sascuash00

May 1, 2020
Hi guys, let mi tell you some thing.

Since I started with Holliday Island until now, I had only been updating the game and it continued since my last save, but until the new update came i decided to start over again.

And you know what? It was the best thing I could have done, the game is better than the first time I played and although you already know what is going to happen, it is still exciting and fun.

Many of us are receiving this excellent game for free, so a little patience and thanks to the developers is not too much to ask.

If you have not started again for a long time, follow my advice and do it, I assure you that it is worth it.

Thanks...

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Hi Guys!

i have a problem with faye
following the guide I should be able to unlock the shower in the gym after having trained it
love is at its best, but in the end she goes to shower alone

How should I do?
Ask Jennifer how to change the weights.
(NOT SURE) If Jennifer can't tell, try weight lift with Ivy because she needs heavier weights and will request MC to change them, them MC ask Jennifer how to do it.
Check the guide in the OP.

Reactions: sascuash00

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I always make lose whoever "cheats" in bikini/wet shirt contest, it is a good idea or doesn't change anything?
I don't think it changes anything. Of course if you're trying to get a specific scene like a visit to a girl's room, then they have to win. Same if you want a girl to have a gold trophy.

Last edited:

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
Hi Guys!

i have a problem with faye
following the guide I should be able to unlock the shower in the gym after having trained it
love is at its best, but in the end she goes to shower alone

How should I do?
If she goes to the shower you need to wait for half an hour. Do't go back to the main area.
She will send you a text with a picture.

Jan 3, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'cl_nemod_data_store'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 313, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 769, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 63, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.2.3.2
Fri Mar 26 02:31:03 2021
How can i solve this?

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    renpy.load(fn)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 313, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 769, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "C:\Users\ferra\Music\g3d\g\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 63, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.2.3.2
Fri Mar 26 02:31:03 2021
How can i solve this?
The solution has been written about many times...

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-2-3-2-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-4321512

Norizio

Mar 23, 2021
I read the guide ... i already talked to jennifer, i change the weights to faye, but in the end she goes away

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
I recommend you all to start a new save after this update - old saves might not work after this.
I am interested in how you know, or think you need to recommend to others, old saves might not work after this update?
The Developer Darkhound, states that save files work fine from version V0.0.8 onwards.
V0.0.8 was a long time ago, and he has not needed to change the save file such that the previous version save files would not work.

Also, this is stated in the ...

Is the update going to break save games?:
0.2.3.2 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.3.0.0 beta --> same as for 0.2.3.2

So I will not be following your recommendation.

I would say starting again from the beginning is a good idea, as things have been updated and changed in the game, which you may like to see, and enjoy playing a second or more time around.

Last edited:

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I am interested in how you know, or think you need to recommend to others, old saves might not work after this update?
The Developer Darkhound, states that save files work fine from version V0.0.8 onwards.
V0.0.8 was a long time ago, and he has not needed to change the save file such that the previous version save files would not work.

Also, this is stated in the ...

Is the update going to break save games?:
0.2.3.2 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.3.0.0 beta --> same as for 0.2.3.2

So I will not be following your recommendation.

I would say starting again from the beginning is a good idea, as things have been updated and changed in the game, which you may like to see, and enjoy playing a second or more time around.
Not following the recommendation to make saves :) ? That's really odd. Making saves is always a great idea.
(but not for the reason stated, that you don't expect them to work in the future)

Edit: about the only reason I can think of for saves not to work is when they are taken in a place that is no longer in the game and thus can't be restored to. The best place for a long-term save I think would be the reception. It can be reached 24 hours a day, has been there since the dawn of the game and has not seen any great developments. The bedroom can be reached 24 hours a day too, but there have been some problems with the state of the panels, so a save there is not always guaranteed to work.

Last edited:

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Not following the recommendation to make saves? That's really odd. Making saves is always a great idea.
(but not for the reason stated, that you don't expect them to work in the future)
The way I look at the term New Save is new, fresh, starting again, so with a new game.

Keeping copies, or backups of your main save file/s is defiantly a thing all should do, and a great idea.
Making backup/s before you start the next update is a good thing also.

But that's not what is being said in this statement and recommendation I was replying to, or if it is then is badly worded.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
The way I look at the term New Save is new, fresh, starting again, so with a new game.

Keeping copies, or backups of your main save file/s is defiantly a thing all should do, and a great idea.
Making backup/s before you start the next update is a good thing also.

But that's not what is being said in this statement and recommendation I was replying to, or if it is then is badly worded.
There we are in total agreement. I usually save the entire previous version and do a complete new install for a new release. As far as I know it has never happened to Darkhound, but I have seen some bad problems with renpy runtime changes for other games.

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes