Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
when walking with Aly on beach:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'init'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "G:\MEGA\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "G:\MEGA\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 520, in main
run(restart)
File "G:\MEGA\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 149, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "G:\MEGA\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.1-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 835, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1200, in script call
File "game/loc_beach.rpyc", line 102, in script
�nj|�!�n{��LY&z�>���ţ��9B*�����T�\�|OE�s�a���4��}6�>�����~8��ąN�C���һh^¤���/u�N_�.w�K&�����W8
File "G:\MEGA\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 643, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
File "G:\MEGA\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1175, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "G:\MEGA\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1000, in __call__
what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
File "G:\MEGA\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 982, in sub
return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
File "G:\MEGA\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.1-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 652, in get_field
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'init'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3135
Holiday Island 0.1.0.2
Known issue already discusses numerous times.
Just as an additional FYI, if you upload the traceback.txt file your post won't be so long and hard to read through.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
What type of quest are you looking for? The doctor's original quest to get access to whoever's implant came about in an early version of the game. Now in version 10 (not sure what version it actually is, but we have had 0.8.0.0 and 0.9.0.0) hacking was added which gives level 2 and 3 access to implant info. I suspect the hacking function will be expanded in future releases. The events/scenes with the doctor, not so much, because really what more can you do with the doctor?
Ahh okay, I was told level 2 was a quest...

I'm still unsure on the hacking though. I levelled the sneaky/hacking stat to level 3 which unlocked the hack thing on the phone but none of the three buttons actually do anything. The one on the left says I need more skill, if that is the case though, what is the point of the phone app appearing at sneak/hacking level 3?

As far as the doc goes, I really hope after she analyses our cum several hundred times we can get some serum so we can stop cumming in our damn pants every time a girl smiles at us. lol

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017

I'm still unsure on the hacking though. I levelled the sneaky/hacking stat to level 3 which unlocked the hack thing on the phone but none of the three buttons actually do anything. The one on the left says I need more skill, if that is the case though, what is the point of the phone app appearing at sneak/hacking level 3?

As far as the doc goes, I really hope after she analyses our cum several hundred times we can get some serum so we can stop cumming in our damn pants every time a girl smiles at us. lol
If it says that, you already used it at least once. You can use the icon on the right now. Another code improvement (icon on the left) is available with hacking level 4 and a last one with level 5. That doesn't add new features, just makes the hacking faster. Implant hacking level 2 is not available at the doctor. I remembered it wrong. Sorry for that.

Reactions: Shardoom

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

The button on the right (red one?) triggers the hacking of implants and the other two show progress. The one on the left shows your hacking skill and the middle one shows the current state of any hack in progress.

If the right button doesn't offer you any hacks to implement then you have hacked everyone's implant or they aren't on the island. What can you do with the hacked info? Right now, truthfully not much other than seeing all of a girl's stats and her location. Those are sometimes useful, but I suspect there will be more detailed hacks in future game versions.

Reactions: Shardoom

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
Umm, you can go to reception and ask to change any assignment. If that's not what you mean, then I don't know what you mean.
Yes I know, but if I have like 3-4 girls who can do Maid service, or 3-4 who can do Doctor service, present at the Island at the same time, only 1 or 2 of them can be selected from the reception, depending who is on the island and who is send home/not arrived yet.
It would be a lot easier if all 4 would be selectable instead of guessing who won't.

For example, Yvette can do Maid service, Doctor Service and Reception service and somehow if she is on the island, despite who else of the girls can do some of the same jobs, if I pay to change a job, Yvette will be the only one selectable for a job.
Understand what I mean now? ;)
So in order for me to choose another one, who already are on the island, to do for example Maid service, I would have to send Yvette home and that kinda bugs me.
Yvette is just an example.. I had 3 girls on island who could perform Doctor duty, but when wanting to choose, only 1 and in some case 0 was selectable.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
If it says that, you already used it at least once. You can use the icon on the right now. Another code improvement (icon on the left) is available with hacking level 4 and a last one with level 5. That doesn't add new features, just makes the hacking faster. Implant hacking level 2 is not available at the doctor. I remembered it wrong. Sorry for that.
But I haven't used it, not even once. None of the three icons have ever done anything for me.

Dammit I don't have the save because I had to roll back to an earlier save after a bug made me miss Aly's meeting and I didn't realise I couldn't just reschedule...

I'll have to level it back from 2-3 later and see if it works this time. If not I'll just upload my save so you can see.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Your answer mixed in with the previous answer makes it hard to follow, but I think I know what you mean. Let's stick with Yvette as an example. She can't be the maid if she is the morning receptionist. She can't be in two places at once. Thus assign some one else to be the morning receptionist before trying to make Yvette your maid.

Doesn't matter who is in the job right now, it all depends on who is on the island and their skill sets in your list of chosen girls. Let's say you sent Yvette home, but she is now the evening receptionist as no other girls have that skill set or they are doing some other job. You will not be able to reassign Yvette as she isn't on the island roster. You can replace her with someone currently on the island if receptionist is in their job skill set, but only if they aren't doing some other job. Yvette., once replaced, will not appear as available for any job until you invite her onto the island.

Hope that makes sense and helps to answer your question.

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
Your answer mixed in with the previous answer makes it hard to follow, but I think I know what you mean. Let's stick with Yvette as an example. She can't be the maid if she is the morning receptionist. She can't be in two places at once. Thus assign some one else to be the morning receptionist before trying to make Yvette your maid.

Doesn't matter who is in the job right now, it all depends on who is on the island and their skill sets in your list of chosen girls. Let's say you sent Yvette home, but she is now the evening receptionist as no other girls have that skill set or they are doing some other job. You will not be able to reassign Yvette as she isn't on the island roster. You can replace her with someone currently on the island if receptionist is in their job skill set, but only if they aren't doing some other job. Yvette., once replaced, will not appear as available for any job until you invite her onto the island.

Hope that makes sense and helps to answer your question.
I understand all that and has nothing to do with my statement, it was not a question it is a game fact I wish changed.

All my girls are at max everything, except anger of course, has nothing to do with that.
I have maximum possible girls on the Island.
One is doing Reception morning, another is doing evening and a third on Doctor duty and a 4th as Maid.

Now here is the thing... among all the other non working girls, some can also fill the doctor job, the maid job etc.
That's what I mean of the Pool of women for each job..
Example: between the rest of the girls, 4 can do maid job, but when I try to shift maids, only 1 of them show up as a choice, because that one apparently has a higher priority as a maid by the game.
What I would like, was to see the pool of remaining possible girls to pick from to be 4, not 1, 2 or 0.
Because, as explained many times now.. for me to be able to get the maid I want, to get a missing maid scene, I would have to figure out what order the game prioritize all the girls for that particular job and send home the one who blocks the option for my needed maid. Get it now??

I do understand that when sending a girl home, if she had a job for that week, she will keep doing that job until the end of the week (even as not technically on the island any more) unless replacing her job with another.
Just in case you use that argument as well ;)

Can draw another picture.
You have 4 cards, all Queens. You want to draw the Queen of spades, but the order always goes Hearts, Spades, Clubs & Diamonds.
So in order to draw Spades, ya gave to toss Hearts away, and in order to get Diamonds you have to be sure all other suits are away.
Would it not be desired to just have all 4 on the table and pick the one you wanted?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I understand all that and has nothing to do with my statement, it was not a question it is a game fact I wish changed.

All my girls are at max everything, except anger of course, has nothing to do with that.
I have maximum possible girls on the Island.
One is doing Reception morning, another is doing evening and a third on Doctor duty and a 4th as Maid.

Now here is the thing... among all the other non working girls, some can also fill the doctor job, the maid job etc.
That's what I mean of the Pool of women for each job..
Example: between the rest of the girls, 4 can do maid job, but when I try to shift maids, only 1 of them show up as a choice, because that one apparently has a higher priority as a maid by the game.
What I would like, was to see the pool of remaining possible girls to pick from to be 4, not 1, 2 or 0.
Because, as explained many times now.. for me to be able to get the maid I want, to get a missing maid scene, I would have to figure out what order the game prioritize all the girls for that particular job and send home the one who blocks the option for my needed maid. Get it now??

I do understand that when sending a girl home, if she had a job for that week, she will keep doing that job until the end of the week (even as not technically on the island any more) unless replacing her job with another.
Just in case you use that argument as well ;)

Can draw another picture.
You have 4 cards, all Queens. You want to draw the Queen of spades, but the order always goes Hearts, Spades, Clubs & Diamonds.
So in order to draw Spades, ya gave to toss Hearts away, and in order to get Diamonds you have to be sure all other suits are away.
Would it not be desired to just have all 4 on the table and pick the one you wanted?
Okay, that was much easier to follow as it was separate from a previous answer. For myself I have never found that kind of limitation when opting to choose who fills whatever job. When I go to the receptionist and tell her that I want a new maid she says okay it will cost me 50 favor points and then a window pops open with 3 - 4 girls as option to choose. Occasionally there are more choices, but it is only because some pictures are duplicates. Typically the choices are of girls on the island that are not already assigned a job as I said if Yvette is a receptionist, I can't make her a maid without freeing her from the receptionist desk first.

Don't know why your game would be different, but why is the sky blue and when I go to the massage spa and find two girls why do I have choose which one to get a massage from? It is what it is.

Jun 4, 2017
Yes I know, but if I have like 3-4 girls who can do Maid service, or 3-4 who can do Doctor service, present at the Island at the same time, only 1 or 2 of them can be selected from the reception, depending who is on the island and who is send home/not arrived yet.
It would be a lot easier if all 4 would be selectable instead of guessing who won't.

For example, Yvette can do Maid service, Doctor Service and Reception service and somehow if she is on the island, despite who else of the girls can do some of the same jobs, if I pay to change a job, Yvette will be the only one selectable for a job.
Understand what I mean now? ;)
So in order for me to choose another one, who already are on the island, to do for example Maid service, I would have to send Yvette home and that kinda bugs me.
Yvette is just an example.. I had 3 girls on island who could perform Doctor duty, but when wanting to choose, only 1 and in some case 0 was selectable.
That's in part because you can't select a girl to do one job if she's already doing another. So for instance, you can't select Yvette for evening reception if she's currently serving as the maid (or vice versa).

lordofwales

Jun 6, 2018
Got an error from hacking when using version 1.0.2:-

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 942, in <module>
File "game/player.rpy", line 44, in start_hack_code
NameError: global name 'hacking' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\Program Files\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\Program Files\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 520, in main
run(restart)
File "D:\Program Files\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 149, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "D:\Program Files\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.1-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 835, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 942, in script
�3�L�Q�)� Hb��f$I��R�Q梖��|��,�2J�p]w��_�Jo�߻�,4��"�=F�Ę�p��F�$inY�w�R�\&�B����B�]��|
File "D:\Program Files\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1702, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "D:\Program Files\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1835, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "D:\Program Files\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1828, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 942, in <module>
File "game/player.rpy", line 44, in start_hack_code
NameError: global name 'hacking' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3135

D_devil

Apr 30, 2017
As allways @ love the game and the girls you have made keep up the good work, for some of the know bugs I´ve tried to stay clear from the girls that have these buggs and for the hacking bugg I did what has been posted earlyer but when im gona check the progress of the hack I get an error aswell. So in the mean time I wait using this feature untill later and just enjoy the time with the game and the girls :D

Kurt Wagner

Jun 22, 2018
Hi All,
need your help, unable to see girl's love, lust etc stats. it is saying to reach level 2. But i don't have clue. Same thing with location.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Use the hacking option. On your phone, on the bottom right corner, there is a red "hacking" icon.

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes