90210-01209

Oct 10, 2018
I take your on a laptop? Can you go into the BIOS and see if you can tweek the shared memory for the GPU. If all else adding more RAM adds to shared memory to the GPU.
I have a pc, I ran the program as an administrator, dumbed down the program by turning off the new UI, manual resolution and can get to the 5th button, then it freezes as if asking "what next?". If there is no red cum button, then how does this end? The memory is using 438 mb and is holding steady. I just want the check mark for this scene and to move on. I assume there is a code I can add to the cheat screen.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I have a pc, I ran the program as an administrator, dumbed down the program by turning off the new UI, manual resolution and can get to the 5th button, then it freezes as if asking "what next?". If there is no red cum button, then how does this end? The memory is using 438 mb and is holding steady. I just want the check mark for this scene and to move on. I assume there is a code I can add to the cheat screen.
That 438 MB is the task memory I think, not the GPU memory? If you are on Windows 10 open the task manager, go to the performance tab and on the left bottom choose GPU. See what is in there and if the memory changes when you progress in the game.

Edit: to give you an indication, on my laptop starting the game, loading my last save and then go to the phone and select scenes for Yvette raises the shared GPU memory from almost nothing to 0,5 GB. That is with new UI and 1280x720. I didn't try 1600x900 as my GPU only has 2GB shared and I have had problems with that in the past.

Last edited:

90210-01209

Oct 10, 2018
That 438 MB is the task memory I think, not the GPU memory? If you are on Windows 10 open the task manager, go to the performance tab and on the left bottom choose GPU. See what is in there and if the memory changes when you progress in the game.

Edit: to give you an indication, on my laptop starting the game, loading my last save and then go to the phone and select scenes for Yvette raises the shared GPU memory from almost nothing to 0,5 GB. That is with new UI and 1280x720. I didn't try 1600x900 as my GPU only has 2GB shared and I have had problems with that in the past.
It maxed out at 2 GB and then went to 0.3+/- GB as the game froze.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
It maxed out at 2 GB and then went to 0.3+/- GB as the game froze.
Is that 2 GB of GPU shared memory the max you have according to the task manager? If so you likely crashed something due to lack of memory. There a two ways to go, try to reduce memory usage by lowering the game resolution, and trying to get more GPU shared memory like yankeeInKy suggested. But I don't know that will even be possible. In a lot of systems the GPU memory is on the GPU subsystem for performance reasons and is of fixed size. So my bet would be on the first option. That is also purely software and doesn't need tinkering with hardware that could cause problems elsewhere.

90210-01209

Oct 10, 2018
Is that 2 GB of GPU shared memory the max you have according to the task manager? If so you likely crashed something due to lack of memory. There a two ways to go, try to reduce memory usage by lowering the game resolution, and trying to get more GPU shared memory like yankeeInKy suggested. But I don't know that will even be possible. In a lot of systems the GPU memory is on the GPU subsystem for performance reasons and is of fixed size. So my bet would be on the first option. That is also purely software and doesn't need tinkering with hardware that could cause problems elsewhere.
The scene runs fine now, except there is nothing to advance the scene, there needs to be an exit: a red cum button. Apparently I went through the scene sometime last year and got the credit on the phone. To me, a red button = smooth sailing.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
The option is selected, even in appdata the game folder does not appear

I put the log file, in case it can be useful
There is no 'Game' folder in the AppData folder under the User folder. The Game folder is within whatever folder you have the actual game in. Probably a folder named something like - HolidayIsland-0.3.5.0-pc
However, if it is the Persistent file(s), just do a search of your hard drive and both should be found.

Reactions: Nknows

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
ehm i wonder if its an official compressed version?
Holiday Island, as released by the developer, is already heavily compressed. Any other compressed version (the ones that appear in this thread and clearly state they are compressed and lose some of the graphic quality) are not now, nor never have been endorsed by the developer or could be considered official anything.

Reactions: JimmyJazz69

RyuseiZED

Jul 30, 2018
Holiday Island, as released by the developer, is already heavily compressed. Any other compressed version (the ones that appear in this thread and clearly state they are compressed and lose some of the graphic quality) are not now, nor never have been endorsed by the developer or could be considered official anything.
oh thanks for answer me , it just sometimes it get a bit lagg since i have a notebook on wich one i play it.... i havent had any issue of this type on other game so idk what i could do to make it more smooth

RyuseiZED

Jul 30, 2018
may i ask if someone could explain me how to change the resolution to 720? i read it on the pdf but i havent understand it full since the link send me to an unrelated post

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
may i ask if someone could explain me how to change the resolution to 720? i read it on the pdf but i havent understand it full since the link send me to an unrelated post
Same place as in any other game, you go into the preferences / options / system settings. In Ren'Py the default name is preferences and is found in the left side menu when starting the game or by going into the settings from inside the game.

4.00 star(s) 215 Votes