turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
is the sideloader pack just like every mod and all in one from the community or something?
As the name says it is a bunch of community mods.
There are 2 different Modpacks: one for the game is included in BetterRepack, the other is only for StudioNEO.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
if I wanted to get started on HS is this version better than the steam 2 dx one that just came out? plan to mod both of course.
also do I want All-In-One (DX R7 Base Game Repack)? does it require I get the latest patch on the site too?

also does anyone know any of the popular Asian sites that have the scene mods made by people that they upload? and I cant seem to find the official discord all the links don't work heard its the best place for mods
The Studio mods are not included in the BetterRepack, you have also to download the "Sideloader Modpack Studio" (81.2 GB).
View attachment 1852581

I´m not working with Studio so as I sayed ask in Studio scene sharing thread.
This is not correct, only SOME studio mods are not included, not all studio mods were removed to save space (that's why the Sideloader Modpack was made, to save space because the game is like 3x bigger with it, but the mods are useful in the studio. Some studio mods do come installed already, but mostly less useful ones). However, I would definitely recommend the Sideloader Modpack for anyone who is intending to use the studio and I also recommend waiting until a later version of Better Repack that will include the translations from the Steam version without needing to do any extra work to get the Steam version to the same level of modding.

Reactions: turbojoe

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
This is not correct, only SOME studio mods are not included, not all studio mods were removed to save space (that's why the Sideloader Modpack was made, to save space because the game is like 3x bigger with it, but the mods are useful in the studio. Some studio mods do come installed already, but mostly less useful ones). However, I would definitely recommend the Sideloader Modpack for anyone who is intending to use the studio and I also recommend waiting until a later version of Better Repack that will include the translations from the Steam version without needing to do any extra work to get the Steam version to the same level of modding.
"only SOME studio mods are not included"? = 81,2 GB? :ROFLMAO:

jams666

Dec 10, 2021
Is the steam version as updated as R81? should I get the R81 or wait for steam to be updated? I don't mind waiting I just want to start on the best possible version at the time from the start and just noticed the English steam one just came out

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
"only SOME studio mods are not included"? = 81,2 GB? :ROFLMAO:
Yes, it is bigger than that with the Sideloader Modpack. My latest copy is 83GB with the Sideloader Modpack and that copy is on R4.1, much older than R8.1. I still haven't updated to a newer version than that because I have been waiting for a big thing to catch my interest, like this Steam version. Also, you can pull up the search bar in the studio and find mod items, you would not find mod items if none were included already installed. The Sideloader Modpack was just some mods removed to save some space for people who don't use the studio, they were installed before the Sideloader Modpack existed, making the size of the actual game similar to what it would be if someone were to install the Sideloader Modpack if it had existed at the time.

Is the steam version as updated as R81? should I get the R81 or wait for steam to be updated? I don't mind waiting I just want to start on the best possible version at the time from the start and just noticed the English steam one just came out
No, it is a major step backwards. I suggest waiting until the main Better Repack is updated with a translation rip. It will still run the Japanese version of the game, which has the most modding, but it will use the same translation as the Steam version, which is literally the only benefit the Steam version has.

jams666

Dec 10, 2021
Yes, it is bigger than that with the Sideloader Modpack. My latest copy is 83GB with the Sideloader Modpack and that copy is on R4.1, much older than R8.1. I still haven't updated to a newer version than that because I have been waiting for a big thing to catch my interest, like this Steam version. Also, you can pull up the search bar in the studio and find mod items, you would not find mod items if none were included already installed. The Sideloader Modpack was just some mods removed to save some space for people who don't use the studio, they were installed before the Sideloader Modpack existed, making the size of the actual game similar to what it would be if someone were to install the Sideloader Modpack if it had existed at the time.

No, it is a major step backwards. I suggest waiting until the main Better Repack is updated with a translation rip. It will still run the Japanese version of the game, which has the most modding, but it will use the same translation as the Steam version, which is literally the only benefit the Steam version has.
so is there no point ever getting the steam version if the other r.8.1+ version keeps getting updated or theres a sort of benefit?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
so is there no point ever getting the steam version if the other r.8.1+ version keeps getting updated or theres a sort of benefit?
The Steam version itself comes with nothing that is worth getting now and actually comes with less than R8.1 does plus needs extra steps because it is on Steam, the only real difference is R8.1 still uses machine translation in real time to make it English, which is likely to be replaced with a translation rip taken straight out of the Steam version, then you will have the better modding of the Japanese version combined with the better translation of the Steam version.

For that reason, it may be better to wait until this translation rip is included into the main Japanese version Better Repack, the one at R8.1 now, so that you get the best of everything.

Does this come with the game?
Yes, and a ton of mods.

jams666

Dec 10, 2021
The Steam version itself comes with nothing that is worth getting now and actually comes with less than R8.1 does plus needs extra steps because it is on Steam, the only real difference is R8.1 still uses machine translation in real time to make it English, which is likely to be replaced with a translation rip taken straight out of the Steam version, then you will have the better modding of the Japanese version combined with the better translation of the Steam version.

For that reason, it may be better to wait until this translation rip is included into the main Japanese version Better Repack, the one at R8.1 now, so that you get the best of everything.

Yes, and a ton of mods.
so I guess maybe the r9.0 will have the better steam translation soon or whatever they call the version after 8.1?

Reactions: alex2011

Gr8T8ste

Sep 10, 2021
I have question, is optional sideloader studio mods and maps required to fully experience the game or are studio mods only for studio scene maker?

NTRprise

Jan 22, 2018
Sorry, I'm kind of at a loss here, if I download " 2021-11-28 Optional Sideloader Modpack - Part Download (69.67GB) " does it come with the game or is it just mods ?

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes