Weronique

Apr 9, 2020
ok hi - please don't kill me for posting here :D - I was asked to try this game and I can't win even one poker game :D I really tried search option! I really tried read most of this forum, but I really don't know how to play your version of poker card game - first it is very different in my country and second I was never big card player… Tried even google but... could somebody please help me explain it in easy simple way? :D
sorry for asking if that is explained somewhere else already :x

Reactions: MeatClash

soultornone

Dec 2, 2018
ok hi - please don't kill me for posting here :D - I was asked to try this game and I can't win even one poker game :D I really tried search option! I really tried read most of this forum, but I really don't know how to play your version of poker card game - first it is very different in my country and second I was never big card player… Tried even google but... could somebody please help me explain it in easy simple way? :D
It is hit and miss for me to win Texas Holdem in the game. This is the way I do it, I save before I start the game so when I lose I can restart the hand by loading my last save and I save every time I win a hand and if I lose I go and load my last save until I win the game.

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
I will say that 1 feature that would be nice is to have an app on the phone for a Photo Gallery so that when you when you can finally afford to unlock the Photo Frames you will have an easier time going through the pictures to find the ones you want in the frames rather than having to go through days, weeks, or months of messages looking at each pic.

Reactions: soultornone

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Sorry, I have to cry 'Foul'. Tried 'Search' and Read most of the forum? if that were true, then there is no way you could have missed the Guide and Puppet Master's FAQ, both of which cover how to play and win at poker. The FAQ even goes into more specific detail then the Guide. Both include the cheat codes, and how to use them, to guarantee you will never lose a hand.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.2.1 beta - development news (updated 15. April 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.2.1 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.​
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.0.0 release.​
The next release is 0.2.1.0 beta which will be a full update for Windows, Mac and Android.
It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.0.0 to 0.2.1.0 has:
287 additional renders, videos or sound files
updated renders (Yumiko poker, Heather poker, Desire sexting)

New features and content
  • Desire will get the "heat" scene after the hotshots game --> still working on it
  • Yvette and Faye get a scene at the pool wearing the same bikini model --> still working on it
  • Faye will get a beach pose scene in the evening when the sun sets --> still working on it
  • Heather gets a "Desires and Wishes" quest to obtain the "sexy nurse" outfit --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a second poker reward scene --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a poker reward scene --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • The "companion mod for Holiday island": gets a bigger update and will be available on my patreon together with 0.2.1 as a separate download --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets the nightbar drink scene at the (standing at the bar) in the new outfit (two achievements) --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a new "sexy nurse" outfit for the evening (basic renders) --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yumiko gets a poker reward scene --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Desire will get the hotshots game scene in the nightbar --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yumiko gets an improved poker appointment with new renders and text --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Eva will get the "heat" scene after the hotshots game --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Eva will get the hotshots game scene in the nightbar --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yvette gets a package of scenes in the sauna (4 achievements) with several animations --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Mercedes gets a short scene in front of the sauna --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yumiko can participate in the Wet-T contest now --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Mercedes can participate in the Wet-T contest now --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • The sauna will be available as a regular location you can go to --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets an improved poker appointment with new renders and text --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • Brenda's photo studio appointment is repeatable now --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Desire's sexting images have been upgraded to 2560x1440 webp format and 4 new ones have been added --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Image quality of "wall images" in new player room has been greatly improved --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Hotshots now supports images in 2560x1440 size in addition to the old 1920x1080 image size --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • You will have twice the number of save game slots now. A scroll bar has been added to each "save page" --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
Bug fixes
  • The new posing interface had some image sizing and text order inconsistencies --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • On some systems there are code conversion error with Renée during the update phase --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • If you missed an appointment from Joy's "Desires and Wishes" mailbox quest line, she will not send a new one and you can't get another one at reception --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • The weight lifting/bench presses workout did not increase the workout per week counter for some girls --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • If you missed the appointment to stay the night with Amy, she did not send a new one --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • Amy max love/affection quest line. There was a bug that could lead to a wrong quest sequence. You could do the arm wrestling before the massage, screwing up the quest line --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0

Is the update going to break save games?:

0.2.1.0 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:

0.2.1.0 beta --> no idea yet

vuivuiday

Mar 8, 2019
I did everything including cheating but on the android version I could not unlock Amy 's love> 35. Please help me save Amy max pls

Weronique

Apr 9, 2020
Sorry, I have to cry 'Foul'. Tried 'Search' and Read most of the forum? if that were true, then there is no way you could have missed the Guide and Puppet Master's FAQ, both of which cover how to play and win at poker. The FAQ even goes into more specific detail then the Guide. Both include the cheat codes, and how to use them, to guarantee you will never lose a hand.
always so pleasant… thanks… yes I really tried search for "poker" and all I found was "cheat it" but since I am not quite gamer or cheat enjoying person I thought somebody could just tell me how to play this exact poker game in this exact game because it is much different from what we at my country know and yes I tried even google but... you know what fine sorry I just tried politely to ask, looks like this game must be played only by cheating…

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
vuivuiday
My latest, yet still unfinished FAQ is attached.
Amy has a quest to raise her affection and love. It's involved. Here is how to do it from my FAQ (Spoilers!):

52) I can't get Amy's affection above 35 and her love above 35 no matter what I do! Is this a bug? I like the old system because it was easy. Why was it changed? I used a saved game to start playing version 1.9.x, and now I can't get Amy's affection above 35 and her love above 35 no matter what I do. Is this part of the quest? How does it start?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

vuivuiday

Mar 8, 2019
vuivuiday
My latest, yet still unfinished FAQ is attached.
Amy has a quest to raise her affection and love. It's involved. Here is how to do it from my FAQ (Spoilers!):

52) I can't get Amy's affection above 35 and her love above 35 no matter what I do! Is this a bug? I like the old system because it was easy. Why was it changed? I used a saved game to start playing version 1.9.x, and now I can't get Amy's affection above 35 and her love above 35 no matter what I do. Is this part of the quest? How does it start?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
thank

Reactions: Puppet Master

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Just wondering.
Is anyone else having trouble with Amy's overnight scene? Everything's fine until I get to the alternate view on the bed. It crashed three times on me.
Maybe it's even a known error, but I thought that it'd be a nice change of pace from "Why game crash when I change resolution?" posts.
I think it is just the old memory error again since I don't have a great graphics card. If others are having this problem, I'll post a traceback and we can figure something out.
Otherwise, I'm just going to conclude that it's my old computer again.

Reactions: brianiac

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
always so pleasant… thanks… yes I really tried search for "poker" and all I found was "cheat it" but since I am not quite gamer or cheat enjoying person I thought somebody could just tell me how to play this exact poker game in this exact game because it is much different from what we at my country know and yes I tried even google but... you know what fine sorry I just tried politely to ask, looks like this game must be played only by cheating…
I think it is great you do not want to use any cheat codes to play Holiday Island. However, even though you may not like my answer, it still stands. >Read either The Guide and/or Puppet Master's FAQ, both of which cover how to play and win at poker. The FAQ even goes into more specific detail than the Guide.<

Puppet Master even posted word from word from his FAQ exactly how to play this version of poker. https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-2-0-0-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-3324098

It is very frustrating and hard to remain pleasant after spending the unbelievable amount of time that went into creating the Guide and the FAQ and then have them not used. I will never understand why someone ignores the information that is readily available and would rather post a question(s) which may not be answered for hours, but which are already answered in the available companion tools. Then after waiting hours for an answer, they complain when it isn't to their satisfaction.

D

Deleted member 399715

Is there a latest unofficial android port that works properly? I have one, but this one has Rénee's entire file gone.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Just wondering.
Is anyone else having trouble with Amy's overnight scene? Everything's fine until I get to the alternate view on the bed. It crashed three times on me.
Maybe it's even a known error, but I thought that it'd be a nice change of pace from "Why game crash when I change resolution?" posts.
I think it is just the old memory error again since I don't have a great graphics card. If others are having this problem, I'll post a traceback and we can figure something out.
Otherwise, I'm just going to conclude that it's my old computer again.
If the tracelog says :"memory error" then yes chances are that it is lack of video memory.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Sorry, I took a closer look at the traceback and it's definitely the "out of memory" error.
I hadn't had it in a long time, so I thought it was fixed, but I guess Amy's scene is so big that it overloads my graphics capabilities.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Sorry, I took a closer look at the traceback and it's definitely the "out of memory" error.
I hadn't had it in a long time, so I thought it was fixed, but I guess Amy's scene is so big that it overloads my graphics capabilities.
If you remember the command to free game memory maybe try it before the scene ?
Edit (not sure) : free_memory()

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I did input the command, and it got me through the regular view but not the alternate angle. I even did it right before I switched angles. The best I could do is get through the alternate angle scene to the loop, but when I zoomed in, it froze.
That's why I just wanted to see if anyone else had problems. I know darkhound1 put the renpy.free_memory() command in more times during the nude yoga scene and was wondering if he needed to do it more here.
It seems that it's just me who has the problem, though.
I'm going to restart my computer to see if that helps.

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes