DarkFire VNs

[Desires & Power : A Dark World] Dev
Game Developer
Apr 23, 2022
Thanks Skeltom . Going to try this method then. As for why extension is being JPEG, well i was messing around with different settings of a lot of things to decrease render size and somehow got this extension change instead.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Thanks Skeltom . Going to try this method then. As for why extension is being JPEG, well i was messing around with different settings of a lot of things to decrease render size and somehow got this extension change instead.
Not a problem, and good luck. Hopefully all of the changes you made didn't completely bork something :).

• Red Heart
Reactions: DarkFire VNs

ana sucubbus

Sep 27, 2018
Whats the differents between all the downloads ?
I dont know what version to download.

Steam Version
All-In-One (DX R11 Base Game Repack)
2022-06-10 Optional Sideloader Modpack - Part Download

jojo901

Mar 17, 2019
Whats the differents between all the downloads ?
I dont know what version to download.

Steam Version
All-In-One (DX R11 Base Game Repack)
2022-06-10 Optional Sideloader Modpack - Part Download
Latest Version is R12

About Optional sideloader :
Contains multiple assets for animation in StudioNEO. Not relevant to those interested in just playing the game.
Unzip to your "mods" folder. (First Page/FAQ)

3 0 1 2

Mar 10, 2021
I can change positions and control everything fine. Only thing is that when girl is on top she is always looking away whatever card I use. Is there a setting to change their reactions.
Girl looking away: hmmm...., didn´t recognize so far - for example reverse cowboy girl is turning her neck to look into your face. Anyway I don´t know a method to influence the direction of eyes. If you hit "N" in the H-scene you can fine adjust hands, face and body, but not the eyes. ;)
Hotkeys for eyes and head direction are '1' and '2', they toggle them between camera and pose , like the option in the Maker.

Besides the basic animation dictated by the positions, a girl's reaction is usually influenced by personality, state and experience - e.g. she will avoid looking at the player character if she has a high Aversion level.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Reactions: jojo901

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
My issue actually does not relate that much with renpy as it does with HS2 and neostudio2 , but thanks anyways. Anyone else who can help me out regarding renders size being too large and how to change render type from jpg to webp in neostudio2/HS2?
Ok then.
You know these threads yet?
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-honey-select-2-studio-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
i was going to reinstall regardless. as far as new mods? none. i only tried like 2 that are that were in the Optional folder, but this was yesterday. the game had already crashed before. it was after updating to 12. i did update it by just downloading the files required from BR website. maybe it will run better if i do a FULL 12 install? what folders should i back up in this case besides my userdata?
You aren´t the first one having troubles with only upgrading. It seems sometimes the old game is conflicting with new base mods.
I myself ALWAYS making a full clean download/install.
Read also here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-8636239

To add: after install first launch the game out of the box to see everything is loading correctly, afterthen transfer you personal stuff (following Sykosis´s guide) from your old game.

DarkFire VNs

[Desires & Power : A Dark World] Dev
Game Developer
Apr 23, 2022
Here to bother you again Skeltom :D. Any vehicle driving and bike riding poses pack there? Also how to make character wounded (gunfire, knife cut, accident, fire burn, etc) and add blood(puddle, cut, bullet, mouth/nose bleeding after fight) ?
I have downloaded some zipmods for blood and etc but they are just some blood balls, blood storm type shit.
Andddd in studio neo when i chose a category for pose in kinematics menu, there is no back button there so i get stuck with that category/folder of poses until i close and execute Studio again.
Slowly realizing how deep this rabbit hole goes... o_O

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Here to bother you again Skeltom :D. Any vehicle driving and bike riding poses pack there? Also how to make character wounded (gunfire, knife cut, accident, fire burn, etc) and add blood(puddle, cut, bullet, mouth/nose bleeding after fight) ?
I have downloaded some zipmods for blood and etc but they are just some blood balls, blood storm type shit.
Andddd in studio neo when i chose a category for pose in kinematics menu, there is no back button there so i get stuck with that category/folder of poses until i close and execute Studio again.
Slowly realizing how deep this rabbit hole goes... o_O
It's a deep hole but it's also a fun one to be stuck in. As for making characters wounded I think there are a few lipsticks that look like bloody noses and such and a few other makeups that when colored dark look like bruises and whatnot. You could also look for overlays to use as well. I couldn't find a reliable source for what I needed so I am just making them myself from the template. I'm not entirely sure if there is blood pools(I think there is). Assuming you downloaded the sideloaders for studio. I would highly recommend it if you have the space and plan on using the studio.

In studio you can click "Find" in the bottom left boxes and type in blood to see what comes up. There is actually a back button but it isn't labeled as such. The ... at the top of the list takes you back to the poses. For the riding and driving poses there are a ton of poses included but I don't know of a way personally to look through them. I just take the time to pose them myself so I'm afraid I can't help you there. You'll probably what to find a groove that works for you anyway if you ever decide to make custom animation in say timeline.

• Red Heart
Feb 3, 2022
You aren´t the first one having troubles with only upgrading. It seems sometimes the old game is conflicting with new base mods.
I myself ALWAYS making a full clean download/install.
Read also here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-8636239

To add: after install first launch the game out of the box to see everything is loading correctly, afterthen transfer you personal stuff (following Sykosis´s guide) from your old game.
thank you. doing the install as i post this. one thing: in my "mods" folder, should i have any folders that say "sideloader"? i am aware of the sideloader download for Studio. i only play the main game. i downloaded on only the BR12 game by itself. these folders are in my previous install. can i delete them or are they just part of the main game mods?

edit: i double checked the "mod" folder in new install before copying over and those Sideloader folders where there. i suppose they are required.

folders.png

Last edited:

Judge_Hershey

Jan 6, 2019
Am I missing some step in the installation process? For the life of me I can't get Zipmods to load in-game. I keep getting the outdated zipmod error and a character that looks like an eldritch horror.

I unzipped the main file, unzipped the sideloader file, updated everything through the launcher (except one component that was not recommended to update) and ran the registry .bat. From what I understand I don't need to do anything else and it should work?

I even tried to manually install a zipmod through the manager but it just told me the zipmod was already installed.

This is BetterRepack R11. The non-steam version.

Reactions: terza

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
thank you. doing the install as i post this. one thing: in my "mods" folder, should i have any folders that say "sideloader"? i am aware of the sideloader download for Studio. i only play the main game. i downloaded on only the BR12 game by itself. these folders are in my previous install. can i delete them or are they just part of the main game mods?
Some of the sideloaders are for the main game, it's not specific to studio. If I recall they are labeled differently. For example "Sideloader Modpack - Maps (HS2 Game)" and "Sideloader Modpack - Uncensor Selector" are used by the main game. While "Sideloader Modpack - Studio" is used by studio. Some mods also include a version of it for both and are just add by default.

Feb 3, 2022
Some of the sideloaders are for the main game, it's not specific to studio. If I recall they are labeled differently. For example "Sideloader Modpack - Maps (HS2 Game)" and "Sideloader Modpack - Uncensor Selector" are used by the main game. While "Sideloader Modpack - Studio" is used by studio. Some mods also include a version of it for both and are just add by default.
yes. i checked the new clean install before copying over my stuff and those folders where there. thank you for the clarification. i appreciate the heads-up. :)

Reactions: Skeltom

NatSlayer

Jan 9, 2018
Good, I have a problem, do you know how I can remove the dark skin? I tried editing the skin and changing the body style, it remains the same

Apr 4, 2023
I'm reinstalling the game (the 54 gb version without th studio part), can i move the studio file from my old installation? If possible i don't want to redownload the over 100 gb part.

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Good, I have a problem, do you know how I can remove the dark skin? I tried editing the skin and changing the body style, it remains the same
It could be that you need to have Graphics Mode on. Press F5 then select the SSS tab, ensure Enabled is ticked and Chara further down on that tab is selected (for Character).

Reactions: turbojoe

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021

edit: i double checked the "mod" folder in new install before copying over and those Sideloader folders where there. i suppose they are required.

View attachment 2604003
To precise Skeltoms answer:
all the Sideloader Modpacks are for the game and have to stay exactly in "mods" as your screenshot shows. This is important cuz on this place the update function (in InitSetting or KK-Manager) is looking for (game) mods to be updated.
Only the Sideloader Modpack-Studio is for StudioNEO - if only a few files included you can leave it there, but it´s correct you don´t need the big 150GB [Optional] Sideloader Modpack Studio to download for the game. As the name says it´s ONLY for StudioNEO.

One word to MyMods: here you store all extra zipmods besides the BetterRepack you download from anywhere for yourself. In this place they won´t be touched by the update function from Sideloader, otherwise they may be deleted when running Sideloader update.

This Sideloader update you should run after your install and testing correct game starting, cuz meanwhile some mods may have been updated against the versions in downloaded BetterRepack.
This updating you should run from time to time to always have the latest versions of (game) mods. But don´t forget to deselect the Studio Modpack section before starting the update.
Sideloder-update-StudioR12.jpg
Also the Extra Maps are mostly for Studio and not usable for the game.

Reactions: slammingsalmon

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I'm reinstalling the game (the 54 gb version without th studio part), can i move the studio file from my old installation? If possible i don't want to redownload the over 100 gb part.
Yes you can - but makes only sense if you work also with StudioNEO.
And in this case you can update these studio mods via the Sideloader update function, if you want.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes