SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Love the game @darkhound1 and the new update is great.

Heather_pool_sunlotion5_swim1.jpg & Heather_pool_sunlotion5_swim2.jpg need swapping over to match the correct swimwear to the scene.

I have a few suggestions....

As we have to eat and sleep to help with stats I think that Hygiene should be added as well. Already have shower pics for MC so adding taking a shower in room would be straight forward.

Let the MC learn to give massage from both surf the web and a hour long training from one of the masseuse girls. Then once skilled be able to do normal and erotic massage to the girls.

Add a sauna and Jacuzzi to the spa for other locations for new scenes.

Able to swim in the sea, and maybe some skinny dipping as well.

More interaction with Doctor, like the new content for reception.

Reactions: Ulli713 and Big AlA
Jun 4, 2017
Hey, @darkhound1, is there any way it would be workable to choose our own zoom level for sexting photos as contact pics? Some of them, when you scroll through possible contact photos, are zoomed in nice and close on the girl's face, while others seem to be trying to fit as much of the photo in as possible, and so they don't work so well for contacts. If there might be any way to control that, it would be a nice addition. (If it's too much work, it would be a nice addition, but it's not a big deal.)

Jun 4, 2017
OK, this is a weird crash. It takes place at the stroke of midnight on the morning of Monday, 25 September, Day 73; so far, it has happened no matter what I've chosen to do at 23:30 on Sunday, 24 September.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
OK, this is a weird crash. It takes place at the stroke of midnight on the morning of Monday, 25 September, Day 73; so far, it has happened no matter what I've chosen to do at 23:30 on Sunday, 24 September.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hey, there was a typo in a variable name when your endurance gets reduced due to lack of training. I fixed it.
Variable name used: "-l_pl_endurance_delta"
correct name: "l_pl_endurance_delta"

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Question, @darkhound1: why did you add getting caught watching Yvette/Amy/Alice in the shower to the "events" in the phone? I don't consider that progress . . . It's going to bug me, because I don't want them yelling at me and ordering me out of their rooms, but I don't really like having the "Not Yet Discovered!" sitting there, either.
Oh well...
If I hadn't added it you can be sure someone would ask why I didn't add it - it includes different renders, that's mainly why I did it. Adding the scenes with multiple renders and how often to add a scene is really difficult to decide.

Reactions: Bantry

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Hey, @darkhound1, is there any way it would be workable to choose our own zoom level for sexting photos as contact pics? Some of them, when you scroll through possible contact photos, are zoomed in nice and close on the girl's face, while others seem to be trying to fit as much of the photo in as possible, and so they don't work so well for contacts. If there might be any way to control that, it would be a nice addition. (If it's too much work, it would be a nice addition, but it's not a big deal.)
Not without adding a ton of code and replacing all 166 phone images and adding code in I don't know how many places where the images are used. So no, not worth it.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Love the game @darkhound1 and the new update is great.

Heather_pool_sunlotion5_swim1.jpg & Heather_pool_sunlotion5_swim2.jpg need swapping over to match the correct swimwear to the scene.

I have a few suggestions....

As we have to eat and sleep to help with stats I think that Hygiene should be added as well. Already have shower pics for MC so adding taking a shower in room would be straight forward.

Let the MC learn to give massage from both surf the web and a hour long training from one of the masseuse girls. Then once skilled be able to do normal and erotic massage to the girls.

Add a sauna and Jacuzzi to the spa for other locations for new scenes.

Able to swim in the sea, and maybe some skinny dipping as well.

More interaction with Doctor, like the new content for reception.
I already did the image swap. It's a leftover from 0.1.0.0. I forgot to add the changed files to the update.
I could probably make the MC "smelly" and reduce looks and charm maybe. But it's a lot of work to integrate it into the game with little benefit. I'd have to add it in different situations (like after gym training, jogging, after sleeping, ...) And would need to be reducced in lots of places as well.
Since there are so many actions and renders missing for the locations already available, I won't add any new ones without a good reason or a requirement for the story progress.
It's definitely not lack of ideas that's the problem. But lack of time.

Reactions: SiJa

Minole

Jan 9, 2018
I know this isn't really anybody here's problem but MEGA is straight up just not working for me. Is there an alternate download link for the 0.1.1.0 patch?

EDIT: on the 30th reload/close and reopen of the tab it worked.

Reactions: undri115

warthog242

May 6, 2018
One of the new Yvette masturbation events always crashes for me. If you "get caught" (had to cheat down my hack/sneak skill to even make this happen, which is a bit lame) and then are nice to her, crash. If you try to blackmail her, it works. Agree with others that the "getting caught" phone achievements are...not the best additions to the game. And the new Yvette stuff seems to make you go through multiple versions of this.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
One of the new Yvette masturbation events always crashes for me. If you "get caught" (had to cheat down my hack/sneak skill to even make this happen, which is a bit lame) and then are nice to her, crash. If you try to blackmail her, it works. Agree with others that the "getting caught" phone achievements are...not the best additions to the game. And the new Yvette stuff seems to make you go through multiple versions of this.
There is one crash which has been reported and fixed already. It will be part of the next update.
I'm really wondering my I think so much about the best way to add the multiple image achievements when all everyone does is complain anyway.

warthog242

May 6, 2018
There is one crash which has been reported and fixed already. It will be part of the next update.
I'm really wondering my I think so much about the best way to add the multiple image achievements when all everyone does is complain anyway.
Speaking only for myself, I don't like achievements that are rewarded for playing a game badly/doing something wrong. Taking too long on a puzzle, whatever it may be...it's obnoxious. This is treading into that category. Maybe make it so you can get the "bad" image achievement and then overcome it with a charm check and get the "good" image achievement in one go? Anyway, love the update in general, the new renders are great.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
It has drowned a bit in the sheer size of the update, but I believe Yvette's swimsuit update has been an improvement.

The new swimsuits webbing allows her to tease in a very Yvette style manner and the changed pose allows her to push hard against the suit, also seems like a more natural show off/flaunt it that fits her well.

The old in a way says "oh hi, please to met you" whereas the new is "See anything you like?, eyes up here btw :p"

I liked the old suit too actually, but the new is clearly superior. Not just in the suit itself but also the way the pose and suit works together.

It lifts it from good (old) - better (suit) - great (suit + pose).

And mind you, it is just one render of many, it will for most pass in clicks here, clicks there and moving on everywhere, but that effort and skill is one of the things I really enjoy about Holiday Island.

Just imho of course.

(new - left, old - right)

Yvette_swim0_base.png Yvette_swim0_base_base.png

FetishCollectorD

Donor
Jan 15, 2018
Getting rollback errors every time I try to gift one of the girls... makes it difficult(impossible) to gift the receptionist so she'll change for me.

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
Players complain, that's their "job", doesn't mean it's personal (unless specified of course) so don't take it too badly.
We love your game, that's why we utter our opinions, suggestions etc. ;)

With that said, I also were a bit baffled that new "getting caught" pictures were added, it's no biggie when using the cheat tool to downgrade hack/sneak, though still a little annoying.
If not cheating however, it would mean (for those who want all picture/scene achievements) a restart would be needed and I think that's what annoy players the most.

Am not saying adding those "get caught" was a bad idea, far from it, but maybe give an option to get caught?
I'm thinking about an earlier masturbation scene, think it was Amy? The girl with most content anyways.
We have the option to clear our throat and make her see the MC.
Could such be added to new content that requires a low/non skill for sneaking? It would make things a tad easier and also everybody happy I guess? :)

To really blow our minds, a new map location to visit/pass by the girls rooms directly, instead of hoping the random factor triggers when going to MC's room at a certain time, would be suggestible.

Got one question as well:
As I recall when starting playing a long time ago, there is a limited time frame in this game, 3 months or something, right?
If that's the case, would it be possible for the MC to extend his "vacation" by spending Favor Points?
Just an idea if 90 game days was the max, because I could foresee some trouble getting everything done in that time frame (when the game is finished that is), especially without cheating, grinding stats and favor is time consuming after all ;)

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Players complain, that's their "job", doesn't mean it's personal (unless specified of course) so don't take it too badly.
We love your game, that's why we utter our opinions, suggestions etc. ;)

With that said, I also were a bit baffled that new "getting caught" pictures were added, it's no biggie when using the cheat tool to downgrade hack/sneak, though still a little annoying.
If not cheating however, it would mean (for those who want all picture/scene achievements) a restart would be needed and I think that's what annoy players the most.

Am not saying adding those "get caught" was a bad idea, far from it, but maybe give an option to get caught?
I'm thinking about an earlier masturbation scene, think it was Amy? The girl with most content anyways.
We have the option to clear our throat and make her see the MC.
Could such be added to new content that requires a low/non skill for sneaking? It would make things a tad easier and also everybody happy I guess? :)

To really blow our minds, a new map location to visit/pass by the girls rooms directly, instead of hoping the random factor triggers when going to MC's room at a certain time, would be suggestible.

Got one question as well:
As I recall when starting playing a long time ago, there is a limited time frame in this game, 3 months or something, right?
If that's the case, would it be possible for the MC to extend his "vacation" by spending Favor Points?
Just an idea if 90 game days was the max, because I could foresee some trouble getting everything done in that time frame (when the game is finished that is), especially without cheating, grinding stats and favor is time consuming after all ;)
It's super complicated to try to add scenes with several branches and endings to the achievements. It will not be possible to do it in a way that makes everyone happy. I always have to compromise. Reducing the number of achievements will reduce the number of images you have there. It was a first shot as it is right now. It might not be perfect or to everyones's liking.
I already tried to have the possibility to "get caught" on purpose. Maybe I missed some spots. In any case this "logic" doesn't work for everything. It will get more and more complictaed when after every lust or charm or other check you still have the possibility to let it fail. Maybe I remove some of the not so important achievements in one of the next versions. But you can be sure some are going to complain about that move.
Right now there is no end to the game. I still haven't implemented it.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Getting rollback errors every time I try to gift one of the girls... makes it difficult(impossible) to gift the receptionist so she'll change for me.
It's already in the bug list and has been fixed for the next version.
You can either get the quick fixes from here:
Or wait for the next patch which should be ready on the week end.

chaf

Oct 10, 2017
Try deleting the cache folder (inside the game folder), although that shouldn't be necessary any more. It won't hurt.
If this doesn't help either, you didn't copy the new *.rpyc files to the correct location.
i copy it to the game folder the main screen show me that i have the new version but inside the game when i click ABOUT it tells me that its still version0.1.0.2

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Actually it is not players job to complain. Nor is it their right. They can play or walk away. The product does not have a price, it is free.

Patreons can complain or rather voice hopes, they have that option through their patronage, this being a patreon game. But even that is within the vision that Darkhound has set up for the game.

A vision they support, making them patreons.

On this forum we can post what we want and Darkhound being friendly or perhaps service minded or simply hoping it will grant patreons? chooses to be here and often to answer.

But it is not a subscription game or a bought product, and this is not the patreon page. So players actually dont have recourse. Could choose not to listen at all.

Bit of trying to produce a work of art and then get a comment on the left little toe having too much shadow ;) I'd like to know what Darkhound does for patience exercises, I could use some of that at work :D

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes