Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Characters polls are for $10 or $5 patrons.
Delizia sex scene at the gym is repeatable if I recall correctly.

hottarod

Oct 14, 2019
I tend to limit my patreon donations to 5 bucks. I signed on the other day. I feel a need to request a non-lesbian version of this program which I don't really expect to happen because Amy, Alice, Desire, Jessica and possibly Heather(lesbian in training, LOL) are all "bisexual" and I've known some bisexual women and dated a few. Maybe Renee, Eva, Delizia and Lacey are not. Yvette might not be but she drove me bonkers so I sent her to the cornfield. My general experience has been that these types of women only use men for what they can get and are actually lesbians in truth. This is even true in the game because they were all paid handsomely to be there and to be "nice" to the guy. Programming imitates real life after all. I had one trying to move into my place on me. I should have known since many of the characters of this game are models and lesbianism is rampant in the modelling industry. The lesbian encounters go on in this game behind the players view all the time. Women masturbating I can deal with but tribbing? Uhhhh. I am a man after all. I don't know how many women have signed up to this game but probably none since the primary character is a guy but in fact, he is a VERY beta looing effeminate guy. It is apparent when the endurance and lust of 2 girls simultaneously drops somewhere that they have been off diddling each other. You can even find the lesbian peg counters to verify it. I am really not interested in playing a lesbian game. If I send all the carpet munchers to the cornfield are there enough non carpet munchers to populate the game?

Last edited:
Reactions: battali0n

Anon-e-Mouse

Oct 3, 2017
darkhound1, I've applied the latest updates, first from 1.7.2 to 1.8.0, then patched to 1.8.2, and I've got the many of the same problems after updating to 1.8.2 as in 1.8.0: Many of the pictures, achievements and level-ups I had have disappeared.
Poker has also thrown me a couple curve balls - some girls show no pictures from having previously played (and lost), but some of the pictures from after the game are still there. Desire is a really strange case, because I've played and won, and the pics of the lapdance and 1st tittyfuck are present, but the pics of her coming to the room to play and after beating her are missing, and when I ask her to play, she says, "We already played poker this week!" There are other girls with pictures and events I should have that are missing, even though later events/pictures are still there.
I know I installed the patch correctly (I deleted everything but my saves and reinstalled from scratch after finding these problems, just to be sure). I haven't had a crash, so I can't offer an error report, but I'm thoroughly confused!
Anyone else having any of these gremlins???
PS - LOVE this game! Errors or not, it's my favorite on here! Keep up the great work!!!

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
0.1.8 is a full version which should always be installed in a new folder.
There is no update from 0.1.7.2 to 0.1.8.
The updater does not touch the achievements already done, only the list of available achievements. There are some rare cases were an achievement is removed on purpose do to fundamental changes of the achievement. But nothing like that is done from 0.1.7.2 to 0.1.8.2.
So I have no idea how that is possible.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I am really not interested in playing a lesbian game. If I send all the carpet munchers to the cornfield are there enough non carpet munchers to populate the game?
I don't share your opinion, but I still think it's a valid point for discussion. So I have set up a patreon poll.
$5 and up:

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Some previews of 1920x1080 screen setting (0.1.9 beta)

Hello guys and gals,

the attached images are right from the game without any post work.
The screen resolution setting is 1920x1080. As you can see, the image quality of the overlay images is really a lot better.
What's new:
  • All 6 doctor base images have been redone in double resolution webp format
  • Yvette, Heather, Amy, Faye and Jessica got new renders for all their basic images in double resolution webp format (Amy_swim0_base, etc.)
  • The way the girl (and guy) images that are part of the UI are displayed has been changed. Now they are much sharper.
  • Preview image quality on the phone when at the achievements overview pages has been greatly improved.
  • Responsiveness of the phone has been improved when you check the achievements.
I hope the improvements are worth to wait a little longer for the new version.
Darkhound

screenshot0001.jpg screenshot0002.jpg screenshot0003.jpg screenshot0004.jpg

Original post:

EDIT: This is another one of those patreon posts that I made "patron only" for the sole reason that it might contain unsave images.

Aurelio1

Dec 30, 2018
Trying to complete Mercedes atm but for the skimpy outfit/clothes I ran into an error.
Yes I used the search function and did find the same error posted by someone else (Post #11,682 ) but with no solution. (If I missed it then I'm sorry)

The error:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: I have the mod that is linked on the first page installed.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
darkhound1
As long as you are redoing the doctor images in higher res, is there any chance that you can add the doctor's flash and grope images to the special achievement? Or perhaps the problem with adding them becomes even more severe?

Reactions: brianiac

Aurelio1

Dec 30, 2018
Also another issue I face:
When you have 5 out of 5 sneaking you're not able to increase Miriam's lust.
As the FAQ says you need to be caught looking at her ass and then after a charm check she gains lust, but if you don't get caught and instead make the noise via choice, only affection and max affection get increased.
Tried it 20 times, doesn't matter if she is there or if we have to wait for her to appear, the result is the same.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Aurelio1

With a full traceback posted behind a SPOILER tag, the people who know the tech better than I may be able to diagnose your problem.

More than likely it is the memory leak, though. Darkhound1 has mostly stopped the crashing, but sometimes it still happens with scenes which use a lot of high res graphics like Mercedes' skimpy clothes show.

So your graphics card may not have enough memory to handle it without crashing the game.
Try opening the console with <SHIFT-o> and typing in:

renpy.free_memory()

This will free up memory and may solve your problem.
Let us know if it works.

Aurelio1

Dec 30, 2018
Aurelio1

With a full traceback posted behind a SPOILER tag, the people who know the tech better than I may be able to diagnose your problem.

More than likely it is the memory leak, though. Darkhound1 has mostly stopped the crashing, but sometimes it still happens with scenes which use a lot of high res graphics like Mercedes' skimpy clothes show.

So your graphics card may not have enough memory to handle it without crashing the game.
Try opening the console with <SHIFT-o> and typing in:

renpy.free_memory()

This will free up memory and may solve your problem.
Let us know if it works.

Did as suggested before walking to Mercedes room and getting the correct scene, but it crashed at the same dialog line as before.
Though the assumption might be correct since I play on a cheap laptop.

What I do find amusing is after I clicked on 'Ignore' I was able to continue with the Photoshot minigame.
So I guess I have to thank you for that xD

Reactions: Puppet Master

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
It may not have helped, and something else may be wrong, but if it did help, doing it during the scene may get you to the end.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.1.9 beta - development news (updated 05. Nov. 2019)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.1.9 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.​
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.1.8.0 release.​

The next release is 0.1.9.0 beta which will be a full update!
It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes.

The update from 0.1.8.0 to 0.1.9.0 has 542 new renders, videos and sound files right now!

New features and content

Natasha's "breast expansion" quest will be concluded --> will be added with 0.1.9.0 (still working on it)
Image quality of character overlay images especially when playing in higher resolutions has been greatly improved --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
The game resolution in window mode can be selected now: 1280x720 or 1600x900 or 1920x1080 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets an event talking with Jennifer at the night bar --> will be added with 0.1.9.0 (still working on it)
Amy gets a quest to increase max love to level 5 --> will not be part of 0.1.9
Amy gets a quest to increase max affection to level 4 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0 (still working on it)
Amy gets a quest to increase max love to level 4 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a third private massage appointment at her room (as part of her max love level 4 quest) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a second private massage appointment at her room (as part of her max love level 4 quest) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a private massage appointment at her room (as part of her max love level 4 quest) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a second private workout appointment at the gym (as part of her max affection level 4 quest) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a quest to increase max affection to level 4 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a posing event at the gym as part of her max love level 3 quest --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a private workout appointment at the gym (as part of her max love level 3 quest) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a quest to increase max love to level 3 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a quest to increase max affection to level 3 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Faye gets her hotshots scene that ends with an animation --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Yvette gets a lapdance poker reward scene --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Yvette gets high res poker images and 3 additional images as well --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
The right-side UI panel will get a new look, similar to the one on the left. Also, the save buttons will be added on the left lower side as well (with auto hide feature) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Player can learn how to give a proper massage; Renée is the teacher. This is a quest with two massage sessions. --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Brenda gets all the reception uniform renders --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Getting the encryption key and hacking sub dermal implants for all special characters except Joy will be possible --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
A third quest to get the encryption key of the sub dermal implants has been made available --> will be added with 0.1.9.0

Minor improvements and changes

Loading old saves with error "could not find return label..." will no longer crash the game, but will leave the scene instead. It's not a perfect solution, but at least the save game will still be useable. Unfortunately to allow this, some Ren'Py base code had to be changed. --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Ren'Py has been updated to the latest version 7.3.5.606 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Heather gets high res webp character images for swimwear and nightwear --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Yvette gets high res webp character images for swimwear and nightwear --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
The poker game (for high res webp images) gets shortened sequences when you see her strip to a certain clothing state the second time during a game. There are also some short chat lines when she wins back some clothes. --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Renée gets a new dream image from the massage training --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Jessica's "follow me" renders have been upgraded to double resolution webp images --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
All regular girls get a "Wet T-shirt" participation appointment --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
All "Wet T-shirt" images have been converted from png to webp format (this saves about 50 MB of space) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Android loading screen and icon changed --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Name input fixed on Android version (did not work on some devices) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Updated Ren'Py version to 7.3.2.320 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Two shopping items (for Amy's quests) have been added --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
A new shopping item (protein shake) has been added to replenish endurance --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Background images (first indoor) will be redone in high res 2560x1440 webp format to replace the existing low-res jpg images (unfortunately this was a lot more work than I had anticipated) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Sending of sexting images has been adjusted. You will now get unseen lower tier images instead of repeats --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets 2 new sexting images and updates to her old sexting images (higher res and webp format) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0

Balancing changes:

Necessary endurance train points when having 50 max endurance has been reduced to 3, so you can get to 60 endurance after initial half week when you use the massage once. Reason: Having only 50 endurance hurts gameplay too much --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
charm train points to get from 1 to 2 have been reduced from 6 to 5, to make it easier to advance after the first half week. All others have been slightly increased, because gaining charm was too easy --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
You will start a new game with 25 company favor now, which will allow to buy the smart watch much earlier --> will be added with 0.1.9.0

Bug fixes

If you played poker against the bar keeper too recently and asked her again, she first accepted, you got send to your room and then she declined. --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0
When Eva wins the Butt or wet Tee shirt contest, she invites the MC to her room, but then at the appointed hour, she instead comes to the MC's room. --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0
When you try to give a gift to Amy in the restaurant, you get a crash: IOError: Couldn't find file 'characters/amy/Amy_night0_base.png --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0
Mercedes posing scene: Crash with "IndexError: list index out of range" - only happens when you started a new game in version 0.1.8.0 or later --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0
Fixed a crash when you visit Amy's room and she is in her swimwear: could not find image (u'characters/Amy/Amy_swim3_base.png') --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0
There is still a bug concerning the sequence when sexting images are shown. As a result, you might not be able to see them all, or get strange sorting, etc. (there is nothing wrong with the game data, it only needs a code update) --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0

Is the update going to break save games?

0.1.8.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.1.9.0 beta --> same as for 0.1.8.2​

Estimated release dates:

0.1.9.0 beta --> no idea yet

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes