hottarod

Oct 14, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hmmm, fasciinating idea actually. Fun with twins sounds umm, well fascinating. Maybe very hard to program though and hard to get everything right so the event works. I worked for several years programming and 1. you can't please everybody 2. it is futile and exhaustive trying. Some stuff has to be left on the cutting floor. I wsn't so much criticizing the information in the faq or guide or faq and guide. My inclination part of that needs to be organized. The general game play stuff is fine. However, I find myself constantly running searches for a playerss name or a location in one or more guide/faq pages to see what I can do to both or either. Its like being in battle mode when I run this. I have my browser up with 3 guide pages that have some various information then I'm constantly pulling up a person's profile on the phone and then ooops don't forget significant behaviour levels. If you miss one important one you have messed up the event and then my levels as the player can also flub the deal. I don't know what the record for getting through this whole game is but it has to be weeks or more unless someone never goes out, never sleeps and doesn't work anywhere(and has no life). I have had to purposefully dial myself back on the time element beyond the initial start up of getting into the program(can't see calling this a game although it is kind of gamey).

I have to say this is the most unusual and intriguing program of this nature that I have played but I am not big on playing computer games. I find most of them mindless so I get bored quick. Sorry I tend to be long fingered on posts. I will try to stop doing that.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
As Yvette race across the night, fright turns to delight.
A Pumpkin Queen beats a duck even in the sky, she rules here in all her might.
Yvette's laughter ringing for all to hear, now it is the Pumpkins that feel fear.

1572725071864.png
To darkhound1's Queen of Holiday Island
- Duckswim, Halloween #2 of #3

For their Pumpkin Queen the pumpkins now stream across the sky, a vanguard of pumpkin might
Let us race this crazy duck she laughs with delight, race until the morning ends this night.

1572726178227.png
To darkhound1, his Pumpkin Queen riding high.
- Duckswim, Halloween #3 of #3

Last edited:

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
This update is very big and should have over 500 renders when finished. The Developer has been sick, so he pushed back Amy's level 5 quest to 1.10 and has said it will be out in Nov. He has to finish Natasha's night visit & Amy talking to Jennifer. Then it will go to beta for about 3 days and then to 1.9.0 to the public, but after a week, we should see 1.9.1 which will fix known bugs. Then it will be time to wait for 1.10.

hottarod

Oct 14, 2019
just a quick question. are there any console cheats for the hot shots mini game?
I think the games are rigged. I have been watching my artificial opponents. One thing they will do is simply change the rule that says I decide if they are to remove clothing if they are getting skimpy. They just switch to shots. That is cheating. I had to change my game strategy to get the girl all licquored up first and then they would start dropping their clothes.

The other thing I see in particular is that on hangmans my opponent will sometimes guess every exact letter of the word which is pretty much impossible.

Its either this or the winner/looser of these games is already pre-determined so it is just running a script. I found that I could do some of my own cheating though. If I'm really good on the mouse I can stop the wheel where I want like auto loose, LOL. I hit that 3 times in a row on one game and then my opponent started deciding not to remove clothing and switched to shots so cheating again.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I think the games are rigged. I have been watching my artificial opponents. One thing they will do is simply change the rule that says I decide if they are to remove clothing if they are getting skimpy. They just switch to shots. That is cheating.

The other thing I see in particular is that on hangmans my opponent will sometimes every exact letter of the word which is pretty much impossible.

Its either this or the winner/looser of these games is already pre-determined so it is just running a script. I found that I could do some of my own cheating though. If I'm really good on the mouse I can stop the wheel where I want like auto loose, LOL. I hit that 3 times in a row on one game and then my opponent started deciding not to remove clothing and switched to shots so cheating again.
All of the above mentioned is completely random. The girls don't cheat. Also the letter guessing isn't "cheated" and there is no "script".
If the girls are not drunk enough, they refuse to drop clothes. They will tell you about it too :)
The only thing that is kinda "cheated" in the game is the poker game. No way I was going to write a real poker engine.
Code wise, this is probably by far the most sophisticated Ren'Py game on f95.

BNullAnon

Formerly 'igorbaum'
May 17, 2018
Downloaded the full 1.8 and the game was working, with bugs, now i downloaded the patch but the game wont load, gives me the error below, i searched for a solution but on patreon page dev said to someone who had the same problem as i did, that the game is working 100% and he (the user) installed wrong. Well, im 100% sure i did right, replaced the files on /game, and game doesnt open.

Error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/actions.rpy', 1568382255, 0) is defined twice, at game/actions.rpyc:5 and game/game/actions.rpyc:5.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Igor\Desktop\Igor\Alexia\A\2 - Not Done\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Igor\Desktop\Igor\Alexia\A\2 - Not Done\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 369, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\Igor\Desktop\Igor\Alexia\A\2 - Not Done\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 266, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\Igor\Desktop\Igor\Alexia\A\2 - Not Done\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 770, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "C:\Users\Igor\Desktop\Igor\Alexia\A\2 - Not Done\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 447, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "C:\Users\Igor\Desktop\Igor\Alexia\A\2 - Not Done\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 430, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/actions.rpy', 1568382255, 0) is defined twice, at game/actions.rpyc:5 and game/game/actions.rpyc:5.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491

Sun Nov 03 14:23:36 2019

Can someone give me a light? ty.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
You installed the patch incorrectly.
Looks like you put the "game" folder from the patch inside the "game" folder where you installed the game.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Downloaded the full 1.8 and the game was working, with bugs, now i downloaded the patch but the game wont load, gives me the error below, i searched for a solution but on patreon page dev said to someone who had the same problem as i did, that the game is working 100% and he (the user) installed wrong. Well, im 100% sure i did right, replaced the files on /game, and game doesnt open.

Error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Igor\Desktop\Igor\Alexia\A\2 - Not Done\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Igor\Desktop\Igor\Alexia\A\2 - Not Done\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 369, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\Igor\Desktop\Igor\Alexia\A\2 - Not Done\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 266, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\Igor\Desktop\Igor\Alexia\A\2 - Not Done\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 770, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "C:\Users\Igor\Desktop\Igor\Alexia\A\2 - Not Done\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 447, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "C:\Users\Igor\Desktop\Igor\Alexia\A\2 - Not Done\HolidayIsland-0.1.8.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 430, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491

Sun Nov 03 14:23:36 2019

Can someone give me a light? ty.
Well without seeing the full traceback (preferably behind a 'Spoiler' tag) it is hard to say. However, as MonsieurX mentioned above it does appear you have installed the patch incorrectly. My suggestion would be to save your 'Save' folder somewhere you can find it and then delete everything and try again. Another suggestion would be once you have downloaded and uncompressed the patch, instead of just copying the 'Game' folder into the 0.1.8.0 directory, actually open the patch 'Game' folder and select all files and copy them. Then open the 'Game' folder of the 0.1.8.0 install and paste and replace all files. Now you can add back your 'Save' folder.

cmntmstr

Jul 29, 2019
I keep getting this error with the update... any help?

File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 198, in script call
call _gl_test
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 442, in script
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 442, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 359, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 384, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/window_icon.png'.

Full traceback:
File "/private/var/folders/kw/xpz87lnj55l2dm2cd9hcrtgc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/93160B40-A129-447C-86C2-672FADDDDC7C/d/HolidayIsland.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/private/var/folders/kw/xpz87lnj55l2dm2cd9hcrtgc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/93160B40-A129-447C-86C2-672FADDDDC7C/d/HolidayIsland.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 525, in main
run(restart)
File "/private/var/folders/kw/xpz87lnj55l2dm2cd9hcrtgc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/93160B40-A129-447C-86C2-672FADDDDC7C/d/HolidayIsland.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "/private/var/folders/kw/xpz87lnj55l2dm2cd9hcrtgc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/93160B40-A129-447C-86C2-672FADDDDC7C/d/HolidayIsland.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/execution.py", line 892, in run_context
context.run()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "/private/var/folders/kw/xpz87lnj55l2dm2cd9hcrtgc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/93160B40-A129-447C-86C2-672FADDDDC7C/d/HolidayIsland.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 900, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/private/var/folders/kw/xpz87lnj55l2dm2cd9hcrtgc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/93160B40-A129-447C-86C2-672FADDDDC7C/d/HolidayIsland.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 442, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 359, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 384, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
File "/private/var/folders/kw/xpz87lnj55l2dm2cd9hcrtgc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/93160B40-A129-447C-86C2-672FADDDDC7C/d/HolidayIsland.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "/private/var/folders/kw/xpz87lnj55l2dm2cd9hcrtgc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/93160B40-A129-447C-86C2-672FADDDDC7C/d/HolidayIsland.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 2653, in interact
self.start()
File "/private/var/folders/kw/xpz87lnj55l2dm2cd9hcrtgc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/93160B40-A129-447C-86C2-672FADDDDC7C/d/HolidayIsland.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 1800, in start
self.set_mode()
File "/private/var/folders/kw/xpz87lnj55l2dm2cd9hcrtgc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/93160B40-A129-447C-86C2-672FADDDDC7C/d/HolidayIsland.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 2038, in set_mode
if draw.set_mode(virtual_size, physical_size, fullscreen):
File "gldraw.pyx", line 207, in renpy.gl.gldraw.GLDraw.set_mode
File "/private/var/folders/kw/xpz87lnj55l2dm2cd9hcrtgc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/93160B40-A129-447C-86C2-672FADDDDC7C/d/HolidayIsland.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 1833, in post_init
self.set_icon()
File "/private/var/folders/kw/xpz87lnj55l2dm2cd9hcrtgc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/93160B40-A129-447C-86C2-672FADDDDC7C/d/HolidayIsland.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 1864, in set_icon
renpy.loader.load(icon),
File "/private/var/folders/kw/xpz87lnj55l2dm2cd9hcrtgc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/93160B40-A129-447C-86C2-672FADDDDC7C/d/HolidayIsland.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/window_icon.png'.

Darwin-17.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Holiday Island 0.1.8.2
Sun Nov 3 17:25:37 2019

Potoum

Apr 28, 2018
I was editing the same post i did previously but i'm not sure it will get attention so i'll make a new post. Maybe these are known bugs, i'm not sure. But these are the one I have found so far...
LOOKS stat need some information on how it's working!!!
/EDIT: Edited same post, don't want to pollute the thread for no reason.
Found bug in ranking contest(second place). And (IF)-check for deck of card missing for bartender.

Last edited:

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Holy shit did he completely change the character models from when this was first released. I'd played this a while back and the girls from what I recall didn't look any where near as nice or detailed. That said I smoke a lot of pot so I'm checking here.
Numbers are number of images or videos in the game for a certain version.
1572849554568.png

What you are experiencing, besides pot, is that newer content (last 12 months) shifted to lossless webp & webm and the render resolutions increased to 2560x1440. So better image quality and resolutions.

Older content is on a running basis shifted to the new setup. So you can met both old and new for the same girls.

Last edited:

hottarod

Oct 14, 2019
All of the above mentioned is completely random. The girls don't cheat. Also the letter guessing isn't "cheated" and there is no "script".
If the girls are not drunk enough, they refuse to drop clothes. They will tell you about it too :)
The only thing that is kinda "cheated" in the game is the poker game. No way I was going to write a real poker engine.
Code wise, this is probably by far the most sophisticated Ren'Py game on f95.
My appologies. Felt like I was being cheated and in a way it is but then it is somewhat common that alcohol and tequila in particular with my ex wife was a liquid panty remover, LOL. I guess I have been butting heads with the game champion hot shot player which would be Amy, LOL. Its uh, tit for tat though. I've passed her out a few times, she has passed me out a few times and then there has been some FUN too but I like a challenge. That is really a fun game. I was contemplating how you write a random hangman game based on a human's knowledge of vocabulary so that they make reasonable guesses and I don't think I really want to know since I am now out of the coding business. Without sounding like a brag, I am something of an ace at scrabble though but then I love the game. Back on hangman, early letter guesses are pretty easy. We have the below but once some of the word starts to gel together the guesses would become more specific fpr a human. E – 57 A – 43 R – 39 I – 38 O – 37 T – 35 N – 34 S – 29 L – 28 C – 23,
U – 19 D – 17 P – 16 M – 15+ H – 15 G – 13 B – 11 F – 9+ Y – 9 W – 7 K – 6 V – 5 X – 1+ Z – 1+,
J – 1+ Q – 1

Sorry. I was an analyst for years, information technology systems analyst. Its in my brain and sometimes hard to turn off.

I haen't been on here long enough for any game character polls but it would be nice to have more content for Delizia in particular and I've seen that mentioned a few times. A a repeat capability of her appreciation for training would be really nice if there isn't one. If there is I haven't figured it out yet. I also gravitate toward Lacey, Renee, Alice, well in general, my tastes have been toward athletic women but still well proportioned and not flat chested. Huge bonkers just don't get me going so much as getting in the way.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 219 Votes