dyingbreed86

May 16, 2020
Thanks, but yeah, I had noticed that... but that only happens for that particular scene, it doesn't change the character's outfit from their initial default outfit that you dress them in after creator... it would be AWESOME if the girls had a 3 outfit closet that they could rotate through as you play the game, so that they aren't always wearing the same outfit every single time...

...or you don't lose your progress with the girl because you are tired of seeing her dressed the same way, over and over again.

But, yeah, that feature you mentioned, that only works for that particular scene... and they go back to default when the event is over.
Uhh thats weird cuz you should be able to load up outfits in all locations as long as the love scene starts. But I get that it's annoying that the progression resets just with outfit change(just tested it cuz I wasn't sure lol).

I suppose you also have the option of using the cheat menu if you get fed up with doing the progression naturally. (F12 is the hotkey)

Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Okay... for those who are looking to change a character's outfit for game play without changing their stats, I figured out the way to do it without using a mod editor and just the base game...

First, while in the game and in your PLAYER ROOM go to your CHARACTER MANAGEMENT tab and click on it...

Next, go to your GROUP EDITING button under "EDIT" and select the character that you wish to edit (NPC or yourself) and take them OUT of the group that they are in...

NOW... while still in the CHARACTER MANAGEMENT area, click on WOMAN (or MAN) CARD which will ask you if you want to go to the CHARACTER MAKEUP SCREEN, say OK and you are now transported into the CHARACTER DESIGNER...

SELECT the character that you wanted to edit their outfit and load them into the main screen... dress them the way that you wish to dress them (either of your own making or by using a PRE-CREATED OUTFIT CARD), once you've changed their OUTFIT (or make up, what-have-you) go to SAVE the character BACK into your CHARACTER LIBRARY... but INSTEAD of selecting "CREATE NEW", "OVERWRITE" or "DELETE"... instead select "SAVE (KEEP CARD)"!!

This will allow you to change the character's outfit AND keep their current progress that you've made with them in the game.

Exit out of the CHARACTER MAKEUP SCREEN which takes you back to the CHARACTER MANAGEMENT area, select GROUP EDITING again, select the character you just changed and add them BACK into the GROUP and you are done... character's outfit (or makeup/hair or whatever) you changed now shows up in the game...

Perfect if you are doing a progression setting or story with your character... having them dress as a slut as you work your "magic" on them or if you are just absolutely SICK of seeing the character dressed the same way, over and over and over again every time you want to bang them. :D

NOW... if we could get a kind MODDER who would create a predefined CHARACTER closet that you could create for the characters (like what they have for SHOWER or SLEEPING) that would rotate the character's outfits by random... (or draw from the outfit overlays)... that would be NICE! ;) (hint hint)

Hope that helps others!!

Bentshaft

Jul 1, 2020
The way I do it, is have the same girls/cards in multiple groups (coloured hearts). You can then select different swim and sleep outfits (showerhead and bed icons) for each group and it will save your selections. The girls will automatically switch to the outfits based on what group you have selected and where/what the scene is. She doesn't have to have a bikini on, just something she would wear to the beach perhaps. Stretch it as you see fit based on the locations and scenes you have in mind. The point is you get 5 groups and two 'alternates' per group, saved on one card. However, she will keep her main default throughout. At least this gets her a tiny closet.

For example:
- group 1 - red - my top 10+, one of each personality/voice, with personality maximizing outfits for everyone
- group 2 - org/yel/whatever - college girls - any girls from group 1 that apply, and appropriate outfits (nighttime dorm wear and beach after class?)
- 3 - green - milfs - again same thing, but with mom jeans, no heels, and cardigans galore
- 4 - submissives - slave outfits goes here
- 5 - doms - you get the idea

Now you can mix and match groups 2-5. Take a milf from 3 and put her in with group 2 and assign her two teacher outfits, and so on. Throw a slave in the lions' den that is group 5, go to the hallway, see where she shows up and who your wing(wo)man will be. Lara Croft is a four-group girl for me, but I have no fivers yet. Bounce between groups based on what you are in the mood for, using the same cards, and no need to edit anything. Create new situations with new outfits.

If you yank a girl back out to the main menu character creator she loses the selections, I believe. If you edit her card 'in-game' then it will still save her outfit assignments for each group.

I save outfits as 'name-main', 'name-school', 'name-slave', etc and sort both the girl panel and outfits panel accordingly. Makes it relatively simple to keep them all organized.

What I haven't figured out is why Illusion would allow a card to span multiple groups and have different swim and sleep outfits that auto-switch, but NOT the main outfits. Maybe I'm missing something.

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
Had a few I wanted to try under a different tone of color, and a new character. Here's Mai with the theme of Cosplayer From Hell (budget version).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: namprofli3

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Good info Bentshaft, I will give that a shot!

I put a request to the modders under commissions on Illusion Soft, even willing to pay for it to be designed for the community, as it would make things a lot easier, but certainly going to give you way a try till then. ;)

Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: Bentshaft
May 17, 2019
Okay... for those who are looking to change a character's outfit for game play without changing their stats, I figured out the way to do it without using a mod editor and just the base game...

First, while in the game and in your PLAYER ROOM go to your CHARACTER MANAGEMENT tab and click on it...

Next, go to your GROUP EDITING button under "EDIT" and select the character that you wish to edit (NPC or yourself) and take them OUT of the group that they are in...

NOW... while still in the CHARACTER MANAGEMENT area, click on WOMAN (or MAN) CARD which will ask you if you want to go to the CHARACTER MAKEUP SCREEN, say OK and you are now transported into the CHARACTER DESIGNER...

SELECT the character that you wanted to edit their outfit and load them into the main screen... dress them the way that you wish to dress them (either of your own making or by using a PRE-CREATED OUTFIT CARD), once you've changed their OUTFIT (or make up, what-have-you) go to SAVE the character BACK into your CHARACTER LIBRARY... but INSTEAD of selecting "CREATE NEW", "OVERWRITE" or "DELETE"... instead select "SAVE (KEEP CARD)"!!

This will allow you to change the character's outfit AND keep their current progress that you've made with them in the game.

Exit out of the CHARACTER MAKEUP SCREEN which takes you back to the CHARACTER MANAGEMENT area, select GROUP EDITING again, select the character you just changed and add them BACK into the GROUP and you are done... character's outfit (or makeup/hair or whatever) you changed now shows up in the game...

Perfect if you are doing a progression setting or story with your character... having them dress as a slut as you work your "magic" on them or if you are just absolutely SICK of seeing the character dressed the same way, over and over and over again every time you want to bang them. :D

NOW... if we could get a kind MODDER who would create a predefined CHARACTER closet that you could create for the characters (like what they have for SHOWER or SLEEPING) that would rotate the character's outfits by random... (or draw from the outfit overlays)... that would be NICE! ;) (hint hint)

Hope that helps others!!
Wait, what do you mean that changing outfit would change the stats? I mean, sure if you change the outfit in H-Scene, it will be reverted back to the main assigned outfit, but I haven't seen any stats affected if I dress them in Character Creator/Makeup.

namprofli3

Dec 25, 2019
What is good software to create overlays, and is there any guide / tips when making them? I'd like to try making some myself.
Paint.NET. Dubbed the "Photoshop for amateurs". It's easy to use yet powerful enough to be reliable when you gather enough plugins from their forums.
You just shouldn't use it for drawing because the line tool, as flexible as it is, it's only limited to 4 points per line and that sucks major balls unless you just want to create something simple like a curved line inside a circle.

Hi guys, I have got the base game already and just wanna download the mods, which files should I download?
If you have a vanilla base game, you might want to search for ManlyMarco's HF Patch.

Sundowner1986

Jul 5, 2020
Not really, they don't use the same engines, or at least the same version of the engine since both are done in Unity, but the AI Shoujo/Honey Select 2 variant of this style is definitely better.

Photoshop or Gimp

You would have to download the whole repack, which includes the games and mods. In the case of the repack, most included mods are already installed.
Cheers mate, what a shame I actually paid for the game lol

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Challenge accepted, but be warned that my girl isn't exactly made to fit that theme, I was trying to go more toward the cute side than anything else.
MrWrongtubes I've included both gravure and softcore shots from the studio and in game H scene shots as well as both the card used and her template, which was my original character. Also included is a text file that includes a relatively short history of the girl, in universe, as well as her parameters. Only the changed parameters are included, any left off the list are assumed to be at default value, which is assumed to be at 50. Using only the preinstalled, Beaver, and Push Up mods in game and no added lighting in the gravure and softcore shots or graphical alterations in game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Wait, what do you mean that changing outfit would change the stats? I mean, sure if you change the outfit in H-Scene, it will be reverted back to the main assigned outfit, but I haven't seen any stats affected if I dress them in Character Creator/Makeup.
It doesn't, no idea what he means.

Last edited:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
If you take the character that you've been "romancing" and say you got her maxed in H... take her out of the group to redress her in a new outfit, go into the "character makeup screen" area, load her... change her outfit, go to resave her, it will warn you that doing so will reset all of her stats to zero...

Instead, click the "Save (keep card)" and it will keep the character's stats (and also her card image of her original outfit).

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
If you take the character that you've been "romancing" and say you got her maxed in H... take her out of the group to redress her in a new outfit, go into the "character makeup screen" area, load her... change her outfit, go to resave her, it will warn you that doing so will reset all of her stats to zero...

Instead, click the "Save (keep card)" and it will keep the character's stats (and also her card image of her original outfit).
Ah, now I see, yes, it is overwriting the card to save the changes and her stats are on the card as well, so they get overwritten.

list101

Mar 18, 2019
I saw a post for that on the "Being a DIK"-thread. I dont understand the hype around HoneySelect. I tried it for a while - the worst performance of any other game I played! What am I doing wrong? The slow response made it complete no-no for me. The graphics are mediocre at best. I looked around the net for help - there are lots of configs... whatever
imho a game should be performant OOB. If I have to spend days to tweak - I rather play something else ex. "Being a DIK" just start playing. I was planning to play that until chapter 6 comes out - yet HS2 has been total disappointment.

May 17, 2019

That's mean you're creating a new character when you load a card, not Edit her Appearance. I'm pretty sure, even if you remove her from the Group and Edit her appearance either from "Edit Group" or "Character Creator" by loading her card, her stats won't be affected no matter "Save (Keep Card)" or "Retake Photo" unless you "Overwrite"/ "Save as New", which is the obvious meaning of creating a new character based on the presets of the card.

Ah, now I see, yes, it is overwriting the card to save the changes and her stats are on the card as well, so they get overwritten.
Oh, so that's what he meant. :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: alex2011

Bentshaft

Jul 1, 2020
I saw a post for that on the "Being a DIK"-thread. I dont understand the hype around HoneySelect. I tried it for a while - the worst performance of any other game I played! What am I doing wrong? The slow response made it complete no-no for me. The graphics are mediocre at best. I looked around the net for help - there are lots of configs... whatever
imho a game should be performant OOB. If I have to spend days to tweak - I rather play something else ex. "Being a DIK" just start playing. I was planning to play that until chapter 6 comes out - yet HS2 has been total disappointment.
I was just about to go grab Isabella and dp Jill with a pair of footlongs in a Chinese restaurant, but now I want to hear more about your book and beast of a pc.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes