Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
My "hardest" : Ivy sex scene, Yvette masturbation chain events ( I don't know how to do it without cheating Yvette endurance ) and Alice strength training full sequence ( as a previous poster said, miss one step and you're out ).

Reactions: Puppet Master

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Let me try to explain how adding a new action (like groping or whatever) works and how much time it takes:
Pretty interesting look into the creation process, it is much appreciated that you take the time to write such a comprehensive answer.

I should probably note that the reason I guessed the now rather absurd number of 4x-8x, is because I took the small (12ish scenes/events) without animation as the lowest possible and simply halved that number to get the 4x for the longer 20-30 render scenes (and cheerfully forgot to count the cost of animation found in the longer scenes :D)

(I can actually imagine the night scene with Ivy. In a humor version of course. Amongst other things I suppose Ivy will apologize for the door, should he be too slow in opening it ;))

Reactions: Puppet Master

Rock H.

Jul 30, 2018
Let me try to explain how adding a new action (like groping or whatever) works and how much time it takes:
1) A new icon has to be added and some lines of code and text. Right now adding a new icon is a bigger problem, because there simply isn't any space left. I've already reduced the icon size to squeeze in the "show breasts" action. So any more and I have to redesign the whole interface in some areas.
2) The poses have to be set up. It's relatively easy if it's just a girl posing with no intervention or interaction with the MC. As soon as it's a mixed interaction, the pose has to be adjusted or even a totally different one has to be used for each girl and sometimes depending on the clothes as well.
3) Right now we have 3 or 4 swim outfits, 3 evening dresses, nurse outfit, 2 reception outfits for each girl. Loading all relevant stuff and setting up a very similar scene with the pose adjustments takes more than 15 minutes on average per girl (you can double that if you need girl *MC). For some the clothes have to be fitted/adjusted as well and the girls's breast posing has to be adjusted (e.g. for push up bras or clothes). So let's say 18 girls * 15 = 270min for scene setup girl alone or twice that for girl + MC.
4) Rendering per image only takes between 3 and 5 minutes. Since I have to change outfits to do the next render and do some adjustments for teh clothes, it's not just PC(render time). I cannot do anything else in the meantime. So another 18*8*4 = 576 min.
5) After all images are done, I postwork most of them in PS. Fix some small issues, change resolution, convert to jpg from png. This is again something between 1 and 2 minutes per image. 18*8*1.5 = 216min

Now if you add all that (not counting Nr. 1), you end up with something about 1.200 min = 20 hours for about 150 renders. That's only 8 minutes per render all included. I cannot work full speed and with dedication on something that is kinda boring and repetitive like that, so it will probably take even longer in the end.
In that amount of time I can do maybe one average length individual scene with sex or an animation.

The main reason for switching to a more story based mode with individual scenes for each girl is that having everything 18 times is not only boring during creation, but also boring and repetitive to play.
Another point is that certain scenes only work with certain types of girls (as in how they look, but also considering their personality). Can you imagine the bad dream/nightmare scene from Yvette with a girl like Amy? It just wouldn't fit. There are also some things (like titfucks or other breast related scenes) that simply won't work with all girls. Same for the special scenes with Ivy. She is just too special and different.
It's a tough job and we applaud and appreciate all of the dedication you put into making an enjoyable quality product.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
500 Patreons. That calls for a Beer at Yumiko's.

(It'll go up and down around months end of course. And, unless Darkhound has switched to money up front, am sure some of those 500 are freeloaders abusing patreon's join/leave within the same month option, but still)

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
500 Patreons. That calls for a Beer at Yumiko's.

(It'll go up and down around months end of course. And, unless Darkhound has switched to money up front, am sure some of those 500 are freeloaders abusing patreon's join/leave within the same month option, but still)
Hell, I'm down for anything at Yumiko's! She's damn sexy!

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.1.2 beta - development news (updated 16/09/2018)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next main version of Holiday Island (0.1.2 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.

0.1.2 beta will include everything from 0.1.1.0 alpha including all content addons and bug fixes.

The next release is 0.1.2.0 beta (mainly new content) which includes some bug fixes as well.

The update from 0.1.1.1 to 0.1.2.0 has 267 new renders and videos right now!

New features and content
•Eva gets the lapdance poker reward scene --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta (still working on it)
•Eva gets a reward appointment, she visits you in your room --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta (still working on it)
•Heather gets a very long pole dance scene with possibility to go upstairs --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta (still working on it)
•Eva gets a long random event in a new location (hotel elevator) with different endings (30+ images and vids) --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta
•Eva gets a beach event which includes Yumiko --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta
•Possibility for random pool "distractions" will be added, starting with Yvette and Eva --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta
•Heather scene to decide on the pole dance costume has been finished --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta
•Heather, Yvette, Eva and Amy get the "flash breasts" intimate action --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta
•New intimate action "flash breasts" added --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta
•Ivy and Eva get new sexting images --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta
•The workout pull-ups scene has been improved and made longer. The fully extended scene is available for Eva right now. It has three new renders for every swimwear. The "follow me" part has been added as well, for all girls who have the "follow me" images. --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta
•Ivy gets an extended pose scene at the pool --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta
•Eva gets the workout pull-ups scene --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta
•Ivy gets the groping renders --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta
•Heather gets the groping renders --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta

Minor improvements and changes
•Possibility to compare endurance of MC with girl has been added. It's used in the Eva elevator scene to get different endings. It will be used in future scenes as well. --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta
•Text box has been made smaller and oppacity has been reduced (and can be adjusted in options) --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta
•Menu choice texts have been moved further up and oppacity has been changed as well --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta
•Changed some scenes and events achievements to multi image --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta
•Balancing change: Probability and frequency for sexting messages has been reduced --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta
•Functionality to count number of times a scene/event/appointment has been seen added. This will help to improve dialogue options --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta
•Lot's of small text and grammar improvements --> will be part of 0.1.2.0 beta

Bug fixes
•Point distribution for attractiveness has been fixed for "plane girl" --> will be fixed with 0.1.2.0 beta
•Amy pool scene, Amy+Alice shower scene, Joy second encounter: Missing interactions --> will be fixed with 0.1.2.0 beta
•Butt contest points where not properly set to 0 before each contest, so you could get strange/wrong results on the second and later butt contest. --> will be fixed with 0.1.2.0 beta
•Eva sexting is not working --> will be fixed with 0.1.2.0 beta
•Faye and Aly “Boob Event Comparison” can trigger even when Aly is not on the Island --> will be fixed with 0.1.2.0 beta

Is the update going to break save games?:
0.1.1.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.1.2.0 beta --> Same as for 0.1.1.1 beta

Estimated release dates:

0.1.2.0 beta --> unknown

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

HI1.jpg

Hi guys and gals,
with 0.1.2 beta and later versions, the choice menu will be changed.
  • Position is no longer in the middle, but very far up now
  • Oppacity has been reduced, so that you can see better what's behind
  • Spacing/distance between the menu choices has been reduced as well
Also the text box at the lower end of the screen has been changed. I have made it smaller and less intruding.

All these changes should help to get an even better game experience.

Hope you like them.

Darkhound

NextTimeMaybe

Jan 27, 2018
Guys, I keep having trouble with Desire. Whenever she's present, a bug pops up, can't do anything with her, so basically had to remove her from the island completely. Anyway to go around this?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Guys, I keep having trouble with Desire. Whenever she's present, a bug pops up, can't do anything with her, so basically had to remove her from the island completely. Anyway to go around this?
Just saying you can't do anything with her is too general. Without you describing the bug and when it occurs or better yet providing a traceback file it is impossible to say what it going on.

Reactions: junior366

NextTimeMaybe

Jan 27, 2018
Just saying you can't do anything with her is too general. Without you describing the bug and when it occurs or better yet providing a traceback file it is impossible to say what it going on.
This is one of the errors that pop up. This specific one happened, when I tried to give her chocolates. Basically, whatever I do with her results in errors. Not only that, random errors pop up in her presence even if I'm not doing anything with her specifically.
upload_2018-9-16_19-39-5.png

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Okay, I think I got it. Looks like I screwed her up with cheat codes, so will simply have to work my way back, or start a new game.
Cheat codes are great and all, better than having to grind, grind, however as the developer pointed out way back when, using them incorrectly can 'bork' the game. Try using one of your earlier saves hopefully before you used the cheat code and see if that helps.

Reactions: junior366
4.10 star(s) 219 Votes