yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
Ooooo look at Ducky whipping out the tidbits of info, touch you lol. Also how dare you say Alice is normal she's special to me :love:

BDMick

Nov 26, 2017
I guess, the fact that people still ask the same questions over and over again is sort of a process of natural selection. Those who have either discovered and successfully used the search function or read and understood the guide will not brag about that here. So you won't see posts like "yes, used the search button, found the answer to my question, thanks!" (even though I would not bet on it).
You will exclusively see posts by those who were less successful or were too lazy to read a few posts/pages back.
I can actually understand that people overlook the search function. As soon as you scroll down on a page by only one tick of your mouse wheel, the search function immediately is out of view. You do have to scroll to the very top of a page to see it. So as soon as you start reading the posts, it is no longer visible.
Same with the guide. It is only one link out of many on the front page. If you do not know of the guide's existence, it is easy to overlook that one, too.
However, not reading a few pages/posts back certainly remains inexcusable.

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
Too be fair the guide also say Guide(walkthrough), but it has a lot more then just a walkthrough. But that's not something most people would assume a walkthrough would have. Seeing as they seemingly unaware that a search function exist on a site, let alone a forum. I think it could be easily dismissed as only a walkthrough. It's also very wordy, and it's hard to concentrate on reading while those renders are about.

But it's true, as a lot of people are probably doing what I did when I joined the site, before starting to comment. Which is silently using the search function to find answers to all my problems. also was a lot quicker and reliable then most answers I've seen on repeating questions.

Reactions: Bantry

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
It is somewhat of a 'Catch-22' situation. By its very nature the Guide is going to be wordy as it tries to cover everything. Regardless, of what it is called, I still find it inexcusable that people cannot read a few prior posts to see if the answer to their question exists prior to asking again for the eleventy-billionth time.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Since the topic was raised, what does everyone think should be listed on the OP with regards to the Guide?

Just call it 'The Guide'?
Call it 'The Guide/Walkthrough'?
Something else?

I don't know how to create a poll within this thread, but it would probably just get lost anyway. So you can reply here or a better way would be to send me a message by clicking on my profile and starting a conversation. Please include your choice and any ideas you have to improve the Guide. I can't promise they will be implemented, but they will be taken into consideration.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Since the topic was raised, what does everyone think should be listed on the OP with regards to the Guide?

Something else?

I don't know how to create a poll within this thread, but it would probably just get lost anyway. So you can reply here or a better way would be to send me a message by clicking on my profile and starting a conversation. Please include your choice and any ideas you have to improve the Guide. I can't promise they will be implemented, but they will be taken into consideration.
I think guide is the best. For many games walkthrough suggests there is a single best way to do it. That is a wrong impression for HI.

BDMick

Nov 26, 2017
I'd actually recommend on the front page to place the link to the guide on a separate row to highlight it more?
Currently, it is just one link out of many.
Maybe something like:

Have a question? Don't know what to do? Still stuck on the Virgin Islands? Read the Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough!

Reactions: SiJa

Alpine Eagle

Russian Spy
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 13, 2019
I'd actually recommend on the front page to place the link to the guide on a separate row to highlight it more?
Currently, it is just one link out of many.
Maybe something like:

Have a question? Don't know what to do? Still stuck on the Virgin Islands? Read the Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough!
There is a certain template for which need to make a post. In other ways, it is impossible, only in some special cases. Even if hang it over head, people won't stop asking about it.
Although the link can be highlighted in a different color.

BDMick

Nov 26, 2017
There is a certain template for which need to make a post. In other ways, it is impossible, only in some special cases. Even if hang it over head, people won't stop asking about it.
I did not know those limitations. They are understandable. Thanks for clarifying. However, there seems to be a certain degree of freedom left:
"These rules aren't ironclad and we understand that each game may have its own necessities; as such, feel free to add and/or change any fields you feel are necessary, but only if necessary."

Alpine Eagle

Russian Spy
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 13, 2019
I did not know those limitations. They are understandable. Thanks for clarifying. However, there seems to be a certain degree of freedom left:
"These rules aren't ironclad and we understand that each game may have its own necessities; as such, feel free to add and/or change any fields you feel are necessary, but only if necessary."
This is what I meant, you can deviate from the template if the situation requires it. But not dramatically.
As I added above, can change the color of the link to make it stand out.

Reactions: Bantry

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020

Something else?

Just the way it's listed Guide(Walkthrough)

80b-omb08

Jun 30, 2020
Thank you all for your replies. I am a little bummed that that trying to add my own girls to the roster is not feasible but I am truly grateful for your answers. I am a big fan of extreme breast expansion and I would love to see more of it in the game. I know people already complain about the size of the girls' breast being too big in Holiday Island as it is so I figured the best way to see what I wanted from the game was to add it myself. I meant no disrespect. As things are Holiday Island is an absolutely amazing game. I can not compliment the people who made this game enough on their amazing work.

Alpine Eagle

Russian Spy
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 13, 2019
CG images from [v0.2.1.1 Beta] +Animations (ogv, webm)*

Original size 1.37 Gb

Compressed 627 Mb (Reduced image and video quality).

Images are sorted by folders, by girls' names. Animations are also in a separate folder.
Removed trash (background, icons, etc).
*Easy to play with MPC and VLC players.

Reactions: UraN82 and KRaj
4.00 star(s) 211 Votes