turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Am I missing some step in the installation process? For the life of me I can't get Zipmods to load in-game. I keep getting the outdated zipmod error and a character that looks like an eldritch horror.

I unzipped the main file, unzipped the sideloader file, updated everything through the launcher (except one component that was not recommended to update) and ran the registry .bat. From what I understand I don't need to do anything else and it should work?

I even tried to manually install a zipmod through the manager but it just told me the zipmod was already installed.

This is BetterRepack R11. The non-steam version.
This looks like you have missing a special face zipmod needed for the character you´re loading.
Some creators are packing the face sculpting and makeup into a zipmod and you need this zipmod to download in addition to the card. These are the mods you can see in Face Types as a thumbnail picture or "use with card" and named with the character name.
FacialType-Cards.jpg
Though there are several character zipmods included in BetterRepack you may have a card outside these zipmods.

Post a screenshot of the missing message or share the card here so we can test what is needed.

Kr27

Donor
Jul 20, 2018
To precise Skeltoms answer:
all the Sideloader Modpacks are for the game and have to stay exactly in "mods" as your screenshot shows. This is important cuz on this place the update function (in InitSetting or KK-Manager) is looking for (game) mods to be updated.
Only the Sideloader Modpack-Studio is for StudioNEO - if only a few files included you can leave it there, but it´s correct you don´t need the big 150GB [Optional] Sideloader Modpack Studio to download for the game. As the name says it´s ONLY for StudioNEO.

One word to MyMods: here you store all extra zipmods besides the BetterRepack you download from anywhere for yourself. In this place they won´t be touched by the update function from Sideloader, otherwise they may be deleted when running Sideloader update.

This Sideloader update you should run after your install and testing correct game starting, cuz meanwhile some mods may have been updated against the versions in downloaded BetterRepack.
This updating you should run from time to time to always have the latest versions of (game) mods. But don´t forget to deselect the Studio Modpack section before starting the update.
View attachment 2605345
Also the Extra Maps are mostly for Studio and not usable for the game.
Does "Sideloader Modpack - User Data" is for Studio ?

wnnjwllj

Sep 20, 2022
If I want to update my BetterRepack version where do I start the .exe from?

Do I need to put it in a certain folder first?

Judge_Hershey

Jan 6, 2019
This looks like you have missing a special face zipmod needed for the character you´re loading.
Some creators are packing the face sculpting and makeup into a zipmod and you need this zipmod to download in addition to the card. These are the mods you can see in Face Types as a thumbnail picture or "use with card" and named with the character name.
View attachment 2605395
Though there are several character zipmods included in BetterRepack you may have a card outside these zipmods.

Post a screenshot of the missing message or share the card here so we can test what is needed.
For the purpose of demonstrating I picked one that is shown to be in what I think is the correct place in the folder screenshot.
Some assets seem to load without textures as well, as shown here.

When the character is loaded in 5.png I loaded a card, but I don't think it's the same zipmod.

Thanks for the help.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Do I really need to update through every version of BetterRepack?

Or can I just get the newest one?
If you have an old version you can upgrade it from here , but you have to do each single step til you´re at R12.
Each step increases the chance something get weird and your game doesn´t work.

Best way is always to download the last version from here and make a clean new install.

Reactions: wnnjwllj

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
For the purpose of demonstrating I picked one that is shown to be in what I think is the correct place in the folder screenshot.
Some assets seem to load without textures as well, as shown here.

When the character is loaded in 5.png I loaded a card, but I don't think it's the same zipmod.

Thanks for the help.
Your Aerith.zipmod is in the right place.

As I see in pic 4 u try to use a special face type on standard head - this doesn´t work. The Aerith face (it´s a zipmod) is only for use for Aerith card and nothing else.
All these skin types are only waiting until you load this special character card (as I showed you above) and not usable to create a new character.
In pic 5 we see your character Aerith is loading well, but u apply another top for her. Search here for Aerith
Aerith-Top.jpg

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
If I want to update my BetterRepack version where do I start the .exe from?

Do I need to put it in a certain folder first?
Not sure what you mean.
If you have extracted/installed the BetterRepack you launch the game via InitSetting.exe - make a shortcut on your desktop.

Updating (only the Sideloader mods - not the game!) you start on the button left down in InitSetting screen
InitSetting-R12-Update.jpg

Judge_Hershey

Jan 6, 2019
Your Aerith.zipmod is in the right place.

As I see in pic 4 u try to use a special face type on standard head - this doesn´t work. The Aerith face (it´s a zipmod) is only for use for Aerith card and nothing else.
All these skin types are only waiting until you load this special character card (as I showed you above) and not usable to create a new character.
In pic 5 we see your character Aerith is loading well, but u apply another top for her. Search here for Aerith
View attachment 2605976
Oh. I thought it worked differently.
That explains it, thanks again for the help!

Reactions: turbojoe
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes