darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
You're assuming that people know their shit but they don't :)
Some don't know how to extract a multi part archives or a .rar file.
Remember the "use_fixed_resolution.txt.txt" because of hidden extension file :)
Some don't know how to copy and past the "saves" folder from previous game version.
So, yes, he's probably missing the webp codec.
I wasn't assuming anything like that, quite the opposite :)
From how the question was phrased, I assumed is that the one asking doesn't know much about file formats or how he needs to ask to get an answer that he can use for what he wants to get done.
That's why I wasn't happy with the answer, because yes, it answered the question asked (in a way at least), but it probably wasn't what the guy asking really wanted to ask, have or needs.
Here is a funny (but unfortunately too true) example from project management.
project_management.jpg

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Holiday Island Fan Signatures

I have added a Wet T-shirt Fan Signature to my original post should anyone want to use it (see below sample)

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-2-0-0-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-3042125

Wet_T_contest.png

This will be my last Fan Signature Banner.
I will if new Characters or Clothes are added to the game, amend or add to the existing Banners in the future.

Thanks, keep safe, and keep washing your hands.

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.2.1 beta - development news (updated 30. March 2020)
Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.2.1 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.​
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.0.0 release.​
The next release is 0.2.0.1 beta which will be an incremental update.
It will include a some new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.0.0 to 0.2.1.0 has:
165 additional renders, videos or sound files
updated renders (Yumiko poker, Heather poker)

New features and content
  • Yumiko gets a poker reward scene --> still working on it
  • Desire will get the "heat" scene after the hotshots game --> still working on it
  • Desire will get the hotshots game scene in the nightbar --> will be part of 0.2.0.1
  • Yumiko gets an improved poker appointment with new renders and text --> will be part of 0.2.0.1
  • Eva will get the "heat" scene after the hotshots game --> will be part of 0.2.0.1
  • Eva will get the hotshots game scene in the nightbar --> will be part of 0.2.0.1
  • Yvette gets a package of scenes in the sauna (4 achievements) with several animations --> will be part of 0.2.0.1
  • Mercedes gets a short scene in front of the sauna --> will be part of 0.2.0.1
  • Yumiko can participate in the Wet-T contest now --> will be part of 0.2.0.1
  • Mercedes can participate in the Wet-T contest now --> will be part of 0.2.0.1
  • The sauna will be available as a regular location you can go to --> will be part of 0.2.0.1
  • Heather gets an improved poker appointment with new renders and text --> will be part of 0.2.0.1
Minor improvements and changes
  • Hotshots now supports images in 2560x1440 size in addition to the old 1920x1080 image size --> will be part of 0.2.0.1
  • You will have twice the number of save game slots now. A scroll bar has been added to each "save page" --> will be part of 0.2.0.1
Bug fixes
  • On some systems there are code conversion error with Renée during the update phase --> will be fixed with 0.2.0.1
  • If you missed an appointment from Joy's "Desires and Wishes" mailbox quest line, she will not send a new one and you can't get another one at reception --> will be fixed with 0.2.0.1
  • The weight lifting/bench presses workout did not increase the workout per week counter for some girls --> will be fixed with 0.2.0.1
  • If you missed the appointment to stay the night with Amy, she did not send a new one --> will be fixed with 0.2.0.1
  • Amy max love/affection quest line. There was a bug that could lead to a wrong quest sequence. You could do the arm wrestling before the massage, screwing up the quest line --> will be fixed with 0.2.0.1

Is the update going to break save games?:

0.2.0.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:

0.2.0.1 beta --> no idea yet

yumyymm

Jun 9, 2019
Great game! Personally I would like to see a 4th even smaller bikini option for all the girls, as well as a nude option, and also some anal sex.

Reactions: brianiac

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Great game! Personally I would like to see a 4th even smaller bikini option for all the girls, as well as a nude option, and also some anal sex.
Would very much like to see some new content with Aly...
Become a patron of darkhound1 and vote in the next polls when he looks for new ideas.

Although, anal sex ain't going to happen. Well maybe if you get arrested, sent to prison, and they let you have a tablet to play the game on.

Hammy128

Dec 3, 2017
Does anyone know how to get the scenes in the gym shower? As well as the visits to the girls room during different times of the day?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Image display in new player room changed (0.2.1 preview)

Hello everyone,​
I have changed the way images are displayed in the new player room.​
This will make the image positioning more accurate, but above all it will greatly improve image quality.​
Technically what I did is to crop first and zoom the image later, using "scene image zoom ...", instead of zooming first using "im.Scale" and crop later.​
I think the result is quite spectacular and makes for a big difference.​
You can compare the two images to see for yourself.​
I hope you like the change.​

darkhound1

screenshot0001.png

screenshot0002.png

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Image display in new player room changed (0.2.1 preview)

Hello everyone,​
I have changed the way images are displayed in the new player room.​
This will make the image positioning more accurate, but above all it will greatly improve image quality.​
Technically what I did is to crop first and zoom the image later, using "scene image zoom ...", instead of zooming first using "im.Scale" and crop later.​
I think the result is quite spectacular and makes for a big difference.​
You can compare the two images to see for yourself.​
I hope you like the change.​

darkhound1

View attachment 603555

View attachment 603556
I am struggling to tell the difference, all I see is Boobs :geek:

SD_HD Meme.jpg eye-contact-test-you-lose.png

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
If others like me just got hit by what is apparently an attempt at a UI called Beta 3.0
Then going to preferences and clicking around a bit until Style : UI.X.Dark is an option will restore the old.

Matter of taste of course, personally I prefer UIs I can actually read, tends to be a bonus in all written communication.

Last edited:

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
If others like me just got hit by what is apparently an attempt at a UI called Beta 3.0
Then going to preferences and clicking around a bit until Style : UI.X.Dark is an option will restore the old.

Matter of taste of course, personally I prefer UIs I can actually read, tends to be a bonus in all written communication.
That was a bad forced UI style.
Below the default UI style.

1585693744365.png

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes