cakeplz15

Sep 13, 2017
When I learned that they were going to use the AI Girl engine, I had hopped that they would at least give us the option to free roam around the hotel, still kind of disappointed about that.

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
So I'm updating my game with HS2 graphics but having a little trouble with 2 things:

1. Does anybody know if it's possible to record videos in studio with a transparent background?
2. Any fix for fairy wings disappearing when taking screenshots in studio or character creator with transparent background?

Thanks in advance!

bobobobson

May 31, 2020
You don't need R4.1 in order to get R5, you can download the entire nearly 25 Gigabyte R5 distribution, unpack and play without touching an earlier version. But ScrewThisNoise has gone to great lengths to make our lives easier, doing all the work to build an upgrade to convert our R4.1 to R5 by downloading a mere 262Mb. Beats the hell out of 25 Gig! Mega
i downloaded the 25 gig version as i had a bug in my previous honey select game after an update. now i am even more confused than before as i have to realize that the link for R5 is not honey select 2 game. its a free roam around a school game with anime graphics. unpacked its 70 gigs !

i simply want the newest repack of hs2. i noticed that a lot of people playing hs2 r5. it just seems a bit difficult to find it on the internet... 4.1 update broke my game with ugly skin bugs... so i need that hotfix from r5. i am correct in my assessment that links for repack 5 as hs2 are not available on this website at this point ?

txdragonman

Feb 26, 2020
downloaded the core game without the optional mod pack. unpacked it and started it no problem. i can change settings, but as soon as i hit "play game" the screen goes white for a moment, then the game shuts down. editor does the same thing, it will load for a moment, and as soon as i start to move my mouse to begin changing features, it too disappears.

Last edited:

SpockBauru

Modder
Nov 6, 2018
i downloaded the 25 gig version as i had a bug in my previous honey select game after an update. now i am even more confused than before as i have to realize that the link for R5 is not honey select 2 game. its a free roam around a school game with anime graphics. unpacked its 70 gigs !

i simply want the newest repack of hs2. i noticed that a lot of people playing hs2 r5. it just seems a bit difficult to find it on the internet... 4.1 update broke my game with ugly skin bugs... so i need that hotfix from r5. i am correct in my assessment that links for repack 5 as hs2 are not available on this website at this point ?
You downloaded Koikatsu, another game in the same site of honeyselect 2 (BetterRepack.com/public). The site have 9 BetterRepacks for different games, please pay attention on what are you downloading!!!

downloaded the core game without the optional mod pack. unpacked it and started it no problem. i can change settings, but as soon as i hit "play game" the screen goes white for a moment, then the game shuts down. editor does the same thing, it will load for a moment, and as soon as i start to move my mouse to begin changing features, it too disappears.
Take a look in the FAQ at the first post and also in the wiki:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucifer84

hun hunter

Dec 30, 2018
When I learned that they were going to use the AI Girl engine, I had hopped that they would at least give us the option to free roam around the hotel, still kind of disappointed about that.
and do what exactly.
lurk! ;)

So I'm updating my game with HS2 graphics but having a little trouble with 2 things:

1. Does anybody know if it's possible to record videos in studio with a transparent background?
2. Any fix for fairy wings disappearing when taking screenshots in studio or character creator with transparent background?

Thanks in advance!
i was looking for something similar earlier but i couldn't find video/image sequence capture with transparent bg. it is simply because the "videoexport" plugin and all other tools that captures screenshots/or video image sequences are doing it externally, it is similar to pressing the "print screen" button on your keyboard, everything appears on screen will be captured in that screenshot. in the other hand, "screenshot manager" plugin which is part of the "BepisPlugins" actually works within the the engine (the studio in this case) and render the objects, shaders, light ..etc in to an image. now the problem is that it only render 1 image and not a sequence which is not what you are looking for. hopefully it will be added in the future, not sure if anybody has requested this feature from DeathWeasel yet.

if you wish to view the screenshot manager's settings and menu, press (F1) then search for it, you will notice while hovering over the "alpha" section that it requires you to use an image BG, so it will capture the characters, items and objects but not the map (unless the map used in scene is actually a studio item?)
1603822585955.png

so, i thought of a workaround but it requires allot more than a click of a button and you have to be skilled in video editing/compositing:
use a high contrast and solid color as the BG space color like those in chromas and record the video using whatever tool u like in multiple phases (at least two, one for the character's alone and the second for the map), use the chroma technique while recording the first video and record the second one normally. then you have to take those two videos to a video editing program like "after effect or final cut pro" and deal with the as a transparent negative space (i am sure that there are tons of plugins and tutorials on how to empty a chroma space for video editing applications if you google it). then put and edit those two videos on top of each other in the same project and render the final video as pleased.
1603824649464.png
now i know that this process can be a drag but it is the only way i can think of. i dont recommend it unless what you are doing is worth it :p.

you also have to keep a couple of things in mind when it comes to working with chromas:
-both videos used has to be precise and compatible, they should have the same duration and camera/angle movement if there is any.
-when you capture the video with chroma, you should disable any DOF, bloom, blure, the vintage screen effect or anything that will give you HELL while removing that chroma color on video editing.
-chroma color used should be unique and the characters do not have a similar color in them. (ex. don't use a pink chroma if your character has the exact same pink or close in hue, brightness and contrast).

sorry to hear that you are experiencing allot of troubles, even downloaded another game ^^' i will try to explain and clear this whole confusion:

ILLUSION studio released HONEY SELECT2. the modding community created allot of plugins, mods translations and tools so everybody can have a better time and experience playing it. these modders released their mods like..literally all over the internet. ScrewThisNoise took the trouble to gather these mods, organized them, optimized them and tested them, then repacked them in to one package called "HS2 BetterRepack" so people like me and you can grab it and install more easily. now the ILLUSION released multiple updates to the game, and the modderes kept on modding even more mods, and we demand to have these additions right? so ScrewThisNoise released multiple versions to include all those updtes and new mods in form of R1, R1.1, R2 al the way to R5 ("R" stands for "repack"). typically, you need to have the older version of something in order to update in to a new one right? now this is exactly what it is <-----------

but if you just got in to the game, lost your game folder, or just wish to have the latest "Better Repack" that includes everything been released by him, he provided an "all-in-one" download link for an up to date repack version (R5 Full pack currently)

use this link to his mega that will take you exactly to the (HS2 better repack R5 FINAL):

then, download and install the (R5.0.1) hot fix posted here in this post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-r4-1-illusion.53457/post-4434597

and you are done :).

PS: the update button you find in InitSetting.exe does not update a "Repack" version, it only update those mods and plugins that are included in, a repack version will require a manual installation (ex. R4 to R5).

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
Thanks for the extensive reply, hun hunter. I will probably just work with stills unless someone comes up with a more convenient method. The only thing bothering me really are the fairy wings disappearing when I press F11. It's the only asset that refuses to be rendered in the screenshot and I still couldn't figure it out why.

txdragonman

Feb 26, 2020
SpockBauru yeah i did that. wouldnt be here asking if i hadnt... perhaps dont assume someone just goes straight here and blindly asks.

txdragonman said:

Sep 16, 2018
Can I get some help on how to download this? I tried downloading the All-in-One file from the UploadHavan link, it look hours to download and then took hours to unzip, but when it was about 70% unzipped my screen went black except for my mouse cursor and some of my taskbar. Should I download all the different parts under the R4.1 spoiler?

27X

Oct 30, 2019
Set the screenshot mod do to exactly one pass screenshots with no down or upsampling.

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
Can I get some help on how to download this?
I got the R4.1 with the torrent and it worked fine.

Set the screenshot mod do to exactly one pass screenshots with no down or upsampling.
I tried that and played around with all the options, but no luck so far...
It only renders when there is something behind it, regardless of settings.

HS2_2020-10-28-10-39-49-227.png

Last edited:

hun hunter

Dec 30, 2018
SpockBauru yeah i did that. wouldnt be here asking if i hadnt... perhaps dont assume someone just goes straight here and blindly asks.

hi try this solution on this post here and check out if you have a similar hardware setup mentioned in the following post. just don't delete those files and backup them out somewhere else instead.

Can I get some help on how to download this? I tried downloading the All-in-One file from the UploadHavan link, it look hours to download and then took hours to unzip, but when it was about 70% unzipped my screen went black except for my mouse cursor and some of my taskbar. Should I download all the different parts under the R4.1 spoiler?
this doesn't sound like a game problem more than a corrupted file or maybe OS error, also make sure that u have enough space on the drive you are unzipping on. try using to unzip if you are not doing so already.

if you want to give the download another try, a newer version (R5) is out already, download here:
download all 8 parts but you only need to unzip the first one and it should detect the rest of the parts automatically.
then get the hotfix to (R5.0.1) here: https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-r4-1-illusion.53457/post-4434597

View attachment 877151
i tried it but i wasnt sure which fairy wings you are using, so i tried both and both didn't work. but i think it is a shader thing, ill try and check it out on material editor and see what i can find.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

bobobobson

May 31, 2020
R5 works well, fixed all my bugs, thx guys. first creation went without a problem... now its time to prepare for dx dlc. or at least find information in english about it. i dont even know what the main features are, maybe its not even worth upgrading.

hun hunter

Dec 30, 2018

View attachment 877151
so i tried changing the shader and few things on those wings. looks like the screenshot manager does not act will with any shader that renders transparency, so this will happen on any type of clothing, item, object that uses shaders like "AIT/clothes alpha" or "AIT/clothes alpha true", something has to be behind for them to show as you mentioned before.

just to make sure, i loaded a dress that i edited before which is using the same shader, and to be able to see clearly i disabled the character's body mesh, and the result was the same:
HS2_2020-10-28-20-27-02-809.png HS2_2020-10-28-20-22-00-034.png
as you can see, it will only capture the parts that has parts rendered with a non-alpha shader like the bra. then i edited the main texture (which also has alpha) and it didnt work either. so even if you edit the texture to have 0% transparency, the result will be the same as long as the shader is an alpha one:
HS2_2020-10-28-21-43-50-219.png HS2_2020-10-28-21-03-54-727.png
and same goes to wings. so i tried changing the shader to "AIT/clothes" and i edited the main texture for them (removed the transperancy) and there it is:
HS2_2020-10-28-21-20-48-595.png
i know it is not as satisfying but at lease we know now that using transparent objects wont work with ss manager plugin. hopefully Manlymarco will fix this in the future.

if you like to use the edited texture that i used, just download the png below then change the shader to "AIT/clothes" and load the main tex.
_Export_2020-10-28-11-29-57_m_acs_fairywing00_MainTex_edit.png
1603912022605.png

R5 works well, fixed all my bugs, thx guys. first creation went without a problem... now its time to prepare for dx dlc. or at least find information in english about it. i dont even know what the main features are, maybe its not even worth upgrading.
good to hear that everything is fine now. if u wish to know what will be in the official release on DX visit here this link and translate the page using your browser, shouldn't be too hard to have a general idea:

i also advice you to always keep you repack up to date. it will include more mods and updates for them, and as mods get upgraded they will most likely require the latest official game versions to work.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes