alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
What does (Registering) mean and how do I get rid of it ?
View attachment 1702553

• [ScrewThisNoise] HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R7
  • On female character creator
  • Trying to Save/Delete
It means a card is loaded into the actual game and the only way to get rid of it is to unload it from the game. It does the registering thing as a way to protect the card from being edited while metadata controlling the status of the character in game is actively being written to the card as any edit to a card with metadata being actively written to it runs the risk of being corrupted, which would make it completely useless.

Sidenote; don't think it is stated anywhere, but I believe the star means the charactor has game progress, correct?
Correct, the star means that the card coontains metadata controlling the character's state. In other words, things like whether she's broken or hates you or even if she has any sex experience. The kinds of metadata that can only be altered during play.

Anyone know if there is an attribute that allows a character to be a "2nd girl". So far it seems the only way is to play the character as a 1st girl with a 2nd girl. After that the 1st girl can be played as a 2nd girl. Very tedious process. Be great to have an attribute that can be flipped with one of the cheat mods.
There is no such attribute, but there are gameplay requirements that both girls have to meet. These are things that can be solved by playing with each girl to be used together separately, things like sex experience, which I believe they do need to not be virgins to be eligible for use together.

JohPoub

Jul 23, 2020
Thanks for your answers everybody.
I have another, unrelated question: I downloaded all of nyaacho's mods and skins, but can't find them in the material editor. The lighting preset appears where it should when pressing F5, no problem with that, but I can't find the skins anywhere in character creator.
Funny thing is, the skins function normally when I download a character card that already uses them, but I can't find a way to add them to a previous character I made.
Any ideas?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Thanks for your answers everybody.
I have another, unrelated question: I downloaded all of nyaacho's mods and skins, but can't find them in the material editor. The lighting preset appears where it should when pressing F5, no problem with that, but I can't find the skins anywhere in character creator.
Funny thing is, the skins function normally when I download a character card that already uses them, but I can't find a way to add them to a previous character I made.
Any ideas?
Where have you located the zipmod files?
By default the nyaacho mods are included in Better Repack and located in mods/Sideloader Modpack
Nyaacho.jpg

You find the skins NOT in Material Editor but in Skin Type
Nyaacho2.jpg

Hapsi

Jul 24, 2019
e: Solved. Press M on the keyboard :sneaky:

The game crashed at some point, and since the room textures have been missing or turned black.

Example from torture room:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling? Using R8 repack.

Last edited:
Reactions: brandonmoreno2

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
The game crashed at some point, and since the room textures have been missing or turned black.

Example from torture room:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling? Using R8 repack.
You mean the textures of all rooms?
I´m not so familiar with the game structure, but as I know there a 2 locations for maps.
The default maps are to find in abdata/map/advpos/30 and abdata/map/scene.
Extra scene mods are in mods/"Sideloader Modpack - Maps (HS2 Game)".

The Sideloader Mods you can restore via update function in InitSetting, but for the default maps I think there seems only to help a complete reinstall.
Otherwise you extract the Repack to another location (this can be an extern drive) and compare the folders I told you above and copy only the missing or corrupted files into your game.

Reactions: Hapsi

Initializing...

Dec 30, 2019
Anyone know where I can get more mods, been seeing a lot of clothing/accessory mods on pixiv but the repacks hardly has any of those. The users don't mention where they got the mods either and it's in chinese language which i obviously don't understand. I came across a foreign site similar to patreon that has modders selling unique mods but sh*t it's all in chinese and don't know how legit it is to be paying for it. Really wish there was modding community site that has a variety of mods avaliable even from foreign modders, i don't mind paying for some, but at least be able to understand and buy it (with minimal risk like not being scammed or something). Looking on a foreign site can be sketchy at times.

alex7892

May 2, 2021
It means a card is loaded into the actual game and the only way to get rid of it is to unload it from the game. It does the registering thing as a way to protect the card from being edited while metadata controlling the status of the character in game is actively being written to the card as any edit to a card with metadata being actively written to it runs the risk of being corrupted, which would make it completely useless.

Correct, the star means that the card coontains metadata controlling the character's state. In other words, things like whether she's broken or hates you or even if she has any sex experience. The kinds of metadata that can only be altered during play.

There is no such attribute, but there are gameplay requirements that both girls have to meet. These are things that can be solved by playing with each girl to be used together separately, things like sex experience, which I believe they do need to not be virgins to be eligible for use together.
Thanks alex2011 :)

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Anyone know where I can get more mods, been seeing a lot of clothing/accessory mods on pixiv but the repacks hardly has any of those. The users don't mention where they got the mods either and it's in chinese language which i obviously don't understand. I came across a foreign site similar to patreon that has modders selling unique mods but sh*t it's all in chinese and don't know how legit it is to be paying for it. Really wish there was modding community site that has a variety of mods avaliable even from foreign modders, i don't mind paying for some, but at least be able to understand and buy it (with minimal risk like not being scammed or something). Looking on a foreign site can be sketchy at times.
There's the Discord, which I believe is linked on the first page.

vualtdragon

Oct 28, 2018
are these two mods already in the repack

Fappinius

Jan 3, 2020
Some of my girls change clothes, hair, iris and even body proportions on their own in normal game. Sometimes they go back to normal when I edit them in character creator, but some are persistent and change back. Did they achieve self awareness? or is it a bug? I run BR 3 DX

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Some of my girls change clothes, hair, iris and even body proportions on their own in normal game. Sometimes they go back to normal when I edit them in character creator, but some are persistent and change back. Did they achieve self awareness? or is it a bug? I run BR 3 DX
Well, this never happened to me, so I can only speculate about the cause.
Anyway your game version is very outdated (actually we have DX BR8), so may be some compatibility errors between newer cards and your old game version.
So I recommend first to download R8 and make a new install. For Backup keep your old game, so you can switch back if neccessary or save mods no more included in R8.
Later you can delete the old game, when R8 is running well (I always do so when changing to next Repack).

Reactions: Fappinius

elobavy

Sep 10, 2019
I have a Mac, I play HS2 R8on a virtual machine, Parallels Desktop, running Windows, and everything else about the game is working, except the camera angles, I can adjust certain things using the number keys and arrows on the keyboard but the mouse should be able to control the camera correct, mine doesn’t and I don’t know why

any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
This is just a guess, but, it's probably Parallels. There's something in the way unity handles mouse/button events that 'breaks' sometimes. The same thing happens if you use remote desktop -- almost everything works, but, camera controls do not, not with the mouse, and I don't know any keyboard commands beyond what is in the default key controls (F2 to see)

I didn't find anyone online talking about unity and parallels, though, so I may be wrong. You can find a lot of hits on unity and remote desktop, fwiw

Reactions: DrWho345

akvofpl

Oct 14, 2019
After a year of using StudioNeo 2 I stumbled across a problem, such as scene loading time. Some scenes can now take 10-20 minutes to load. Does anyone know anything about this?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
After a year of using StudioNeo 2 I stumbled across a problem, such as scene loading time. Some scenes can now take 10-20 minutes to load. Does anyone know anything about this?
Some of it depends on how big the scene is in terms of objects to be loaded, including characters and every little thing on those characters. Every single one is going to increase the time it takes. Some mods may also increase loading times with each mod having the same effect as objects in the scene, an increase per mod. Then there's RAM, which is what Illusion games typically focus on using so as to give computers without dedicated graphics at least a limited ability to play. The less you have, the more time it takes, and the more objects in the scene, the more RAM it takes to load.

Aug 11, 2020
Most of it depends on the objects in your scene. When you load them for the first time, objects with ridiculous polygon count and/or texture resolution will take up to a minute to load. A good example is the thatch beach umbrella (made by HooH I think). There's also a bunch of maps with the same problem. Then there's bugs that will make your characters or scenes load for ages. One of my characters has this bug and I have no idea what's causing it.

If you really want to know what's causing it: make a list of objects in your scene, then close and open Studio (to remove the loaded objects from your memory) and then start adding them one by one in an empty scene.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes