Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
No I don't mess with unofficial addons. You're correct I haven't been able to get a fully working update as yet. >Sigh< not the end of the world. Eventually, I'll try and be patient.
Oooh, just thought of something. Not trying to insinuate you're an idiot by this (we can all have a brain freeze and click the wrong button - or is it just me?) but you did click on "yes" when asked if you should overwrite those files when dragging them from the archive into your "holiday island/game" folder, didn't you...? I'm just trying to find what you could've done wrong because mine went in to update the program without any hitches whatsoever...

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Oooh, just thought of something. Not trying to insinuate you're an idiot by this (we can all have a brain freeze and click the wrong button - or is it just me?) but you did click on "yes" when asked if you should overwrite those files when dragging them from the archive into your "holiday island/game" folder, didn't you...? I'm just trying to find what you could've done wrong because mine went in to update the program without any hitches whatsoever...
Yes, did all that. I'll look around and see if I saved the original 0.0.8 download and the subsequent bugfixes and addon and reinstall everything and try again. I'll get it eventually, but worst case I can always wait for 0.0.9.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
@darkhound1, just received this error after complimenting Alice during our drinking at the table session. I thought the latest addon was supposed to fix that.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Look at the end of your error log. It says: "Holiday Island 0.0.8alpha_bf2".
Somehow you still have the old code base.

Argh shit - it might be kinda my fault as well. I accidentially put an old code base into the cache folder that is part of the content addon 1. So you absolutely have to delete the cache folder AFTER you copied the content addon 1 into your game folder. If you delete the cache folder before you copy the files, it won't work.
I'm really sorry for that ...
:(

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Look at the end of your error log. It says: "Holiday Island 0.0.8alpha_bf2".
Somehow you still have the old code base.

Argh shit - it might be kinda my fault as well. I accidentially put an old code base into the cache folder that is part of the content addon 1. So you absolutely have to delete the cache folder AFTER you copied the content addon 1 into your game folder. If you delete the cache folder before you copy the files, it won't work.
I'm really sorry for that ...
:(
No worries. I'll find an original 0.0.8 download and then start from there and reinstall everything.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
You only need 0.0.8 full base + content addon 1, it includes all the big fixes as well.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Success! Maybe it was the long way around to doing things, but completely deleted the game and then reinstalled 0.0.8, bugfix1, bugfix2 and then content_addon1. loaded my 'saves' to the 'Game' folder and everything ran fine. Just goes to prove that having copies of everything is always a good idea.

4.00 star(s) 215 Votes