junior366

Jun 20, 2017
It's a perfect save file.
This is a backup just in case.
Use it if you want.
I used the default name, got all the events and photos, and played all of Yumiko's minigames.
The first woman I met on the plane was Yvette.
Mod used.
I'm sure this will make someone's day, you're a Saint!

Reactions: Tiffa Adill

Not Data

Aug 23, 2020
ive been having this issue here and there in the latest version. Seems to resolve itself eventually, just might need to skip sleeping for a night!
In my last note, I promised to report how I made out. First I put my arms around Heather. Then I pecked her on the cheek. Before you know it, I got to first base.

Oh wait, you meant my other topic. I am happy to report that I played a couple of days from the old save and everything seems to be ok. I could have also done what Bazamanfoo suggested. In my stuck save, I just passed time in half hour increments until the hourglass appeared. Before I knew it, it was a new day. Yes it was. I was super tired and hungry, but game did let me take naps this time. Now we all know what to do if this happens again.

In future installments of my series, I will be discussing meteorology and sexism on Holiday Island. Stay tuned to this station.

xortan

Jul 26, 2017
Eva photo shoot too ? (from Joy Desire&Wish mini quest game released in version 0.2.0.0)
Edit: I don't remember the minutia of Jennifer photo shoot but if you completed everything from prior versions it should trigger without trouble.
Yes, I've done both, but still cannot trigger it, I'm running out of options :/

betatesterFP

Apr 13, 2018
Bug report: if you go to sleep at 2:30 or later, f ou got an appointment for the next for example with Jenifer, you will receive a message that you missed the appointment
EDIT: haven't seen the .2 update, Fixed. Thanks

Last edited:

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Some of the scenes marked M are collected over multiple times. However, it is not displayed on the outside, so you need to check it. How about making it so that you can see it on the screen?
You are suggesting something like M: 1 of 17 visible in the phone? Meaning you have collected 1 of 17 possible images, with 17 of 17 telling you are done. I can see the user value in that, but am not sure it is a good idea. As this is already one of the slowest things in the game maybe it is not a great idea to add more things to do to it. But I have no idea of the code behind it. Maybe Darkhound thinks it is easy:D.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
You are suggesting something like M: 1 of 17 visible in the phone? Meaning you have collected 1 of 17 possible images, with 17 of 17 telling you are done. I can see the user value in that, but am not sure it is a good idea. As this is already one of the slowest things in the game maybe it is not a great idea to add more things to do to it. But I have no idea of the code behind it. Maybe Darkhound thinks it is easy:D.
Since what's behind is just a collection of single images, the benefit would be really small.
From a performance perspective, it shouldn't be much of a problem, since it's not the code that's the problem, but the buffering of all the images. With the latest update to 0.2.3, the loading time for the achievment page has almost been cut in half compared to how it was before.
Maybe when I'm really bored, I will add something to show the numbers, but it's definitely not a priority on my list.

Just out of curiosity, how long does it take for an average girl's achievement page to load in your pc?
On mine it's definitely less than a second now. For Amy and Yvette, it's maybe a little more than 1 second, but not much.
In older versions, loading time was about 50% to 100% higher and in addition, now once you can see the images on the ui, it's also responding to input. In older version it took another 1 or 2 seconds after loading until it became responsive again.

What would be interesting to know for me too, would be how Amy's "event page" loads. Is it any better/faster?
Because for her events, additional small preview images are added to the game, so the interface doesn't have to load the high res images any more.
I stopped working on that idea, since on my system, the performance improvement is so small, that it's not worth the effort.

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to measure the duration for building a screen in renpy.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Load the character, load the possible images, check against each if seen...

Nope. Not easy.

EDIT - Yeah, too late. Trying to save DH some thought process because I want the lab more than a faster phone screen :)

Reactions: zapallbugs

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Since what's behind is just a collection of single images, the benefit would be really small.
From a performance perspective, it shouldn't be much of a problem, since it's not the code that's the problem, but the buffering of all the images. With the latest update to 0.2.3, the loading time for the achievment page has almost been cut in half compared to how it was before.
Maybe when I'm really bored, I will add something to show the numbers, but it's definitely not a priority on my list.

Just out of curiosity, how long does it take for an average girl's achievement page to load in your pc?
On mine it's definitely less than a second now. For Amy and Yvette, it's maybe a little more than 1 second, but not much.
In older versions, loading time was about 50% to 100% higher and in addition, now once you can see the images on the ui, it's also responding to input. In older version it took another 1 or 2 seconds after loading until it became responsive again.

What would be interesting to know for me too, would be how Amy's "event page" loads. Is it any better/faster?
Because for her events, additional small preview images are added to the game, so the interface doesn't have to load the high res images any more.
I stopped working on that idea, since on my system, the performance improvement is so small, that it's not worth the effort.

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to measure the duration for building a screen in renpy.
On my laptop viewing Amy takes about 4 seconds in 232. About half of that is task unresponsive time on W10. Optical measurement that, nothing more advanced. I admit I have an oldish laptop with 4GB main and 2GB GPU memory. I am running in 1280x720 and have never seen any graphics problems.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Load the character, load the possible images, check against each if seen...

Nope. Not easy.

EDIT - Yeah, too late. Trying to save DH some thought process because I want the lab more than a faster phone screen :)
Completely agree with that. I am prepared to live with a lot slower phone when we get some new stuff. But again, Darkhound has already concluded that himself even before we did.

Reactions: junior366

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.3.0 beta - development news (updated 18th October 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.3.0 beta).

The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.3.0 release.

There will be another bug fix soon (0.2.3.2). For details see below change log.
The next main release is 0.3.0 beta which will be a new full update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.3.0 to 0.3.0 has:

64 additional renders, videos or sound files
32 updated renders

New features and content
  • A new location, the underground lab and infirmary will be introduced with two new special characters --> still working on it
  • A new scene when the MC jogs at the beach and hurts himself will be added. It's a scene with Miriam that leads to the discovery of the underground lab --> still working on it
  • Alice gets and additional strength training appointment that is repeatable --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Alice's event where she's struggling with the weights at the gym has been completely remade. There is also an achievement now --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Alice will get an update for her strength training appointments. All images will be re-rendered in 2560x1440 webp format --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • Two of Deliza's strength training appointments got the replay icon now. The third (and most interesting) one has been made repeatable in game --> is part of 0.2.3.2
  • Amy's hot private yoga workout has been made repeatable --> is part of 0.2.3.2
  • Jennifer's night bar whiskey appointment has been made repeatable --> is part of 0.2.3.2
  • The date with Amy where you provide her with a sperm sample has been made repeatable --> is part of 0.2.3.2
  • The date with Amy where she invites you to stay the night has been made repeatable --> is part of 0.2.3.2
  • Requirements on the achievements (like hearts, etc.) will also be shown when the achievement has already been done. This makes more sense, since almost everything is repeatable --> is part of 0.2.3.2
Bug fixes
  • When the doctor is talking, sometimes a wrong name is displayed --> will be fixed with 0.3.0.0
  • When you stayed awake until after 02:00, messages for missed appointment were still wrongfully send --> fixed with 0.2.3.2
  • attributeError: 'cl_message' object has no attribute 'image' during the save game update phase --> fixed with 0.2.3.2
  • Alice lost the achievements for the for the photo studio appointments --> fixed with 0.2.3.2
  • KeyError: u'what2' during Jessica's denim photo shooting --> fixed with 0.2.3.2

Is the update going to break save games?

0.2.3.2 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.3.0.0 beta --> same as for 0.2.3.2​

Estimated release dates:

0.2.3.2 beta --> available since 11th of October from the main page, or the links in this post:

0.3.0.0 beta --> no idea yet

4.00 star(s) 215 Votes