JumPin

May 14, 2020
Does anyone know how to resolve this error?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/options.rpy", line 13, in script
define config.developer_show_all_exceptions = False
File "renpy/common/000namespaces.rpy", line 9, in set
setattr(self.nso, name, value)
Exception: config.developer_show_all_exceptions is not a known configuration variable.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/options.rpy", line 13, in script
define config.developer_show_all_exceptions = False
File "C:\Users\Bruno\Documents\Tradução e APK Ren'py\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 2117, in execute
ns.set(self.varname, value)
File "renpy/common/000namespaces.rpy", line 9, in set
setattr(self.nso, name, value)
File "C:\Users\Bruno\Documents\Tradução e APK Ren'py\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\renpy\defaultstore.py", line 99, in __setattr__
raise Exception('config.%s is not a known configuration variable.' % (name))
Exception: config.developer_show_all_exceptions is not a known configuration variable.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Thu Oct 15 13:29:04 2020

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Was Faye an original in the game or added later?
Original.

Girls added after launch,
  • Natasha (2018) Patreon Choice
  • Yumiko (2018) Darkhound Choice
  • Miriam and Mercedes (2019) Darkhound Choice
  • Daniella and X (202x) Darkhound Choice
Guests added after launch,
  • Annabelle (2019) Darkhound Idea
As far as I know one of the v3.0 girl's name is not public yet, so X will have to do for now.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
I take it that these are girls to be added in the future, as indicated by the "(202x)", right?
So why is it on this list?
Because I felt like it and because their reveal on Patreon happened in the summer 2020.
That implementation is pending does not change that it is official for 2-3 months what they look like and who they are.

Reactions: darkhound1 and SiJa

Killer Orion

Jun 30, 2020
Someone please can help me ? I tryed a lot of time to play from the start and each time after a bit of time the game crash.. and when i try to open the preference, load or something like that i need to wait like 1 entire minute until it open.. i have played already this game in the past when it was version 1.9.0 and i never occured in this crash..

EDIT:
Problem solved thanks to Bantry. Thanks again man, you saved my day! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: brianiac

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Someone please can help me ? I tryed a lot of time to play from the start and each time after a bit of time the game crash.. and when i try to open the preference, load or something like that i need to wait like 1 entire minute until it open.. i have played already this game in the past when it was version 1.9.0 and i never occured in this crash..
Out of memory.
What is your graphic card ?
The latest versions require a relatively decent card (memory wise)

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Not sure exactly what the problem is, however I see 'Display' a number of times in your traceback. Have you tried the resolution fix posted numerous times in this thread and also on page 10 of the Companion Guide?

Reactions: Killer Orion

Killer Orion

Jun 30, 2020
Out of memory.
What is your graphic card ?
The latest versions require a relatively decent card (memory wise)
I use a notebook with this GPU: Nvidia GeForce 525M.
Maybe it can be this, but i played really a lot of game and in no one i have occured this type of crash..

Killer Orion

Jun 30, 2020
Not sure exactly what the problem is, however I see 'Display' a number of times in your traceback. Have you tried the resolution fix posted numerous times in this thread and also on page 10 of the Companion Guide?
Sincerely no.. i'll try to look into the Companion Guide and try to play again after the fix. Thanks a lot for your help.

EDIT:
Tryied it and i think it worked pretty well. Thanks again a lot man. ;)(y)

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Sincerely no.. i'll try to look into the Companion Guide and try to play again after the fix. Thanks a lot for your help.

EDIT:
Tryied it and i think it worked pretty well. Thanks again a lot man. ;)(y)
Great, but as Monsieur X mentioned, your memory error is more than likely because you are pushing the limits of your notebook. Unlike a lot of games, Holiday Island use many, many webp renders that can eat memory. Plan on saving often so you have many restore points, should a future crash occur.

Reactions: Killer Orion

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
I use a notebook with this GPU: Nvidia GeForce 525M.
Maybe it can be this, but i played really a lot of game and in no one i have occured this type of crash..

The GeForce GT 525M was a mobile graphics chip by NVIDIA, launched in January 2011.

Graphics Processor GF108
Cores 96
TMUs 16
ROPs 4
Memory Size 1024 MB
Memory Type DDR3
Bus Width 128 bit
Production End-of-life

Holiday Island upgraded to x1440 renders, odds are you need 2048 MB ram (if not now, then quite soon)
It is actually pretty impressive that you made it this far on a 2011 mobile GPU.

Last edited:

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
Look up Darkhounds Deviantart, there you can see the progress. Faye existed already at the start but not exactly the current look.
I've seen his work developing Faye's look. I'll have ask him if I can use a render of what looks like a younger Faye.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I've seen his work developing Faye's look. I'll have ask him if I can use a render of what looks like a younger Faye.
Only Joy has access to her special pills that make one look younger. You can ask her, but pretty sure she won't share.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: yankeeInKy

brianiac

Jan 1, 2019
Checked it... works fine.

If it's a Ren'Py issue you should have a traceback report.
If it is a computer crash, then that is probably something graphics based, specific to your computer.
I usually play with Windows Task Manager active and when I see the memory approaching where everything crashes, I hit <shift> + o and type the command renpy.free_memory()

Sometimes I get too distracted by the game and forget ...

shinomond

Nov 21, 2017
Is there a cooldown for random hallway event triggering. Like if I trigger one at 14:00 I have to wait until 4 hours or until the next day for one to trigger again. All I am missing now are the RNG based events.

4.00 star(s) 216 Votes