Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Usually if the game malfunctions to the point its unplayable It could be because it wasn't unzip properly. Using WinRAR is not good idea use WinZip. WinRAR does something that screws the game up.
I used WinRAR without problems. If for some reason WinRAR fails then first make sure you don't have permission problems (don't use C: drive) or use 7zip as alternative.

Reactions: kailius

kailius

Apr 21, 2017
I used WinRAR without problems. If for some reason WinRAR fails then first make sure you don't have permission problems (don't use C: drive) or use 7zip as alternative.
Tell you the truth I don't bother using WinRAR when it comes to this kind stuff I used 7zip save myself some time lol. You are right it is 7zip I got confused with something else >.>

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Usually if the game malfunctions to the point its unplayable It could be because it wasn't unzip properly. Using WinRAR is not good idea use 7Zip. WinRAR does something that screws the game up.
Same, I have always used WinRAR and the only problem I have ever had with these repacks turned out to be because the folders were causing the path of certain files to reach the character limit Windows has on file paths. Easily fixed it by renaming the archive.

_NAMELESS_

Jul 22, 2020
There are wayyy too many mods! I honestly don't care about mods, i just want the base game, translator and uncensor.
There are so many mods that it messed up the game especially graphics glitch it also reduce the game peformance.

kailius

Apr 21, 2017
I have issue if anyone willing help for some weird reason the game wont read the cards -___- I have HS2 DX better repack R4.0.1 It makes no sense I get cards made for HS2 DX and I been doing same thing putting cards in the userdata/chara/female never had issues. But with this version I do. It reads every single other card in folders and sub folders in female folder. But it wont read the ones I put in.

it did do something weird though it made a folder in female folder that says userdata which then has folder called chara which has another folder called female and put cards I add it their however it doesn't read that folder either -____- Everything else is working perfectly fine. Never had this issue with other HS2 DX better repack editions.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
There are wayyy too many mods! I honestly don't care about mods, i just want the base game, translator and uncensor.
There are so many mods that it messed up the game especially graphics glitch it also reduce the game peformance.
The number of mods is not the cause, either you have a buggy version of a mod or there is a conflict that would occur whether you had 50 mods or 2 mods as long as the mods in conflict are installed.

If you want just the game with a translation and uncensor, you'll just have to find a copy of the game and use the HF while turning off all mod options that are available in the HF installer. I'll tell you now that I had zero luck finding an actual installer for the game, this is the only version I have ever been able to find since it is technically only on sale for Japan. Your best bet is probably to buy it off of DLSite or DMM, which do sell to Japan, but don't region block their sites for anything Japan specific. Not sure which has it, but a different user provided a link not too long ago that totally escaped my notice until I was already using this version. I think it was for DLSite.

I have issue if anyone willing help for some weird reason the game wont read the cards -___- I have HS2 DX better repack R4.0.1 It makes no sense I get cards made for HS2 DX and I been doing same thing putting cards in the userdata/chara/female never had issues. But with this version I do. It reads every single other card in folders and sub folders in female folder. But it wont read the ones I put in.

it did do something weird though it made a folder in female folder that says userdata which then has folder called chara which has another folder called female and put cards I add it their however it doesn't read that folder either -____- Everything else is working perfectly fine. Never had this issue with other HS2 DX better repack editions.
I assume these were downloaded off the internet seeing as you specifically mention putting them in the folder. Most websites are not properly equipped to handle an Illusion PNG file, which is not just a picture, but contains the character data as well. That character data sometimes doesn't download properly, either being corrupted or just not downloading at all, so what you really get is just an image of the card. This does not always happen, but it does happen. Try downloading the cards again, that should fix the issue and is the only existing method to get the cards fixed. Other than that, you would have to try and replicate it by making a copy by hand in the character maker.

Reactions: Sepheyer

kailius

Apr 21, 2017
The number of mods is not the cause, either you have a buggy version of a mod or there is a conflict that would occur whether you had 50 mods or 2 mods as long as the mods in conflict are installed.

If you want just the game with a translation and uncensor, you'll just have to find a copy of the game and use the HF while turning off all mod options that are available in the HF installer. I'll tell you now that I had zero luck finding an actual installer for the game, this is the only version I have ever been able to find since it is technically only on sale for Japan. Your best bet is probably to buy it off of DLSite or DMM, which do sell to Japan, but don't region block their sites for anything Japan specific. Not sure which has it, but a different user provided a link not too long ago that totally escaped my notice until I was already using this version. I think it was for DLSite.

I assume these were downloaded off the internet seeing as you specifically mention putting them in the folder. Most websites are not properly equipped to handle an Illusion PNG file, which is not just a picture, but contains the character data as well. That character data sometimes doesn't download properly, either being corrupted or just not downloading at all, so what you really get is just an image of the card. This does not always happen, but it does happen. Try downloading the cards again, that should fix the issue and is the only existing method to get the cards fixed. Other than that, you would have to try and replicate it by making a copy by hand in the character maker.
Things is I been downloading cards from the same place always never had any issues with them until now. Got them from Illusion soft discord they have always work. I don't see how 12 cards made by different people would not work. Haven't done anything different I just download newest version used 7zip to unzip and just add the cards that's it and never had any issues.

I am just wondering what has change between 3.2 and this version because in 3.2 I had no problems with the cards. I got the cards from the same place no change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sepheyer

thatdork

Dec 2, 2018
hello I downloaded DX R2 base game repack and just updated mods. Do you think LG ultragear laptop can run this game?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Things is I been downloading cards from the same place always never had any issues with them until now. Got them from Illusion soft discord they have always work. I don't see how 12 cards made by different people would not work. Haven't done anything different I just download newest version used 7zip to unzip and just add the cards that's it and never had any issues.

I am just wondering what has change between 3.2 and this version because in 3.2 I had no problems with the cards. I got the cards from the same place no change.
The answer is simple, Discord is not set up to handle Illusion PNGs as they are meant to be handled. You've been lucky up until now. As I said, it doesn't always happen, but it does happen. There was no change in game to cause this, it had a chance of happening even on 3.2, you just never had it happen until now.

without mods and modders… this game has nothing to do. Your complaint is ridiculous
That is very much an incorrect statement. There is a difference between not having stuff you count as being something to do and actually not having stuff to do. Some people don't mind that all it is is hopping between animations, obviously, or there never would have been a Honey Select 2. People obviously liked this style of gameplay enough that Illusion noticed and made a sequel. That said, the mods do make the game significantly better.

hello I downloaded DX R2 base game repack and just updated mods. Do you think LG ultragear laptop can run this game?
I'm not even seeing a laptop by that name on their website, only monitors, which alone will not play ANY game. What kind of processor is in it? How much RAM does it have? Does it have a dedicated, meaning separate from the processor, graphics card? If any of these answers are no or an amount less than 8GB of RAM, probably not very well, but it might run.

thatdork

Dec 2, 2018
The answer is simple, Discord is not set up to handle Illusion PNGs as they are meant to be handled. You've been lucky up until now. As I said, it doesn't always happen, but it does happen. There was no change in game to cause this, it had a chance of happening even on 3.2, you just never had it happen until now.

That is very much an incorrect statement. There is a difference between not having stuff you count as being something to do and actually not having stuff to do. Some people don't mind that all it is is hopping between animations, obviously, or there never would have been a Honey Select 2. People obviously liked this style of gameplay enough that Illusion noticed and made a sequel. That said, the mods do make the game significantly better.

I'm not even seeing a laptop by that name on their website, only monitors, which alone will not play ANY game. What kind of processor is in it? How much RAM does it have? Does it have a dedicated, meaning separate from the processor, graphics card? If any of these answers are no or an amount less than 8GB of RAM, probably not very well, but it might run.

CPU
Intel Core i5 1.6GHz (i5-10210U)
GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB
RAM
DDR4 8 GB + 빈슬롯1
저장장치
NVMe 256 GB SSD + 빈슬롯1

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
CPU
Intel Core i5 1.6GHz (i5-10210U)
GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB
RAM
DDR4 8 GB + 빈슬롯1
저장장치
NVMe 256 GB SSD + 빈슬롯1
I would say it just barely makes the cut, just don't go too wild with accessories on characters and you should be fine.

Reactions: thatdork

thatdork

Dec 2, 2018
I would say it just barely makes the cut, just don't go too wild with accessories on characters and you should be fine.
is performance mod on initsetting low graphic mod? Is there any way to make the game run better? Thank you in advance

Raraman

Jun 13, 2021
Does anyone know why some Illusion cards disappeared from Kenzato Booru?
And are they 100% dead? Because I've seen someone liking my "missing" cards, so now I'm confused.

:HideThePain::HideThePain::HideThePain:

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
dumb question: what the actual FUCK is up with their vaginas/crotch not following the direction in which their legs are pointing?like, if a girl bends over, her flappy sticks out like it's made of bone :))))))
is it fixable? like, using a mod or something? it looks like crap, especially when their clothes are on...

Jun 13, 2018
Does anyone know why some Illusion cards disappeared from Kenzato Booru?
And are they 100% dead? Because I've seen someone liking my "missing" cards, so now I'm confused.

:HideThePain::HideThePain::HideThePain:
Yeah, there were two database losses on kenzato booru over the past year. After the first outage, many older cards no longer worked or were just left with a black image. When things were 'rolled back' after the second outage, a considerable number of cards uploaded between those two outages were lost. I'm pretty sure kenzato still has the post on their blog outlining what happened. The empty cards should be 100% dead.

In terms of you receiving likes on your 'missing cards', I'm not really sure what's going on.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
is performance mod on initsetting low graphic mod? Is there any way to make the game run better? Thank you in advance
No, it is not a performance mod, it is to make the game look even better and can actually make the performance worse. More RAM is needed to make the game run better since the game uses that almost exclusively.

dumb question: what the actual FUCK is up with their vaginas/crotch not following the direction in which their legs are pointing?like, if a girl bends over, her flappy sticks out like it's made of bone :))))))
is it fixable? like, using a mod or something? it looks like crap, especially when their clothes are on...
Sounds like a bug with that last part, if so, you'll have to wait until it is fixed. It's probably a mod causing it, so it's not like there's no chance of a fix, unlike with the game itself.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Sounds like a bug with that last part, if so, you'll have to wait until it is fixed. It's probably a mod causing it, so it's not like there's no chance of a fix, unlike with the game itself.
Wait, so you're telling me you are not getting shit like this???
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I mean she's bent over pretty hard but still, I really think real people don't look like that lmao.
Not a huge problem unless they're in a sort of extreme position but it still shows and it's annoying

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Wait, so you're telling me you are not getting shit like this???
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I mean she's bent over pretty hard but still, I really think real people don't look like that lmao.
Not a huge problem unless they're in a sort of extreme position but it still shows and it's annoying
Nope, I don't have that issue.

Talk for yourself, buddy LMAO
Are you implying there are more things to do in the game with mods ??? Care to elaborate ?
Mods do not adding anything to the gameplay but making the game more fancy. Unless you find messing with mods like adjusting graphics filters, is more fun than actually playing the game then sure i guess, a little weird but each to their own lol
There are as many things to do in the base game as a modded game. i don't know what you are on about.

I could play the game just fine without using hundred of mods included with this patch except the uncensor and translation obviously. I did not even care to go through the clothes mod and chose to stick with what they came with the game.

Your argument is ridiculous.
Even with no uncensor or translation, simple trial and error makes the game playable in Japanese, which makes his argument even more ridiculous. He's essentially saying that the game just has nothing to do, not even with or without mods because mods don't add to that as you said, but at all.

Reactions: _NAMELESS_
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes