PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
Honestly, the latest reviews are pissing me off!
Can the morons who whine about no sex and too little content at least try to play the game for more than 5 minutes?
Please don't listen to the stupid trolls.
Your game has some of the best graphics around, TONS of content and a great variety of things to do even for sandbox games.
Holiday Island has been in my top games list for years now, and every new update never fails to remember me why.

Just let the morons be and keep up!

Last edited:
Reactions: junior366

Cedo0099

Jun 29, 2019
Speaking about review, you got all types... good well redacted and some light or even laughable. The most funny i read are those who do a good review and fail about the rating itself because they are fans... I read the review they make and i will rate the game 3 or 4 stars and they rate it 5 and i'm: WTF!!!

Reactions: PeraDrnda

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Warning:
There is no sex in this game!

HI_sex_200.gif

Troll.jpg

Also, there is no anal, bestiality, incest or any other over-the-top kinks. None will be added. You do NOT have to play the game. Just move on.

Hand.jpg

For all of you getting crashes immediately, be they resolution or mod errors; Download and READ the Companion Guide. All your problems are covered along with proper installation of the game and the mod.

HI_guide.gif

Randeza

May 16, 2018
i can understand some of the reviews, when i played the game i had to constantly switch out companions and the one's i pickt at the beginning with had no content.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Are there any names that have Easter Eggs? Started over and tried a few like Daddy and Son and gave the game a new meaning.
I am sure there are lots of Words/Names you can use for your name in the game that makes the dialogue more funny.
Enjoy trying out, and let us know the best ones :)

ILI42

Mar 14, 2020

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
i can understand some of the reviews, when i played the game i had to constantly switch out companions and the one's i pickt at the beginning with had no content.
Valid point, however, as the game has evolved and developed, the early scenes have been completely re-done so that a player now knows which of three tiers the girls fall into. You want lots of content and achievements? Pick Tier 1 girls.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I don't get it .
Why you need infirmary when you already have doctor office ?
Not sure what you mean. Have you found another location to visit on the island? Infirmary and Doctor's Office are synonymous or interchangeable.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Valid point, however, as the game has evolved and developed, the early scenes have been completely re-done so that a player now knows which of three tiers the girls fall into. You want lots of content and achievements? Pick Tier 1 girls.
Also to say a girl has no content is misleading.
The lowest Guest (not staff/special character) is Lacey who has 22 events/scenes/achievments.
All the rest somewhere in the middle with Amy being the most at 87 (due to being Tier 1 and popular)

670002_screenshot0005.png

Randeza

May 16, 2018
Also to say a girl has no content is misleading.
The lowest Guest (not staff/special character) is Lacey who has 22 events/scenes/achievments.
All the rest somewhere in the middle with Amy being the most at 87 (due to being Tier 1 and popular)

I stopped playing a few updates ago, it was to grindy for my taste. You switched out companies alot and the preference picking system when i used it often included tier 2 and tier 3 girls or picked them over tier 1 girls.

Dec 7, 2019
Can the morons who whine about no sex and too little content at least try to play the game for more than 5 minutes?
I support you on Patreon and I love this game to death but some of these people have a point. The strength of this game lies in the quality of its renders and that there is tons of great tits, which means that if you're into tits and like to look at 3D models, this is a dream come true, hence why I support you on Patreon and love this game to death. But the fact of the matter is that gameplay isn't up to par, the sex scenes are there but mediocre (and, yes, it is all very vanilla) and the dialogues aren't exactly rivetting either. You can say that that is the way it is and that's that OR you could try and start supplementing your strengths with other people's talents. Find a decent writer, find a decent animator, find someone to rework gameplay mechanics and thereby play to your strength, which is rendering, while other people play to theirs and thereby elevate this game to another level. You don't have to do it, obviously, it's your project, but to dismiss criticism of the game as inadequate per se won't do anyone any good.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
You might want to reconsider and give the game another try. I would also suggest downloading the Companion Guide as it has a ton of information on the game, girls, achievements, etc. There's even information on how to reduce the grind.

Reactions: junior366 and SiJa

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I support you on Patreon and I love this game to death but some of these people have a point. The strength of this game lies in the quality of its renders and that there is tons of great tits, which means that if you're into tits and like to look at 3D models, this is a dream come true, hence why I support you on Patreon and love this game to death. But the fact of the matter is that gameplay isn't up to par, the sex scenes are there but mediocre (and, yes, it is all very vanilla) and the dialogues aren't exactly rivetting either. You can say that that is the way it is and that's that OR you could try and start supplementing your strengths with other people's talents. Find a decent writer, find a decent animator, find someone to rework gameplay mechanics and thereby play to your strength, which is rendering, while other people play to theirs and thereby elevate this game to another level. You don't have to do it, obviously, it's your project, but to dismiss criticism of the game as inadequate per se won't do anyone any good.
I don't think the developer is dismissing criticism of the game, just the obvious 'cookie-cutter' reviews. There is no sex, there is no anal, there is no content, you have to grind and on and on. No where, including your post is there an example of what game, and its corresponding traits, are listed as examples of what would make the game better. The biggest mistake I see is that reviewers seem to think there is more than one person working on Holiday Island.

Holiday Island, all 8,500+ renders and all 130,000+ lines of code are done by ONE person! In his spare time at that. Holiday Island is not a vehicle for him to make money or provide employment for others. For the short time of just over 2 years it has grown and the technical aspects (quality of renders, GUI, etc.) have constantly improved. The developer is open and responsive to ideas of new contents and improvements, but he is not going to parcel out components to others as that would take away from his vision of Holiday Island.

Regardless of what others would like to see in Holiday Island, it is just their opinion(s) skewed by their own likes, dislikes, fetishes, etc. They do not offer examples of other games or specific changes (saying the writing could improve is incomplete, try submitting a scene that you have rewritten to show a clear example) or better yet, create their own game to match their vision. So bottom-line, in my opinion, is one either likes Holiday Island as it is or they don't. No one is forcing anyone to play the game.

Last edited:

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Clearing up a few misunderstanding here,

Whether actual people like what content there is, is not a topic.
That the game has 'no content' in troll reviews is the issue.

The excuse the troll posters use is objectively invalid (the game content is likely the biggest in existence).
Yet though invalid cannot be removed or commented except by a moderator.
(F95 loophole, Reviews are the only non-commentable content there is).

Anyways, is a non-topic, it will not change, neither will the internet.
So we should not spend more time on it.

---

Darkhound is a programmer, his strength is programming.
He is a programmer who is also exceptionally skilled as a 3D artist.
It is a common misunderstanding that he is a 3D artist first ;)

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
You might want to reconsider and give the game another try. I would also suggest downloading the Companion Guide as it has a ton of information on the game, girls, achievements, etc. There's even information on how to reduce the grind.
When a game needs that, it is a showcase of bad gamedesign. There should be no NEED for such an app. Especially to reduce grind. Its up to the dev to just reduce the grind.

Especially in this game with little to no "real" content (most ppl are here for the sex and not for nice 3D rendered tits, these you can get alot easier) and a lot of boring grind.

The concept and idea behind this is nice and everytime I see an update I think "oh yeah, have to look into it again" - then I remember the grindy "progression" and all that and wait. Every now and then I have a look, but there is not much that gets me running.

Reactions: PeraDrnda
4.10 star(s) 213 Votes