exodusonfire

Nov 15, 2019
Really hope to get some help here.
I had this installed on an secondary harddrive where it was working fine (I've been playing HS for years) and I had to do a fresh install of Windows a few days back.
Now the game still launches fine (I use initsetting) but the game won't load any plugins/mods whatsoever. I know this not only because everything is in Japanese now but because in the settings the option to look through all the plugin settings is gone.
I tracked this problem to persist through all Unity/Bepinex games like Koikatsu and Playhome, they all launch and play fine but no plugins load. It's like I am playing the base vanilla japanese game even though i have hundreds of plugins.

Regardless I downloaded HS2 DX R12 fresh from STN website and did not transfer any files from my old folder but the issue still persists. Since the game works perfectly fine other than not a single mod or plugin loading I have to believe this is something related to Bepinex but I have no idea what, I have tried many different things for hours. And yes I fully updated Windows as well

I am hoping someone here is tech savvy or has some deeper knowledge about how the plugins are loaded. let me know if i should upload any screenshots

Thankfully, I fix my problem today. I want to be very specific here cause I know my situation was maybe like an edge case but maybe it help someone in future.

I built brand new PC and had to reinstall Windows because of this but I had all my sexy time games(HS2, Koikatsu, AI Girl, etc) on a separate HDD that I moved over. All the games launch and ran fine but they were the base vanilla games with no mods at all even though I am using STN's repack.
Initially when the game launch everything is in Japanese so I immediately assume that this is a problem with the autotranslater. If you ever see this, go into the settings first (hopefully you have the buttons memorized since its in japanese now) and check if the plugin settings option is available. If it is there then Bepinex is loading and you have different problem, but if it is missing then maybe you have my issue, below is the fix that worked for me.

I did several things before this but I am sure what fixed it was opening CMD as administrator and running the following command sfc /scannow . This is Windows' system file checker and it will scan the entire OS for problems and attempt to fix them. When it finished it did report finding problems and that it fixed them. I restarted PC and the damn BepInNex finally launched and did it's first time setup nonsense that took forever but it works.

Reactions: turbojoe

rassa

Apr 15, 2023
I am re-installing but I only want the complete game with all the mods without studio neo .
how do i do that?
cartalle of the game just installed without optionals and not yet launched
5.jpg

Last edited:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I am re-installing but I only want the complete game with all the mods without studio neo .
how do i do that?
thanks
View attachment 2554051
The all in one pack is just the game with mods. The studio neo comes pre packaged with the base game out of the box, it just doesn't have the mods for it. You also don't need that rar after your done extracting it.

rassa

Apr 15, 2023
The all in one pack is just the game with mods. The studio neo comes pre packaged with the base game out of the box, it just doesn't have the mods for it. You also don't need that rar after your done extracting it.
can I now play and upgrade without losing anything?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
can I now play and upgrade without losing anything?
As far as I know. The init setting may have an option to update. The version here is R11 and the latest is 12. There wasn't enough changed for me to "update" to 12 so I'm still using 11. I see no reason to change anything on my end because everything works fine how it is.

It may be a good idea to backup any custom cards you have made. That seems like the only thing that could be deleted but no update prosses if perfect anyway. There are people that are adamant on jumping right to the newest repack but it's your choice to do so or not. A new repack doesn't mean the previous one stops working.

Reactions: turbojoe and rassa

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Thankfully, I fix my problem today. I want to be very specific here cause I know my situation was maybe like an edge case but maybe it help someone in future.

I built brand new PC and had to reinstall Windows because of this but I had all my sexy time games(HS2, Koikatsu, AI Girl, etc) on a separate HDD that I moved over. All the games launch and ran fine but they were the base vanilla games with no mods at all even though I am using STN's repack.
Initially when the game launch everything is in Japanese so I immediately assume that this is a problem with the autotranslater. If you ever see this, go into the settings first (hopefully you have the buttons memorized since its in japanese now) and check if the plugin settings option is available. If it is there then Bepinex is loading and you have different problem, but if it is missing then maybe you have my issue, below is the fix that worked for me.

I did several things before this but I am sure what fixed it was opening CMD as administrator and running the following command sfc /scannow . This is Windows' system file checker and it will scan the entire OS for problems and attempt to fix them. When it finished it did report finding problems and that it fixed them. I restarted PC and the damn BepInNex finally launched and did it's first time setup nonsense that took forever but it works.
Ok - fine you solved your issue :D
Anyway weird cuz I myself upgraded my gaming laptop to WIN11 without any effect on HS2.
Also the renewal of my Desktop with new mainbord and CPU and rearranging my SSDs and HDDs didn´t bother my HS2 there.
So I have no clue what happened to you.

But as always a clean new install should help

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I installed AutoTranslator in the root directory of the game but lost many cards and future of the game, why?
I´m a little confused - all your cards, coordinates and game progression (save.dat) is in folder UserData and never touched by any install of a plugin or mods update.
If you make a new install you can transfer your UserData folder to the new game and have all your cards again.
The same is the MyMods folder - here you should store mods that you´re downloading yourself, they don´t be overwritten by sideloader update.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I´m a little confused - all your cards, coordinates and game progression (save.dat) is in folder UserData and never touched by any install of a plugin or mods update.
If you make a new install you can transfer your UserData folder to the new game and have all your cards again.
The same is the MyMods folder - here you should store mods that you´re downloading yourself, they don´t be overwritten by sideloader update.
The only thing that comes to mind is they may have clicked the Vanillify the game and now its back to default.

• Thinking Face

Konrad Simon

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
I'm trying to figure out the studio. Does anyone know of a Discord server where noob questions would not be unwelcome? I failed to find one when searching.

Konrad Simon

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
There was one youtube video that looked perfect for starting out, but it is no longer up. I've looked at a couple of the others, and I'm not there yet.

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Really hope to get some help here.
I had this installed on an secondary harddrive where it was working fine (I've been playing HS for years) and I had to do a fresh install of Windows a few days back.
Now the game still launches fine (I use initsetting) but the game won't load any plugins/mods whatsoever. I know this not only because everything is in Japanese now but because in the settings the option to look through all the plugin settings is gone.
I tracked this problem to persist through all Unity/Bepinex games like Koikatsu and Playhome, they all launch and play fine but no plugins load. It's like I am playing the base vanilla japanese game even though i have hundreds of plugins.

Regardless I downloaded HS2 DX R12 fresh from STN website and did not transfer any files from my old folder but the issue still persists. Since the game works perfectly fine other than not a single mod or plugin loading I have to believe this is something related to Bepinex but I have no idea what, I have tried many different things for hours. And yes I fully updated Windows as well

I am hoping someone here is tech savvy or has some deeper knowledge about how the plugins are loaded. let me know if i should upload any screenshots
Well - I have no experience playing from an external drive, the only thing I can recommend is to avoid registry fixer and run the game standalone.
But if I remember right Velcrofly did so - ask him for help.
I run all my Illusion games from an external SD card. I haven't experienced the same problem but I did on one occasion experience something that may be similar.
My laptop has a built-in card reader and when I firsy bought the card & tried running HS2 iwith the card in the laptop's card reader it would only run in Japanese. I couldn't change it. I didn't get as far as knowing whether I had teh same plug-in issue as well.
I then switched the card to be accessed from an external card reader and everytghing worked fine and in English. The drive letter changed. When I tried going back to that SD card through the laptop's reader it woudl have the same problem. Yet it all worked perfectly via the external reader.
Later I got another SD card - same make and specification. That works perfectly on the laptop's reader.
I can't understand why one works fine one way and another (same make and spec) doesn't.
Hopefullyy sharing all this will make some sense t someone and will help solve your problem.
The only idea I have from my experience is to try using the same drive with maybe a different USB port of similar way of triggering the PC to assign a different drive letter. It's a long shot and I don't immediately see why it would work logically but it would replicate how mine worked.

Hope this helps in some way

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I'm trying to figure out the studio. Does anyone know of a Discord server where noob questions would not be unwelcome? I failed to find one when searching.
In addition to Skeltom more YouTube Tutorials

And watch these threads here on F95
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-honey-select-2-studio-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
The game is not going well for me when selecting a place it does not work or editing a character is like a bug
You mean this Map Selection while "Exploring the Building"?
ExploreTheBuilding.jpg

Never had this problem neither heard about a bug from.
Seems your install isn´t correct - try a new install and be sure to place the game main folder on top of a drive (not C:\), e.g. D:\HS2

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
No idea but you could ask here I guess. The lads here are already used to repeat after repeat anyway and they don't seem to mind XD
You can also PM me, especially for animation-related stuff. I'll respond in around a day I hope

Reactions: Konrad Simon
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes