Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Hi....I just downloaded v 3.0 and I am missing my safe files...is is mayor problem or just mine?
Do you still have your previous version of the game ? If so, try coping the saves from <Holiday Island folder previous version>/game/saves to <Holiday Island new version>/game/saves

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
...was your assistance really required? a minor issue like that needed such fast attention, and was only really one person commenting on it?
That one person was the user I was assisting, so yes, in that user's view attention was exactly what they seeked in their post regarding the issue. It is no different than you replying to any other one-user's post. Was it required? No, as no one else's replies on this thread (or any other thread on the entire Net) are "required" either. Please, take no offense, as I said we're all on the same team here.

My worry is, that sometimes there is more than one way to fix something. what happens when the fix Darkhound decides to implement is not in the script file and then two fixes exist in the code?
I assure you that won't be a issue. I am by no means a shade-tree mechanic. The repair I provided will never jeopardize anything ever. It's all good dear sir.

Please be well as I extend my sincere regards. I will not continue banter to defend my stance on helping the original user. That user can decide for themselves the benefit. That user now has three options: 1) do nothing about the issue they posted about, 2) utilize my assist with resolution to the issue now, or 3) utilize your assist and wait for official. The topic is done as far as I'm concerned unless that user requests further assistance. I will be more than happy to modify the code so the behavior is how they wish for their own use (barring time allotment), no one else has to implement it if they do not wish.

Ace501

May 27, 2019
Need help with Alice how to get this: Alice poses for you at the beach and teases you until you get hard.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Need help with Alice how to get this: Alice poses for you at the beach and teases you until you get hard.
Have a look in the Companion guide which is linked on the first main post... or in my signature.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Sorry bro but it doesn't trigger (
Only previous scene opened
You need to have had some Rumpy Pumpy (also known as sex) or a titfuck from Alice in the previous 20 days, then you can trigger the next part of that event.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Edit: my advice, unless you need to, don't use the skip 30min button and ask girls to do something. Personally I always ask to flash boobs because boobs :)
that is a pretty smart advice, if I can say so (I´m playing since ver 14.0) and with this strategy you can keep the love and afection points higher what results in more H scenes and overall more entertaining and rewarding game expirience if u ask me,

Reactions: Monsieur X

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Sorry bro but it doesn't trigger (
Only previous scene opened
You need to have had some Rumpy Pumpy (also known as sex) or a titfuck from Alice in the previous 20 days, then you can trigger the next part of that event.
If in doubt just let Alice win the T Shirt contest or the Butt contest with high enogh stats, and after u go to the beach
Edit: of course take your time to recive the Thank U from sweet Alice ! don´t u dare to plant her !

Reactions: Monsieur X
Mar 29, 2017
Maybe the issue with conflicting persistent files.
Copy the Persistent file in your save folder... (Holiday Island/game/saves)
Paste that Persistent in your AppData file (C: user/***/AppData/roaming/RenPy/Island-1499865023)*** your user id

Try to run the game again.
Thanks for the suggestion but it didnt help. I did however notice another .txt file next to the log. This one called traceback.txt. Its dated about the last time I had the game working. It says -

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Sayer 'i_char1.talk' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1155, in script call
File "game/loc_massage.rpyc", line 102, in script
U��ñoM�R���#�?�����ĕ?<a��t��,*tx�R�~������?��
File "renpy/ast.py", line 680, in execute
who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
File "renpy/ast.py", line 574, in eval_who
raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who)

Any ideas?

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Thanks for the suggestion but it didnt help. I did however notice another .txt file next to the log. This one called traceback.txt. Its dated about the last time I had the game working. It says -

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1155, in script call
File "game/loc_massage.rpyc", line 102, in script
U��ñoM�R���#�?�����ĕ?<a��t��,*tx�R�~������?��
File "renpy/ast.py", line 680, in execute
who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
File "renpy/ast.py", line 574, in eval_who
raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who)

Any ideas?
That is a bug that will be fixed in the next Bugfix.
Play the game to that point the error comes up and press the IGNORE option and continue... it will move you past that error.
Although only this time... don't just keep pressing ignore if you have any more errors at a later point.

However, you said the game was not starting at all?
Another thing to check is that your antivirus is not false flagging the game?
Maybe check that and allow if it's flagging it up?
:)

Last edited:

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
This game is unrealistic!
Women are not this busty in real life. Also, they do not agree to have sex with me.
Also, I find it impossible to masturbate six times per day.
When is darkhound1 going to change the world to fit our fantasies.
Until the world is less realistic, I will be remaining at home and not interacting.
My review for real life: thumbs down!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Currently, a girl's personal favor stat is only used for cloths change requests (swimwear, dresses, etc) and Desire's BJ cost, correct? Regards.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

On an island, Somewhere in the Pacific ...

Meeting with Joy

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

Reactions: junior366

EscapeEvade

Nov 23, 2017
Love the update so far.

Cannot for the life of me get Yvette to come to the door at night for a second time in the lingerie I got her. Got it once, but haven't been able to trigger it a second time as the companion guide says is needed to get the last two sexts.

Gave up for a bit just now and finally triggered the ankle event.

Reactions: junior366

Dhoulcmagus

Jun 16, 2020
So... This might be a dumb question. At the beginning of the game, I could see some activities with the girls, depending on the place we where at. I don't know when it happened, but at some point that changed, and now it seems I can only see "intimate" activities with them, regardless of the place: e.g. can't find any way to help Amy with the workouts at the gym, they don't appear. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a bug?

4.10 star(s) 214 Votes