turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Thanks! I downloaded the BetterRepack and stopped downloading the Modpack Studio.

The game runs fine and has a lot of Cards and Scenes. I even tried VR which ran smoothly. Only gripe is that I can't touch like in VAM

I can change positions and control everything fine. Only thing is that when girl is on top she is always looking away whatever card I use. Is there a setting to change their reactions.

Also there are no transitions between positions, can this be enabled.

Apart from the basics of controls and positions and changing Cards/Scenes etc what else can I do to make this interesting?
Fine you got it :D

Girl looking away: hmmm...., didn´t recognize so far - for example reverse cowboy girl is turning her neck to look into your face. Anyway I don´t know a method to influence the direction of eyes. If you hit "N" in the H-scene you can fine adjust hands, face and body, but not the eyes.

No interscene between positions, the game doesn´t know which scene you´re randomly choosing next.

Indeed there is no really "game script".
The first "quests" for beginners are to earn all the Achievements to unlock more positions and controls (like squirt). If your Player is full developed the remaining game action is limited to develop girls stats to get her falling in love with you or get broken etc.
Read more about here
Another possibility is to work with chara maker to create your own characters or tweak downloaded cards to your own taste.

Last but not least there ich the StudioNEO where you can create your own scenes (pictures with or without anmation).

Finally let me remind you on a certain behaviour here in F95: give "Likes" if you get helped ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: JenjenXX

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
The preview pics in the download page for HS2
Ahhh....OK - you´re meaning page 1 here.
Yep, you´re right, these aren´t HS2 scenes indeed.

Anyway you should get your BetterRepack from the original site
Here on page 1 you only get previous version R11 - links weren´t updated so far.

Reactions: Agent Enigma

the_fluff

Jun 26, 2020
This stuff is saved on the card u use.
Changing is only possible in chara maker, then u have to save this on the card by "Save (Keep Card)" or make a new card by "Save New".
I mean like stuff with clothes and hair and stuff in the character maker. Do I have all that I can use already in the chara maker or do I also have to unlock clothes and stuff through the game?

richman1975

Aug 24, 2020
SO, I don't know what I did wrong but I just spent 4 hours downloading the all in one file only to get a "Decryption error". Help please.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I mean like stuff with clothes and hair and stuff in the character maker. Do I have all that I can use already in the chara maker or do I also have to unlock clothes and stuff through the game?
All them coming with BetterRepack is available from beginning.

Reactions: the_fluff

jojo901

Mar 17, 2019
Thanks! I downloaded the BetterRepack and stopped downloading the Modpack Studio.

The game runs fine and has a lot of Cards and Scenes. I even tried VR which ran smoothly. Only gripe is that I can't touch like in VAM

I can change positions and control everything fine. Only thing is that when girl is on top she is always looking away whatever card I use. Is there a setting to change their reactions.

Also there are no transitions between positions, can this be enabled.

Apart from the basics of controls and positions and changing Cards/Scenes etc what else can I do to make this interesting?
just about the "Girl looking away" (anything else was well explained by turbo.) did you check the Girls status ? Because if she hates you, of course she will look away :ROFLMAO:
HS2_2023-05-06-19-40-04-560.png

Feb 3, 2022
my game has been closing itself. never had this issue before. no warning, error popup or windows prompt. it just closes. i think it did this ONCE or twice the first time i updated to 12 from 11. it hadn't done this in a good while. it usually happens before or after transitioning to an Hscene or after editing group. it doesn't do it all the time last night it did it multiple times.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
my game has been closing itself. never had this issue before. no warning, error popup or windows prompt. it just closes. i think it did this ONCE or twice the first time i updated to 12 from 11. it hadn't done this in a good while. it usually happens before or after transitioning to an Hscene or after editing group. it doesn't do it all the time last night it did it multiple times.
This is looking like a CTD (crash to desktop).
Did you include a new card or mod recently?

First try to run sideloader update, otherwise make a new install (be sure you have your game on top of a drive outside C:).

Reactions: slammingsalmon

DarkFire VNs

[Desires & Power : A Dark World] Dev
Game Developer
Apr 23, 2022
I am trying to make a visual novel in renpy and using honey select 2 renders. Issue is that i am just few scenes in but due to large images size the total size of vn is becoming too much. I am not even creating 4k renders, just 1920x1080. How do i decrease render size but still get good quality? And also how do i change the render type form jpg to webp?

Last edited:
Reactions: turbojoe

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I am trying to make a visual novel in renpy and using honey select 2 renders. Issue is that i am just few scenes in but due to large images size the total size of vn is becoming too much. I am not even creative 4k renders, just normal 1920x1080. How do i decrease render size but still get good quality? And also how do i change the render type form jpg to webp?
I myself have no experience in rendering, but here https://f95zone.to/all-features are threads of other renpy creators - maybe you can get help here.
May your adventure be successful (y)

Reactions: DarkFire VNs
Feb 3, 2022
This is looking like a CTD (crash to desktop).
Did you include a new card or mod recently?

First try to run sideloader update, otherwise make a new install (be sure you have your game on top of a drive outside C:).
i was going to reinstall regardless. as far as new mods? none. i only tried like 2 that are that were in the Optional folder, but this was yesterday. the game had already crashed before. it was after updating to 12. i did update it by just downloading the files required from BR website. maybe it will run better if i do a FULL 12 install? what folders should i back up in this case besides my userdata?

DarkFire VNs

[Desires & Power : A Dark World] Dev
Game Developer
Apr 23, 2022
I myself have no experience in rendering, but here https://f95zone.to/all-features are threads of other renpy creators - maybe you can get help here.
May your adventure be successful (y)
My issue actually does not relate that much with renpy as it does with HS2 and neostudio2 , but thanks anyways. Anyone else who can help me out regarding renders size being too large and how to change render type from jpg to webp in neostudio2/HS2?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I am trying to make a visual novel in renpy and using honey select 2 renders. Issue is that i am just few scenes in but due to large images size the total size of vn is becoming too much. I am not even creative 4k renders, just normal 1920x1080. How do i decrease render size but still get good quality? And also how do i change the render type form jpg to webp?
I assume you're using the screenshot manager and the rendered image (F11). I don't think there is a setting to change the output type for that plugin. Also depending on the complexity of the scene the image size will fluctuate pretty drastically. They should also be PNG so I'm not sure where you're getting the JPEG from. A lot of my renders are around 4MB. Not bad but not great either.

I've taken to converting them to webp with ffmeg after I get everything set up. I guess you could do the same. A 4MB PNG after converting is around 1MB and my oldish eyes can't see a noticeable difference.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes