septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
I have only recently played this game (version before this new update) but I would like to give it some thoughts, more than a review is a recommendation on how to play it, especially to those who have not yet or have just started it.

There are many non linear games, but from what I saw they often make this combo of mistakes, 1) content release so often tends to focus on so little for 1 girl 2) Progression looks linear, girls tend to "turn off" after doing certain things, which are not replayable, which I think is extremely important for a non linear game, which needs to feel like anytime you want you can do certain things again without relying on a scene viewer to make it look like an organic part of the context.

There are many girls in this game, a risky move but because the world manage to somewhat feel alive, with the occasional event, and the girl's routine and their texting and the requests and so on, it works, now of course you are going to try them all out, but my suggestion is here is to not ever get all the content, at every update instead you should get an idea of how much new stuff there is, but to never get everything, otherwise you might end up in a cycle where you just play to specifically get what's new and is a game of filling holes until you get to the next one.
Don't optimize your fun, unpack the game's images, get an idea of who has what but don't get it all. I know it sounds crazy but I think it serves for the suspension of disbelief.

Rock H.

Jul 30, 2018
I'm very happy with the game so far. Unfortunately (and also fortunately) the patches are coming so fast that by the time I'm half-way through a list of Bugs, Issues, Typos, Suggestions, and Minor Details, a new patch is released and I have to go back and see if they're still valid.
Keep up the hard work darkhound1.

Setzer

Jul 29, 2018
Is there any way to re trigger Alice end of trainning event? It got overlapped with another event and it's the last one remaining I have from her

Rock H.

Jul 30, 2018
Is there any way to re trigger Alice end of trainning event? It got overlapped with another event and it's the last one remaining I have from her
Alice [weight] training event didn't happen for me. I saw training1 and training2 but no follow-ups after that and no conflicting invites.

Jun 4, 2017
Awesome. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, the search is tedious. So few times the question is actually answered, let alone answered in manner that actually makes sense. The Yvette one is the worst... but perhaps that's because it seems like no one really knows what the criteria are specifically, but have a general sense of what *might* be the requirements.

I'm surprised at how many of the events require a particular stage (basic-revealing-skimpy) of clothes. I sort of get it; renders are done in a particular set of clothes, saving having to do it multiple times. But still irksome having to guess which ones. I like the scene descriptions in the game that at least clue you in to any particular set of circumstances you need to setup to trigger the scene.

Thanks for the info. I'm making my way through a few of these. I definitely want to try to trigger the Alice clothes changing one; I need to invite Brenda back to the island.

As for the Yvette one, I'm glad you both said it's the late shift. I saw a couple search responses turn up the idea that it could actually be the early shift and waiting through the night to the morning, which made no sense.
There is no Alice-clothes-changing event, and no event which requires both Alice and Brenda. Not sure what anyone was thinking of there. The only event which requires two specific characters is the beach sex scene with Heather, which requires Jessica's help. The Heather-clothes-changing event (where she's picking a cosplay costume for the poledance) requires a second character, but it can be any of the other girls on the island.

For Yvette, when she's on night duty, go from the nightbar to reception at 23:30; if it doesn't trigger, go back to the nightbar, then go back to reception at 00:00; if it doesn't trigger, repeat process at 00:30. If it still doesn't trigger, don't be surprised; it might take a few days before it happens.

You're right, the search is a mess at this point. I think someone needs to start a Holiday Island FAQ thread and move all these discussions there; whoever posted it could include the walkthrough, and people looking for answers to questions would have far, far fewer posts to churn through to find them.

im not sure if this have been asked, but how do you trigger the scene heather poses topless together with jessica?. Also have a problem i missed an appointment with Aly, because of Alice and now i can't get the appointment with Aly again.
Everything has been asked, unless it's something in a brand-new update. If it didn't come out today, everything has been asked.

Re: your missed appointment: load an earlier save. Open the calendar app in your phone; you'll see arrows next to the overlapping appointments. Hit one of them. That will shift one of the appointments. To be safe, shift it a couple hours.

The tricky thing about the Heather-Jessica event is that having both at the beach at the same time doesn't guarantee it. If you walk on the beach with Heather at noon, let's say, what matters isn't whether Jessica is on the beach at noon but whether she's on the beach at 12:30, half an hour later. What you need to do is save your game, then scout out the beach. Stand there and hit the "wait 30 minutes" button repeatedly. When you see Heather show up, note the time, then hit "wait 30 minutes" again. If Jessica is on the beach now, you're golden; load your savegame and play through until Heather shows up, then ask her out on a walk. If Jessica is not on the beach, keep going.

If you just mean the reward for helping her train, yes: vote her the winner of the butt contest.

Reactions: Bantry

bdp77

Jan 30, 2018
If you just mean the reward for helping her train, yes: vote her the winner of the butt contest.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Thanks for this. Had no idea you could redo reward events with the butt contest.

Rock H.

Jul 30, 2018
If you just mean the reward for helping her train, yes: vote her the winner of the butt contest.
Wow! Thanks for this. Had no idea you could redo reward events with the butt contest.[/QUOTE]
No, I was referring to the actual final training event. I'm hoping to provide information to darkhound1 to fix bugs and create a quality product more than just to see the naughty bits. But I appreciate your comment anyway. :)

Rock H.

Jul 30, 2018
Here are some non-traceback issues. Some may be resolved. I have identified the version in each case.
Issue:

0.1.0.2: Faye and Aly “Boob Event Comparison” triggers even when Aly is not on the Island

0.1.1.0: Got text that previous hack was complete. Now, when attempting to hack Faye’s, Ivy’s, or Lacey’s implant (only choices at this point), it goes to “No hack in progress right now!” screen. However, coming back later, it says that Lacey’s hack is 25% complete and then goes to “No hack in progress right now!”. Eventually, it does complete Lacey’s hack.

0.1.1.1: Fondle scene with Ivy, Lacey, Faye, Desire is a template shot (un-skinned). The MC is molesting a mannequin.

0.1.1.0: Holiday Island Butt winner computations are off, even when a contestant wins every event in the first round, they can still be eliminated and the other two become first and second, all other factors being equal. Example: Heather beats Jessica, Heather beats Desire, Desire beats Jessica. Heather has 2 wins, Desire has 1, and Jessica has 0. Desire is declared first place and Heather is second place.

0.1.1.1: After the two weight trainings with Alice, the third (and probably final) weight training never happens.

Rock H.

Jul 30, 2018
Here are some crashing (usually ok to ignore or rollback) bugs. Version is listed.
0.1.1.0: Ivy/Desire (possibly others) throws traceback on intimate actions->give [girl name] a present->any gift.
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 383, in execute_pause
renpy.with_statement(Pause(delay))
AttributeError: 'bool' object has no attribute 'visit_all'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 520, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 149, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 835, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1171, in script call
File "game/actions.rpyc", line 521, in script
[Binary]
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1801, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1789, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 169, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1408, in with_statement
return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2186, in do_with
clear=clear)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2620, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2925, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 511, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 511, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback)
d.visit_all(callback)
d.visit_all(callback)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 405, in visit_all
self.child.visit_all(callback)
d.visit_all(callback)
d.visit_all(callback)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3135
Holiday Island 0.1.1.0

0.1.0.2: Aly throws traceback on Chat.”Talk about her.”

0.1.1.0: Heather, Massage Parlor: Ask for Erotic Massage, if her lust fails, throws traceback

While running game code:
KeyError: u'char1'

Full traceback:
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.0.2\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.0.2\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 520, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.0.2\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 149, in run
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.0.2\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 835, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1218, in script call
File "game/loc_massage.rpyc", line 161, in script
[binary]
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.0.2\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 643, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.0.2\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1175, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.0.2\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1000, in __call__
what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.0.2\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 982, in sub
return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.0.2\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3135
Holiday Island 0.1.0.2

Rock H.

Jul 30, 2018
Here are some typos. Version noted.

0.1.1.0: During Heather’s erotic massage titfuck dialogue:
Heather: My tits win, you see… *giggles*
MC: I dind’t have any doubts about that! *smiles*
Replace dind’t with didn’t.

0.1.1.0: During Alice’s second weight training scene:
“You’re not so sure about that. The text one her shirt doesn’t help either”.
Replace one with on.​

At this rate it won’t take long until she’ll be able to manage on her won.
Replace won with own.​

You sneak another look at her heaving chest, but stay focused enough to not let the weights out fo your hands again.
Replace fo with of.​

0.1.1.1: During Alice reward date (after finishing fucking her against the wall):
Alice: “Now I can tell some naughty boyfriend stories myself. *giggles*” MC: “You are the sexiest schoolgirl every Alice.”
Replace “every Alice.” with “ever, Alice.”​

0.1.1.1: During Heather’s erotic massage handjob:
“She can feel that you are ready to blow your load…” “…so she stops her strokes and aims your swollen dick at her fabulous kockers…” …
Replace kockers with knockers.​

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Here are some crashing (usually ok to ignore or rollback) bugs. Version is listed.
0.1.1.0: Ivy/Desire (possibly others) throws traceback on intimate actions->give [girl name] a present->any gift.

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 520, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 149, in run
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 835, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1171, in script call
File "game/actions.rpyc", line 521, in script
[Binary]
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1801, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1789, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 169, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1408, in with_statement
return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2186, in do_with
clear=clear)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2620, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2925, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
d.visit_all(callback)
d.visit_all(callback)
d.visit_all(callback)
d.visit_all(callback)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.1.0\HolidayIsland-0.1.1.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 405, in visit_all
self.child.visit_all(callback)
d.visit_all(callback)
d.visit_all(callback)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3135
Holiday Island 0.1.1.0

0.1.0.2: Aly throws traceback on Chat.”Talk about her.”

0.1.1.0: Heather, Massage Parlor: Ask for Erotic Massage, if her lust fails, throws traceback

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.0.2\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.0.2\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 520, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.0.2\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 149, in run
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.0.2\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 835, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1218, in script call
File "game/loc_massage.rpyc", line 161, in script
[binary]
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.0.2\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 643, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.0.2\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1175, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.0.2\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1000, in __call__
what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.0.2\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 982, in sub
return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
File "C:\Program Files\Games\$Holiday Island v0.1.0.2\HolidayIsland-0.1.0.0-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3135
Holiday Island 0.1.0.2
All these have already been fixed. You can check the devolpment news posts on my patreon that list all the reported bugs.

Reactions: Bantry

fo4urm

Oct 17, 2017
That's a good thing though, especially when the game is good, you don't want the good to ever end :p
I dunno i've played it a couple of times, i know i'm gonna like it. But seems like this is s a game where it would be best to play when it's completed.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Here are some non-traceback issues. Some may be resolved. I have identified the version in each case.
Issue:

0.1.0.2: Faye and Aly “Boob Event Comparison” triggers even when Aly is not on the Island

0.1.1.0: Got text that previous hack was complete. Now, when attempting to hack Faye’s, Ivy’s, or Lacey’s implant (only choices at this point), it goes to “No hack in progress right now!” screen. However, coming back later, it says that Lacey’s hack is 25% complete and then goes to “No hack in progress right now!”. Eventually, it does complete Lacey’s hack.

0.1.1.1: Fondle scene with Ivy, Lacey, Faye, Desire is a template shot (un-skinned). The MC is molesting a mannequin.

0.1.1.0: Holiday Island Butt winner computations are off, even when a contestant wins every event in the first round, they can still be eliminated and the other two become first and second, all other factors being equal. Example: Heather beats Jessica, Heather beats Desire, Desire beats Jessica. Heather has 2 wins, Desire has 1, and Jessica has 0. Desire is declared first place and Heather is second place.

0.1.1.1: After the two weight trainings with Alice, the third (and probably final) weight training never happens.
  • Boob comparison event --> thanks, will be fixed with 0.1.2.0
  • hack problem --> has already been fixed with 0.1.1.1
  • placeholder manneqin images are not a bug. More renders will be added when I have time.
  • I was never able to replicate the problem with the butt contest. For me it works correctly every time
  • about the Alice third workout never happening - I'm pretty sure it works. The appointments have a random component. Just be patient.

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes