Jan 8, 2018
?HS Downloader?
I don´t know this.

I´m always downloading the recent Repack (now R9) via torrent from here and extract the .7z file (actually ~80GB) into a new Gamefolder, start InitSetting.exe - that´s it.

Well yes, but after having downloaded, there is a 'network' option. From there you can download cards created by others, However only the AI downloader seems to be working not the HS one.

1.png 2.png

Reactions: turbojoe

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Well yes, but after having downloaded, there is a 'network' option. From there you can download cards created by others, However only the AI downloader seems to be working not the HS one.

View attachment 1863095 View attachment 1863099
Those are normally blocked to anyone who isn't either in Japan or isn't using a VPN to fool the server, it's actually odd that either of them is working.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021

View attachment 1863095 View attachment 1863099
Ok, never mentioned this option.

Making no sense for me, having plenty other opportunitys to download cards, for example
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-and-honey-select-2-card-sharing-thread.44248/page-513

And watch card sharing thread with open eyes, many members posting cards here have an own booru site where they share their other amazing cards.

gunshot bride

Oct 17, 2018
nevermind figured it out. for some reason avast decided to install "ransomware protection" on everything in my downloads folder, making it all read only, and thus not able to add things, and hs2/studio neo were affected. keeping this up in case anyone in the future has a similar problem

Hifumi32

Oct 18, 2020
can someone help me? so i downloaded the DX-R7 (44gb) one from the post and when i try to extract it, it says cannot open the file; i tried using winrar/7-zip, extract files/extract here, select just one/all but still the same, also none of em is on read-only and i still has 160gb space, any idea whats wrong?

markdx4

Apr 3, 2020
r9 unzips to [ScrewThisNoise] HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R9

i can not move that folder from desktop

lf i do move this folder another location and start the game it will create this folder name on desktop every time
and put this subfolder into this which is presets foler

in studio i have no presets at all and no cubemaps

i have to copy all my presets and cubemaps to this location

where in settings do i change this forced default folder locations?

please advise

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
can someone help me? so i downloaded the DX-R7 (44gb) one from the post and when i try to extract it, it says cannot open the file; i tried using winrar/7-zip, extract files/extract here, select just one/all but still the same, also none of em is on read-only and i still has 160gb space, any idea whats wrong?
These are splitted packs, you have to follow this way
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/post-8174651

By the way we have Repck R9 now! I recommend absolutely to download again the newest version, there are a lot of improvements against the outdated R7.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
r9 unzips to [ScrewThisNoise] HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R9

i can not move that folder from desktop

lf i do move this folder another location and start the game it will create this folder name on desktop every time
and put this subfolder into this which is presets foler

in studio i have no presets at all and no cubemaps

i have to copy all my presets and cubemaps to this location

where in settings do i change this forced default folder locations?

please advise
Maybe because the folder name with [...]?
You don´t need this folder name - I create a folder "HONEY SELECT R9" (always on top of a drive for short file pathes!) and extract there with 7-Zip direct without any subfolder. Should look like this
Game-folder.jpg

Fzeren

Sep 25, 2020
Since downloading R9 (fresh install) things have gotten waaay slower. Is there any particular thing which might be causing this, or is it just the inevitable result of the size?

markdx4

Apr 3, 2020
Maybe because the folder name with [...]?
You don´t need this folder name - I create a folder "HONEY SELECT R9" (always on top of a drive for short file pathes!) and extract there with 7-Zip direct without any subfolder. Should look like this
View attachment 1864419
my main folder is hs2 v9 but if i unzip into folder it will still create and default to [ScrewThisNoise] HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R9 /prestes

markdx4

Apr 3, 2020
if working on scene and find out presets missing and cubemaps missing i have to re-copy over those folders and start again???

v8 no problems like this

UPDATE :::: Deleted all r9 and fresh unzip working if i dont use mods from r8 so some mod causing issues

Last edited:

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019
Put all of the Sideloader Modpack folders into the mods folder.

No, you are likely to break your game that way. R9 uses the Japanese version of the game with the translation ripped from the Steam version, the Japanese version and the Steam version are typically not compatible in a way that lets you combine them.
well i hope STN can make that compatible one day, that will make my day :>
SB2 converts the Steam game into the JP game.
It will get it to a R9 state (SB1 was based on R8.1), so there is no need to separately install R9, as... you already got R9 if you got SB2.
BetterRepack R9 IS RUNNING WELL! :love:

As I ´m doing always made a clean new install and transfered my personal files from R8.1 analogue this guide of Sykosis: https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/post-7888002

First rounds with my favorite girls were successful, no issues showed up.
And I recognized first translation improvements :D

Thanks to STN and Sykosis :love::love::love:
Glad to hear, seems like that's the general consensus, which makes me unreasonably glad... as I worked myself to the bone at the time dealing with the Steam version, translation ripping and testing of R9 at once >.<
Tried my best to make it a good release, but was kinda scared I would miss something due to... well... everything. :coffee:

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019
Oh yeah, those of you having problems connecting to the HS card downloading service, config files to connect to the steam database is live on KKManager, so just run the updater and select that to get configs for that.

Do keep in mind though, illusion REALLY doesn't like modding and has been known to ban users uploading modded content, so I would only download from there if you're using mods

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019
Since downloading R9 (fresh install) things have gotten waaay slower. Is there any particular thing which might be causing this, or is it just the inevitable result of the size?
If it's your first boot, it may feel quite sluggish, just reboot the game and it should be good... also, if you're using GraphicsMod or DHH that will take a hit on your performance, so check if any of those are enabled in the launcher

Hifumi32

Oct 18, 2020
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/post-8174651

By the way we have Repck R9 now! I recommend absolutely to download again the newest version, there are a lot of improvements against the outdated R7.
before i ask i already search the same issue that you mention and follow the instruction; my comment is from the issue even after i follow it, thats why i post here; and after tracking the comment, the person who also has the same issue with me doesnt even get their problem solved with that way.
also, here is the error message when i tried to extract all and when i tried to extract just the first.

Last edited:

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
before i ask i already search the same issue that you mention and follow the instruction; my comment is from the issue even after i follow it, thats why i post here; and after tracking the comment, the person who also has the same issue with me doesnt even get their problem solved with that way.
also, here is the error message when i tried to extract all and when i tried to extract just the first.
Sry - no clue what´s going wrong.
If you did exactly like here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/post-7289769 and there is an error apparently after first split, maybe this file is corrupted downloaded.
Try to download again, otherwise (I recommend) try torrent download ( ) - there is more chance to avoid corrupted files.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
The file got corrupted during download and does not have all the data it is supposed to, you will need to download again.

You actually do NOT have to use the split archive, this is only if you don't want to torrent the files as split archives are the only way to upload games this big to a direct download site, like MEGA, for free.

It might be a mod, not sure since I don't have the issue.

• Thinking Face
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes