SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
The replay has to be removed from Jennifer, but it shouldn't be a problem since Amy has the same event and you can start it from her achievement page.
The problem is related to the way the scenes and events are designed.
Every scene/event/appointment is a "function" that can be called.
The function has one mandatory import/input parameter which is an instance of the character class.
The achievement only has the function name linked and takes the character variable from the girl who has the achievement.
So events with 2 characters also have only 1 variable. In the above case, the variable is for Amy and Jennifer is kind of hard coded in the event. So if you call the event with (jennifer) instead of (amy), the pictures can't be found and jennifer is talking to herself too instead of with amy :)
I could add an optional overwrite parameter for the girl to the achievement class to solve the problem. But since you can still start it from the other girl, I don't think it's a big problem if I just remove the replay from Jennifer.
I agree, remove from Jennifer, just let it replay from Amy, don't waste your valuable time on it.
Your time is better spent on getting the soon to be new sauna nice and hot for the girls ;) :ROFLMAO:

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.2.1 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.0.0 release.
The next release is 0.2.0.1 beta which will be an incremental update.
It will include a some new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.0.0 to 0.2.1.0 has:

30 additional renders, videos or sound files
8 updated renders
New features and content
  • Eva will get the hotshots game scene in the nightbar --> still working on it
  • Yvette gets a scene in the sauna --> still working on it
  • The sauna will be available as a regular location you can go to --> still working on it
Bug fixes
  • On some systems there are code conversion error with Renée during the update phase --> will be fixed with 0.2.0.1
  • If you missed an appointment from Joy's "Desires and Wishes" mailbox quest line, she will not send a new one and you can't get another one at reception --> will be fixed with 0.2.0.1
  • The weight lifting/bench presses workout did not inrcease the workout per week counter for some girls --> will be fixed with 0.2.0.1
  • If you missed the appointment to stay the night with Amy, she did not send a new one --> will be fixed with 0.2.0.1
  • Amy max love/affection quest line. There was a bug that could lead to a wrong quest sequence. You could do the arm wrestling before the massage, screwing up the quest line --> will be fixed with 0.2.0.1

Is the update going to break save games?:
0.2.0.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
Estimated release dates:

0.2.0.1 beta --> no idea yet

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I have a strange situation where Alice is both receptionist and doctor. I caused that by wanting to change the doctor and it gave me Alice as the only option. Problem seems to be there was no other doctor available. Desire is on the island but she is already running the maid service. See attached screens and save.

Reactions: brianiac

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I would not put too much thought about it if it doesn't affect your game play.
It's a fail safe in case there is a shortage of Doc on the Island.
A girl can be both on early reception and doc duty given she can perform the jobs.
Ubiquity power.

Reactions: ZWCook and brianiac

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
It's a fail safe in case there is a shortage of Doc on the Island.
A girl can be both on early reception and doc duty given she can perform the jobs.
Well, there were three. Faye that I wanted off the job, Alice running reception and Desire running maid service. Ok, if it is an intended situation I will just play on.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Well, there were three. Faye that I wanted off the job, Alice running reception and Desire running maid service. Ok, if it is an intended situation I will just play on.
Faye was out, only Alice or Desire can be doc but Desire is on maid service which exclude her from the doc list (because cleaning takes the day), so Alice is the only doc available which is also compatible with early reception duty.
In your example, Alice is in 2 places at the same time, that I can't explain or never bothered to notice :)

Last edited:
Reactions: zapallbugs

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I only foresee a problem if they both show up as contestants together in the Best Butt and/or Wet T-Shirt contests. Then again, that would be a nice problem to have.

Reactions: SiJa

bonerland

Dec 28, 2017
Is there a guide for the game that is written by someone whose main concern is actually helping the player and not being as aggressively unfunny as possible?

EscapeEvade

Nov 23, 2017
I need assistance woth new block, I can proceed to start a new game or load from the previous version. 1.9.1 without any problems, I can change locations playing the new game 0.2.0 and play like normal, but the problem occurs ehen I click on the reception location, the break or traceback happens. This happens like just as I start a new game and after all my choices the receptionist lay whoever it is finishes the island , and ready to start changing locations to play the game the traceback happens just after the the ecplainiation of the island, virtually at the start of the game, before choosing my choices to go anywhere.

I need assistance so the either these tracebacks don't interfere with the game so I can play the game. I ghave deleted and re installed the game twice, and it still happens. just a little bug error the needs addressing from my part or a fix so I can continue.

plz assist and help fix the bug.
Having the same problem. She is the only character I'm getting sexts from.

Erastmus

Jan 10, 2018
Anything special I need to do for Yvette, romantic walk at beach while sunset? After talking barmaids, called her before noon or early afternoon by going her room. Wanted to meet at beach at 19.00 and walked with her but nothing happened. What am I missing?

geminiw45

Dec 22, 2018
I don't know. I like to think of my FAQ as unfunny, maybe not aggressively so, but I definitely try to be unfunny.
This game -which is in progress- can be tough at times (or infuriating if you're looking for something really specific to happen) but I think this is a great FAQ with tons of info (I would add the maid potential schedule) for a long game that deserves it, and I'm really appreciative of the work of you guys.

Last edited:

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Anything special I need to do for Yvette, romantic walk at beach while sunset? After talking barmaids, called her before noon or early afternoon by going her room. Wanted to meet at beach at 19.00 and walked with her but nothing happened. What am I missing?
That is the completion of that event in the current version.
You walk with Yvette on the beach and walk her back to her room.
Either option to leave her or ask her for drink gives you the same outcome for now.
Maybe in a future version this will be added to.
We will have to wait and see.

Wesstos

Jan 9, 2018
Ok how to build up a endurace becuase strength somehow i alyways rise but endurance never what i do wrong ?
And also question about look is it possible to rise that or only temporaly like drink a vodka or buy perfume ?

Reactions: Puppet Master

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Are you saying that you were able to schedule a walk on the beach at 19:00hrs? If not, you do have to visit Yvette's room when she is there, either afternoon or earlier evening, to ask her to walk on the beach. Once you have your date to walk scheduled, visit her room at the scheduled time to pick her up.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Ok how to build up a endurace becuase strength somehow i alyways rise but endurance never what i do wrong ?
And also question about look is it possible to rise that or only temporaly like drink a vodka or buy perfume ?
Jennifer will tell you the optimal training schedule to lift weights to increase strength. Treadmill, jogging on the beach, swimming laps, will increase endurance. Try hair gel to increase looks. Be sure to shower regularly.

Reactions: SiJa
4.10 star(s) 214 Votes