Jun 4, 2017
Yvette scene : I can't get the picture where you watch her masturbating and get caught at climax.
I've lowered my sneaking skill to 1 before the last sneaking check at Yvette climax to no avail.
Anyone succeeded getting this picture ?
Don't lower your sneaking skill. Sneak in and hide in the bathroom. It's her endurance level that matters. If it's low enough, she falls asleep and you get out without being caught. If it's high enough for her to stay awake, she gets up to get a shower and catches you there.

sperg

Aug 6, 2017
i pasted the 1.1.1 into the 1.0.1 game folder but i keep getting an error and cant play the game

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
i pasted the 1.1.1 into the 1.0.1 game folder but i keep getting an error and cant play the game
Check the HI folder and see if you have 2 game folders in it. I ran into the same thing on a different game. You need to copy/paste only the files in the game older from the patch. You will have to determine which game folder is the correct one if that's what happened. Renpy will freak out if there is more than game 1 folder.

bashfulpigeon

May 29, 2018
How the hell do I install this patch? It gives me a stupid error and I don't know how to install it in general. Someone please help! I need clear instruction!

Jun 4, 2017
We keep running into this confusion between the "game folder," the folder on which we put the game as a whole (on my system it's named "Holiday Island"), and the "game" folder, the folder named "game" which is inside of the "game folder." There ought to be some better way to express that . . . Maybe we should just all agree to call the "game folder" something off the wall like "Doyle."

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Holiday Island, Game, Doyle or anything else you call it can be somewhat confusing, but I suspect it might also be an inherent Windows problem. For some reason when comparing and replacing folders/files it doesn't always get it right. Hence my instructions to start with the base version (in this case 0.1.0.0) and delete everything associated with the game so as to get a clean install and then update.

It is a little more time consuming to do the install of new updates, but whenever I have had a problem updating by just replacing the old files with new, I have gone to it and it has never failed.

Reactions: junior366

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
It's both a Windows and game engine problem. Folder/file structure is always confusing but there is really no solution to it. When referencing something it would best to refer to the full path such as HolidayIsland xxx/Game/file(s) if at all possible. Fortunately in Renpy and most game engines the paths are relatively short and easy to reference. So for this discussion it might make sense to say goto update/game and copy all files. Then go to holidayisland xxx/game and paste copied files, replacing/overwriting all files. I've never had a problem with any game whether is game files or save files doing it that way yet.

Renpy seems tp be unique in that it keeps save separated from the game so you can delete the game and upon reinstalling the same version or an update it will find the saves. Unity doesn't seem to do it that way so you have to copy/paste saves from the previous version(s) in order to use them. That's what my experience has been. Both ways present their own set of issues which can be a challenge to solve.
Edit:Forgot to mention that RPGM has a whole set of issues to include not having enough save slots and being, sometimes almost impossible to navigate the game.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Renpy seems tp be unique in that it keeps save separated from the game so you can delete the game and upon reinstalling the same version or an update it will find the saves. Unity doesn't seem to do it that way so you have to copy/paste saves from the previous version(s) in order to use them. That's what my experience has been. Both ways present their own set of issues which can be a challenge to solve.
Edit:Forgot to mention that RPGM has a whole set of issues to include not having enough save slots and being, sometimes almost impossible to navigate the game.
I suspect where you believe Renpy is being unique is actually the additional files creation under C:\User\Name\Appdata\Roaming\Renpy. If you look in that folder you'll find a folder and save files for all the Renpy games you have played on your computer.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
I suspect where you believe Renpy is being unique is actually the additional files creation under C:\User\Name\Appdata\Roaming\Renpy. If you look in that folder you'll find a folder and save files for all the Renpy games you have played on your computer.
Yes you are right and is actually nice on one hand but not so nice in this situation. For me it worked out well by simply doing a copy/paste from the update to the holidayisland xxx/game folder (just the files). Which BTW does make it unique to other game engines.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Yes you are right and is actually nice on one hand but not so nice in this situation. For me it worked out well by simply doing a copy/paste from the update to the holidayisland xxx/game folder (just the files). Which BTW does make it unique to other game engines.
Yes you are correct, it is unique in that sense. As for the updates as many have discovered sometimes there are issues with just trying to copy and paste. My instructions tried to make a simple way for anyone to get a clean install and update. Somewhat more complicated with a few more steps involved, but it does work 100% of the time. Well at least it has since I have been doing all my updates that way whenever I ran into a problem since version 0.8.0.0.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Yes you are correct, it is unique in that sense. As for the updates as many have discovered sometimes there are issues with just trying to copy and paste. My instructions tried to make a simple way for anyone to get a clean install and update. Somewhat more complicated with a few more steps involved, but it does work 100% of the time. Well at least it has since I have been doing all my updates that way whenever I ran into a problem since version 0.8.0.0.
Since this is somewhat off topic this will be my last reply to this conversation. Your instructions confused me at first but they are right on for a Renpy game if one understands the way it handles saves. For me a simple copy/paste of the right files works and if it doesn't then there are usually other issues so I usually just quit playing whichever game I'm playing. Devs need to understand the engine they are using and how they work to avoid problems or minimize them.

Reactions: Bantry

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Nice, just found out that you reinvite a girl if you kick them off the island. Thought I had blown it with Brenda when I kicked her so now I can get her room number. So far I only have the age of Joy so am not sure if ages are available yet.

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes