bogeyparr

Donor
Oct 12, 2017
So what you're saying is that you messed with the resolution.
I am not smart enough to know what the problem is. I just cant play game as I get these weird notepad error messages. I don't even know how to show them to anyone. I cant save the game by the escape key. the damn notepad exception occur
s

Last edited:

bogeyparr

Donor
Oct 12, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
MemoryError:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\Vlatko\New folder\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\Vlatko\New folder\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 581, in main
renpy.persistent.update(True)
File "E:\Vlatko\New folder\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 391, in update
save()
File "E:\Vlatko\New folder\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 406, in save
data = dumps(renpy.game.persistent).encode("zlib")
File "E:\Vlatko\New folder\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 56, in dumps
return cPickle.dumps(o, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
MemoryError:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.2.0.0

Can anyone help ? Earlier version i could play this game, now i cant even click preference to set the resolution. The game simply freeze :/
I need help too.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I am not smart enough to know what the problem is. I just cant play game as I get these weird notepad error messages. I don't even know how to show them to anyone. I cant save the game by the escape key. the damn notepad exception occur
s
I need help too.
I tried-it didn't work for me
You still haven't told us what you did when you started the game. We suspect that you started the game and then clicked preferences and then tried to change the resolution, but we are just speculating. If you want help, you need to explain in detail what you did prior to the game crashing.

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
I think there is a miscalculation in favor points for Amy after getting to the 2nd tier. When you ask her to lounge at the pool and pose, because you don't have her affection high enough you have to spend favor points. Well in the Dialogue she asks for 18 FP but in the pop up on the side it deducts 22 FP.
1586840688492.png 1586840712073.png

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Geez the Frame setup is A LOT to be desired. Could have used something a lot more simpler by allowing for the directional controls to be mouse driven just like when the girls are doing there photo sessions instead of having to click multiple times just to get the frame to move from 1 side of the picture to the other. Unlike some where they may want 3 separate pictures of either the same girl or different ones for their frames, I prefer to do a split picture of 1 photo spread across all 3 frames so that it looks like you have the WHOLE photo on the wall.
The developer is very open to making improvements, especially in the UI.
However, you need to give some examples of how the new room frames could be improved. I agree that moving the frame a pixel at a time seems like a pain, but how do you suggest it be improved?
Maybe +10 right, left, up and down buttons would help move the frame selector across the image faster. Then once you get in the vicinity, use the regular +1 buttons to zero in on what you want.
As said, the button with a T gives you the one pic across all 3 frames. Maybe a 3 instead of a T on the button would be better, but a mouseover of the button will tell you what it does.
Maybe here, moving the frames closer together and adding a fourth would help. However, there have been a lot of problems making this function stable so that it doesn't cause crashes. Changing things is a delicate process.
I look forward to hearing your suggestions. If they are workable, maybe the developer can add them. If they are too much work for how much benefit they provide, then they won't be added at this time. Maybe if Renpy improves, that will change.

Reactions: brianiac

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
However, you need to give some examples of how the new room frames could be improved. I agree that moving the frame a pixel at a time seems like a pain, but how do you suggest it be improved?
Maybe +10 right, left, up and down buttons would help move the frame selector across the image faster. Then once you get in the vicinity, use the regular +1 buttons to zero in on what you want.
As said, the button with a T gives you the one pic across all 3 frames. Maybe a 3 instead of a T on the button would be better, but a mouseover of the button will tell you what it does.
Maybe here, moving the frames closer together and adding a fourth would help. However, there have been a lot of problems making this function stable so that it doesn't cause crashes. Changing things is a delicate process.
I look forward to hearing your suggestions. If they are workable, maybe the developer can add them. If they are too much work for how much benefit they provide, then they won't be added at this time. Maybe if Renpy improves, that will change.
It's a math problem beside others. Keeping the frame inside the picture at all times and avoiding crashes with "rectangular surface outside drawing area" is a pain in the ass.
It becomes a lot worse if I allow moving the frame with the mouse "somehow". How exactly is also a good question. Drag&drop sucks, click on spot which will be used as frame center might work, but you will almost always have to use the arrows to fine tune.
There is already a button for tripple frame with one click. But it has problems too, because checking for all three areas if they are inside the image is a pain, so it's not done right now.
All in all it's one of those things where you get too little benefit for far too much effort, so I didn't improve it further until now.

EDIT:
I have added the functionality to use the mouse to center the frame and the mouse scroll wheel to increase/decrease the frame size.
Also When you hover the mouse over the "T" (tripple frame) button, two additional frames will be shown, left and right of main frame to give you an idea what you will get from the tripple frame function.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.2.1 beta - development news (updated 14. April 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.2.1 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.​
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.0.0 release.​
The next release is 0.2.1.0 beta which will be a full update for Windows, Mac and Android.
It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.0.0 to 0.2.1.0 has:
287 additional renders, videos or sound files
updated renders (Yumiko poker, Heather poker, Desire sexting)

New features and content
  • Desire will get the "heat" scene after the hotshots game --> still working on it
  • Heather gets a "Desires and Wishes" quest to obtain the "sexy nurse" outfit --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a second poker reward scene --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a poker reward scene --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • The "companion mod for Holiday island": gets a bigger update and will be available on my patreon together with 0.2.1 as a separate download --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets the nightbar drink scene at the (standing at the bar) in the new outfit (two achievements) --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a new "sexy nurse" outfit for the evening (basic renders) --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yumiko gets a poker reward scene --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Desire will get the hotshots game scene in the nightbar --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yumiko gets an improved poker appointment with new renders and text --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Eva will get the "heat" scene after the hotshots game --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Eva will get the hotshots game scene in the nightbar --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yvette gets a package of scenes in the sauna (4 achievements) with several animations --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Mercedes gets a short scene in front of the sauna --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yumiko can participate in the Wet-T contest now --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Mercedes can participate in the Wet-T contest now --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • The sauna will be available as a regular location you can go to --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets an improved poker appointment with new renders and text --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • Brenda's photo studio appointment is repeatable now --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Desire's sexting images have been upgraded to 2560x1440 webp format and 4 new ones have been added --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Image quality of "wall images" in new player room has been greatly improved --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Hotshots now supports images in 2560x1440 size in addition to the old 1920x1080 image size --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • You will have twice the number of save game slots now. A scroll bar has been added to each "save page" --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
Bug fixes
  • The new posing interface had some image sizing and text order inconsistencies --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • On some systems there are code conversion error with Renée during the update phase --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • If you missed an appointment from Joy's "Desires and Wishes" mailbox quest line, she will not send a new one and you can't get another one at reception --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • The weight lifting/bench presses workout did not increase the workout per week counter for some girls --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • If you missed the appointment to stay the night with Amy, she did not send a new one --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • Amy max love/affection quest line. There was a bug that could lead to a wrong quest sequence. You could do the arm wrestling before the massage, screwing up the quest line --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0

Is the update going to break save games?:

0.2.1.0 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:

0.2.1.0 beta --> no idea yet

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
It's a math problem beside others. Keeping the frame inside the picture at all times and avoiding crashes with "rectangular surface outside drawing area" is a pain in the ass.
It becomes a lot worse if I allow moving the frame with the mouse "somehow". How exactly is also a good question. Drag&drop sucks, click on spot which will be used as frame center might work, but you will almost always have to use the arrows to fine tune.
There is already a button for tripple frame with one click. But it has problems too, because checking for all three areas if they are inside the image is a pain, so it's not done right now.
All in all it's one of those things where you get too little benefit for far too much effort, so I didn't improve it further until now.

EDIT:
I have added the functionality to use the mouse to center the frame and the mouse scroll wheel to increase/decrease the frame size.
Also When you hover the mouse over the "T" (tripple frame) button, two additional frames will be shown, left and right of main frame to give you an idea what you will get from the tripple frame function.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What I was referring to was kind of what Darkhound1 has sort of touched on in that leave the controls on the side of the Photo frame selector but allow for mouse control of the frame itself so that you can freely move the frame to where you want it on the photo and then use the controls on the right to fine tune the frame so that you can do something like this a whole lot easier.
1586873431401.png
Now in this screenshot I gave up on trying to get the 3rd (right pic frame) because of the time it takes to move the frame selector to the correct position and having to mentally remember where the right edge of the middle frame was at so the the left edge of the right frame would line up to give a proper 3 frame panoramic. If there was mouse control over the frame selector as I mentioned in the previous post it would make that process easier.

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
Dracconis69
I'm not sure when Darkhound1 edited his post, but it seems like he's already implimenting what you say for 2.1.
Also, did you try the T button?
Although the "T" button does what was mentioned it does not give you the proper look as what 1 would be wanting.
1586874910325.png
If you notice that the pics using the "T" button make it look weird if not bad with their alignment of each pic most noticeably with the middle and right in this particular case.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Although the "T" button does what was mentioned it does not give you the proper look as what 1 would be wanting.
View attachment 619941
If you notice that the pics using the "T" button make it look weird if not bad with their alignment of each pic most noticeably with the middle and right in this particular case.
There is nothing wrong with the aligment. You only think it is, because the arms are pointing down. There is no way to automatically adjust positions using information like image content.
Have a look at the below image. There is nothing wrong with the positioning. I only moved the frames closer together.
Untitled-1.jpg

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
All I was saying is what you already eluded to in that using mouse to be able to move the frame selector around with the option of the in/out zoom feature and then using the controls to fine tune the frames.

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
Is it possible to get "string" changed to either "panties" or "thong"? In the context of the situations when it is mentioned "string" just sounds so wrong in a multitude of ways. Don't get me wrong this game is an AMAZING game and the sheer amount of content is overwhelming (in a positive way) compared to other games for how long this game has been under development. Now I will apologize if either the Dev or whomever is writing the dialogues for the game if their native language is not English.

bogeyparr

Donor
Oct 12, 2017
You still haven't told us what you did when you started the game. We suspect that you started the game and then clicked preferences and then tried to change the resolution, but we are just speculating. If you want help, you need to explain in detail what you did prior to the game crashing.
I deleted old game because it wouldn't work. then I downloaded game again, i started fresh ne
I had trouble with game working so I deleted it and downloaded again hoping afresh start would work. so I start
I deleted old game which stopped
I deleted old game which stopped working. hoping a fresh start would help. I started new game and it works at first but when I hit escape key to save I get the message about and error or exception. when I close pc down and start back
same thing happens

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I deleted old game because it wouldn't work. then I downloaded game again, i started fresh ne
I had trouble with game working so I deleted it and downloaded again hoping afresh start would work. so I start

I deleted old game which stopped
I deleted old game which stopped working. hoping a fresh start would help. I started new game and it works at first but when I hit escape key to save I get the message about and error or exception. when I close pc down and start back
same thing happens
Within the folder where you have installed the game, there will be a traceback.txt file, may look something like this:
Capture.PNG

On this screen, in the lower left-hand corner, is a button labelled Attach files. Click it and select the Traceback file on your computer and attach it to your next post. That is the only way we can have any idea of what may be causing the game to crash.

Reactions: bogeyparr

bogeyparr

Donor
Oct 12, 2017
Within the folder where you have installed the game, there will be a traceback.txt file, may look something like this:
View attachment 620102

On this screen, in the lower left-hand corner, is a button labelled Attach files. Click it and select the Traceback file on your computer and attach it to your next post. That is the only way we can have any idea of what may be causing the game to crash.
sent ty

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I hope you can help with my crash. ty
No guarantee, but try this.

From the developer's Patreon page...

Resolution change option makes the game unplayable on some systems. For all of you that get crashes as soon as you click on "preferences" or "load", please apply the fix attached "use_fixed_resolution_720" and extract it into your \game folder.
What it will do is the following:
It will remove the resolution options and also the auto window scaling. After you have applied the patch, you will also be able to manually scale the game window again (e.g. maximizing it).

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes