Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
How do I know that a week passed to call back Yvette? More importantly, if I screw up the timeline and have that 7 days pass, do I have to start again?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
How do I know that a week passed to call back Yvette? More importantly, if I screw up the timeline and have that 7 days pass, do I have to start again?
Being a seasoned gamer, I'm sure you have a save point prior to Yvette leaving to help her sister. Save your game at its current point and load that save. See what day Yvette leaves. Let's say it was Tuesday. Now load your game again from where you were and check the day. Wait till Wednesday or better yet, Thursday and invite her back.

bogeyparr

Donor
Oct 12, 2017
No guarantee, but try this.

From the developer's Patreon page...

Resolution change option makes the game unplayable on some systems. For all of you that get crashes as soon as you click on "preferences" or "load", please apply the fix attached "use_fixed_resolution_720" and extract it into your \game folder.
What it will do is the following:
It will remove the resolution options and also the auto window scaling. After you have applied the patch, you will also be able to manually scale the game window again (e.g. maximizing it).

it worked)) thanks a million! I love this game. I want to contribute monthy to
No guarantee, but try this.

From the developer's Patreon page...

Resolution change option makes the game unplayable on some systems. For all of you that get crashes as soon as you click on "preferences" or "load", please apply the fix attached "use_fixed_resolution_720" and extract it into your \game folder.
What it will do is the following:
It will remove the resolution options and also the auto window scaling. After you have applied the patch, you will also be able to manually scale the game window again (e.g. maximizing it).

it worked!!! thanks a million)) I love this game and f95zone. how to contribute?

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
Also 1 way to check is to go to the Receptionist and ask to bring a new girl where you will be presented with the options available to you. IF Yvette is in the list, then you can invite her back. That is what happened to me as I didn't know either. So I started checking everyday when I thought she should be able to come back until she was ready to.

Reactions: brianiac

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
it worked)) thanks a million! I love this game. I want to contribute monthly to
it worked!!! thanks a million)) I love this game and f95zone. how to contribute?
Well that depends on who you want to donate to. You can become a patron of the game developer, darkhound1, by visiting his Patreon page and selecting a level. Each has its own benefits which are outlined.

Or you can make a donation to F95Zone by clicking on the Donate button at the top of the page.

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
I think that there is a missing "Love" icon for when having a drink with Amy and trying to get the bathroom scene. As you can see in the 2 screenshots there is a love check fail, but if you look at the "scenes" for Amy it only shows a level 2 yellow heart (Affection) in order to be able to get this achievement and before you say that her 50 Affection/ 35 Love/ 100 Lust is too low to get this achievement then I ask how is it possible to get the first 3 "Hotshots" achievements that required a level 3 yellow heart (Affection)? 1586921376821.png 1586921288588.png

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
Ever thought of making a note?
Either on paper or a notepad document with the date she left.

MadFoole

Feb 8, 2020
One week is the minimum ingame time to invite Yvette back. If you forget and go over that time, there is no penalty to you for that and you will still be able to trigger the post-family emergency scenes by inviting her back when you get around to it. If you try to do it before the single week is over, she won't be shown as available to bring back.

Reactions: brianiac and Ripe

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
It also seems that there is an affection check on the "Amy masturbates at the pool" achievement although it shows no Heart Level requirements to get it like some of the others do. I wish all of that was fixed as with the upcoming new heart system that will soon be in place if none or some of the achievements without hearts end up failing because of a particular check, it may cause a few people to rage quit after a few attempts at some of them.

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
That isn't what I am talking about nor what I meant. I was talking about the new heart system that soon be in place of which all the characters will be locked behind like Amy is for her stats and if the achievements are going to be heart locked as well then they all need the appropriate heart icon indicator to reflect what level that character needs to be in order to acquire that achievement. Also meaning so that a no heart achievement can be acquired and not get a Stat Check Failure.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
... was fixed as with the upcoming new heart system that will soon be in place if none or some of the achievements without hearts end up failing because of a particular check, it may cause a few people to rage quit after a few attempts at some of them.
There is no soon (tm) involved in heart system.
It is a huge task to add each, as demonstrated by Amy's.

It will be a gradual process over a long period of time and any existing interactions will be judged whether they will be allowed or not and in which situations. Unless deemed a bug, no fixing is involved.

As for people rage quitting, let them.

It matters not if a million or just one plays, this is about having fun creating and we happen to be so lucky that it takes the form of a game,

This forum? For Fun.
The Patreon? For Fun.

Beyond huge in size, expansive in scope, it has no end besides the day the creator does not wish to work on it anymore (which will come as a huge shock to people coming from other games).

MarcelPappas

Feb 15, 2019
Greetings darkhound1,

First of all congratulations and many thanks for your amazing work, keep doing what you do <3

I'd like to ask a quick question.

Are there any futute plans to include some of the other girls you've created on DeviantArt in your game?
Most notably Svea or Celeste?
Also, since I assume you promote some others' developers work aswell, could you please clarify which of the following 8 girls are yours:

Svea, Celeste, Katerina, Kendra, Julie, Olivia, Samantha and of course... Lady Quantum?

Thanks in advance, keep up the good work!!

Last edited:

norb82

Sep 19, 2018
Version 0.2.1 beta - development news (updated 14. April 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.2.1 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.​
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.​
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.0.0 release.​
The next release is 0.2.1.0 beta which will be a full update for Windows, Mac and Android.
It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.0.0 to 0.2.1.0 has:
287 additional renders, videos or sound files
19 updated renders (Yumiko poker, Heather poker, Desire sexting)

New features and content
  • Desire will get the "heat" scene after the hotshots game --> still working on it
  • Heather gets a "Desires and Wishes" quest to obtain the "sexy nurse" outfit --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a second poker reward scene --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a poker reward scene --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • The "companion mod for Holiday island": gets a bigger update and will be available on my patreon together with 0.2.1 as a separate download --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets the nightbar drink scene at the (standing at the bar) in the new outfit (two achievements) --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a new "sexy nurse" outfit for the evening (basic renders) --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yumiko gets a poker reward scene --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Desire will get the hotshots game scene in the nightbar --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yumiko gets an improved poker appointment with new renders and text --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Eva will get the "heat" scene after the hotshots game --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Eva will get the hotshots game scene in the nightbar --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yvette gets a package of scenes in the sauna (4 achievements) with several animations --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Mercedes gets a short scene in front of the sauna --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yumiko can participate in the Wet-T contest now --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Mercedes can participate in the Wet-T contest now --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • The sauna will be available as a regular location you can go to --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets an improved poker appointment with new renders and text --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • Brenda's photo studio appointment is repeatable now --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Desire's sexting images have been upgraded to 2560x1440 webp format and 4 new ones have been added --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Image quality of "wall images" in new player room has been greatly improved --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Hotshots now supports images in 2560x1440 size in addition to the old 1920x1080 image size --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • You will have twice the number of save game slots now. A scroll bar has been added to each "save page" --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
Bug fixes
  • The new posing interface had some image sizing and text order inconsistencies --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • On some systems there are code conversion error with Renée during the update phase --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • If you missed an appointment from Joy's "Desires and Wishes" mailbox quest line, she will not send a new one and you can't get another one at reception --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • The weight lifting/bench presses workout did not increase the workout per week counter for some girls --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • If you missed the appointment to stay the night with Amy, she did not send a new one --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • Amy max love/affection quest line. There was a bug that could lead to a wrong quest sequence. You could do the arm wrestling before the massage, screwing up the quest line --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0

Is the update going to break save games?:

0.2.1.0 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:

0.2.1.0 beta --> no idea yet

Wow this update sounds awesome again, looks like your quarantine was useful :)

Reactions: brianiac

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Also, since I assume you promote some others' developers work aswell, could you please clarify which of the following 8 girls are yours:

Svea, Celeste, Katerina, Kendra, Julie, Olivia, Samantha and of course... Lady Quantum?

Thanks in advance, keep up the good work!!
Straightforward to answer,
  • No current plans to add other DA girls. May change, may not.
And I assume the question is whether they are derived from someone else, since they are all technically Darkhounds.

Using search on DA, finding their renders and checking gives that,
  • Svea, Celeste, Katerina, Kendra, Julie, Olivia and Samantha are Darkhound.
  • Lady Quantum is originally of the creator of the same name

Last edited:

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Being a seasoned gamer, I'm sure you have a save point prior to Yvette leaving to help her sister. Save your game at its current point and load that save. See what day Yvette leaves. Let's say it was Tuesday. Now load your game again from where you were and check the day. Wait till Wednesday or better yet, Thursday and invite her back.
I have several saves... but for some reason not on a day I sent her away. Reloading a save from a day or two before that wouldn't be the problem if not for high amount of completely random content in this game.

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes