and several quests and sub quests) --> will be part of 0.1.7.0

Desire gets an extended scene when you visit her at night --> will be part of 0.1.7.0

Jessica gets an extended pool play scene in webp format (4 achievements) --> will be part of 0.1.7.0

Desire gets an extended pool play scene in webp format (4 achievements) --> will be part of 0.1.7.0

Jessica gets the Hotshots scene in the night bar --> will be part of 0.1.7.0

Miriam and Mercedes get a sexy arrival scene --> will be part of 0.1.7.0

Miriam and Mercedes, two new special character, will be introduced --> will be part of 0.1.7.0

Aly gets a longer arrival scene and images are provided in webp format at higher resolutions --> will be part of 0.1.7.0

An intro scene at reception will be added when the MC arrives on the island. The receptionist will explain some basic stuff --> will be part of 0.1.7.0

Minor improvements and changes

You will be able to trade in "eh sperm samples" at the doctor --> will be part of 0.1.7.0

The "cyan pill" will be introduced (will help with erection problems) --> will be part of 0.1.7.0

Fixed some more spelling and grammar errors in different places --> will be part of 0.1.7.0

Faye's yoga scene got two new images and some text and image transition improvements --> will be part of 0.1.7.0

When you arrive on the island, only the minimum required girls are already there. The others will arrive later on day 1 and on day 2. This will give you between 2 and 4 arrival scenes in the beginning --> will be part of 0.1.7.0

The first visit with the doctor has been cleaned up and text has been improved --> will be part of 0.1.7.0

You will be able to save the game any time during the intro now as well --> will be part of 0.1.7.0

You will be able to hide girl's not on the island on your phone's character overview screen --> will be part of 0.1.7.0

Bug fixes

Yvette returning late (after 7pm) from her sister could result in not being able to get the appointment to continue the quest --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.0

Posing scene: Crash with "NameError: name 'l_camera_zoom' is not defined” --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.0

Right mouse button sometimes not working --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.0

Random crashes with "Out of memory". Probably either a memory leak, or too high settings for caches. Haven't been able to reproduce it --> no fix yet (you could try changing the renpy renderer to directx or software - open the game and use shift + g, change the renderer, press "quit" and restart the game)

Is the update going to break save games?:

0.1.7.0 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:

0.1.7.0 beta --> Within the first couple weeks of July.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
So tomorrow is July 1st, which means there are only four months until Halloween. I think there should be a costume contest to be held in the night bar with Jennifer being the emcee like always. The MC, lucky bastard that he is, gets to be the judge. This opens up all kinds of possibilities for action, before during and after.

I'm sure it will take a bunch of new renders, but that is why there are four months between now and October 31st. The MC can help pick out or buy the girl(s) a costume, Jennifer could design and sew one or two, modeling, sneak peeks, flashing during the contest, more pictures for Yumiko to send in 'Guess Who". I'm sure the winner will be very thankful which leads to whole new scenes. Lots of possibilities.

I raided darkhound1's DeviantArt page for some pictures as suggestions for possible costumes and we've all seen Heather's costume selection scene.. A new poll for patrons to suggest costumes and/or vote for their favorite should go over well. Lastly, Joy should be sending out a memo to all outlining the details. darkhound1 please, please, please make this happen.

Darkhound costunes.jpg Bunnies.jpg Jessica She-Ra.jpg Super Girl.jpg Trooper.jpg

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Just a quick update to my previous post about 0.1.7.0 beta which can be found here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-1-6-2-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-2086367

Version 0.1.7 beta - development news (updated 01/07/2019)

New features and content

Jessica gets the Hotshots hot scene --> will be part of 0.1.7.0 (85% finished)
Mercedes will get a scene at the night bar --> will be part of 0.1.7.0

Still no word on an official release date, but have to believe darkhound1 is close to completion of the update. I'm guessing two weeks or less until release.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Still no word on an official release date, but have to believe darkhound1 is close to completion of the update. I'm guessing two weeks or less until release.
I need to finish Jessica's Hot scene. Half of the sex scene is missing, which means about 20 renders and the achievements (2 of them, which takes about 20 minutes max - the achievements that is, not the missing sex scene).
Not sure about beta testing this time. I won't have time to test everything myself. And a lot of the new stuff is kinda complicated and linked to one another. So if some would like to beta test the beta version :D let me know. Sharing is 100% forbidden though. I don't want to have a buggy pre release version floating around the web.
In any case, I really hope to be able to make it available to everyone latest on the week end.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Please darkhound1 consider expanding Jennifer's story. She's one of the favorites
He cant do that.

He has promised to focus on the following items,

- Creation of more Darkhounds (Biological reproduction was ruled out, the 20+ year delivery time and uncertainty was too risky. So he is now looking into time machines or clones ... what ever works first. If clones we have not decided if they will be Darkhound2, or we need to actuallyname them)

- Effective allocation of time (He was only working on the ticks, not the tocks, we expect a 100% performance increase from him once that is solved)

- Reallocation of Earth to a (non fatal) near-black hole position while leaving Darkhound where he is, In theory this should give him years for each of our days, if Interstellar is to be trusted. (We did consider reallocating Darkhound and leaving Earth where it is, but frankly risking the 1 Darkhound we had seemed too risky).

We'll need to save some compatible computers and train memory as there will be around 180-200 girls in the game when we return. And discussion will be awkward if we cant remember their names ...

Also there will be a stormtrooper party and we will be required to tell who is who (see bantrys post for picture).

Last edited:

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Small events might help do that (and secondary hooking Delizia, Brenda, Lacey and Renee up to a Faye pool style sex event might give them some added power at a "lowish" cost)
Just some practical examples of hooking the lower ranks up to something cheap/good.

- Delizia (Doctor), Brenda (Doctor)

- Lacey (Cosplay), Renee (Night bar)

Last edited:
Reactions: brianiac

jikorde

Mar 4, 2018
Just some practical examples of hooking the lower ranks up to something cheap/good.
So the problem I can see coming up is if darkhound was going to add to any of the older scenes is that there's a good chance that any animation or render would be redone to get it up to image quality standards. So really not a lot of time would actually be saved, as the scene would still need to go through re-rendering per image.

I do get what you are going for, but that kind of thing is already happening to an extent with the more popular girls, where older scenes are getting extra endings or more general content. So it still becomes a question of do the more popular girls get extra bits or do the least popular ones get them.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
So it still becomes a question of do the more popular girls get extra bits or do the least popular ones get them.
It will always be a balancing act, but I do wonder if the popularity of the 'Lower Tier' girls would increase with some new content? I'll use Brenda as an example. She was never a favorite of mine and usually not on my active island roster. However, after her Hotshots event was added I now keep her on the island. But, that is just me, other players/patrons may still prefer the new/re-done content be confined to the 'Upper Tier' girls.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
So the problem I can see coming up is if darkhound was going to add to any of the older scenes is that there's a good chance that any animation or render would be redone to get it up to image quality standards. So really not a lot of time would actually be saved, as the scene would still need to go through re-rendering per image.

I do get what you are going for, but that kind of thing is already happening to an extent with the more popular girls, where older scenes are getting extra endings or more general content. So it still becomes a question of do the more popular girls get extra bits or do the least popular ones get them.
There'll always be a trade off in time, unavoidable, short of pensioning the lower ranks off (or as I have advocated often for that matter : Turn them into special girls, add new more popular ones as normals).

But that aside, one thing that can be said for certain is : being a normal girl, being unpopular, having no primary sex events when most competitors have it, major problem.

The sex part is self explanatory, so taking the normal and popular parts,
- Being normal means they have a huge render consumption (compared to specials)
- Being unpopular means getting less time

That runs counter to each other.

I am for the same reason of the firm opinion that turning them into specials would be best, for all, them included. Their future renders would go to do story, sex and special renders.

But since that won't happen, I pitch ideas on how to try and make them work better as 'normal' girls.

I choose to look at them from the angle of (1) minimal cost (2) max impact = (3) cheapest possible sex event and as (4) an addition to existing (not a redo or modernize).

If no solution is possible, next 1½ year will look like last 1½ year for them (in which case, why have them as normals? Ok .. I'll stop beating that horse now:))

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Valid points. I guess it depends on how often you want to replay some scenes. At least for me, after a few times, I find replaying scenes boring. 95% pf the time I refuse all morning messages to 'meet at the pool', 'have dinner', whatever contest is happening, etc. The list of achievements on my phone is full, so I will always be more interested in the new content in a release. Which, is why I plan on re-starting the game with the release of 0.1.7.0, as there will be new content in the beginning upon arriving to the island. But again, there is no right or wrong answer.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Excuse me Mr. darkhound1 , instead of paying a monthly fee and waiting for new characters, and plot lines, or Jennifer votes not going my way... Can I just pay you a years patreon membership up front to get a Jennifer sex scene already?
Well, that wouldn't really be fair to all the other patrons. Since I can spend my time only once, everything is a trade off.

4.00 star(s) 210 Votes