Nov 28, 2021
in comprasion to AI this game is a bit buggy. I crash often/get frozen white screens after dialogue fade out or sometimes after choosing one of menus i cant intereact with camera/buttons during H scene or crash when i load a card. AI barely crashes for me compared to this. But at least i can use some cards that dont work in ai.
Overall vibe and game is somewhat better than ai but too buggy
also even with R15 i still have missing stuff just like in AI (some of the stuff that work in ai, or some of them even are not working properly/missing in both)

Last edited:

turbojoe

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2021
in comprasion to AI this game is a bit buggy. I crash often/get frozen white screens after dialogue fade out or sometimes after choosing one of menus i cant intereact with camera/buttons during H scene or crash when i load a card. AI barely crashes for me compared to this. But at least i can use some cards that dont work in ai.
Overall vibe and game is somewhat better than ai but too buggy
also even with R15 i still have missing stuff just like in AI (some of the stuff that work in ai, or some of them even are not working properly/missing in both)
I hope you have your HS2 in an optimal location for shortest file pathes like I posted here 1000 times.
Sometimes my game crashes if I load a card into CharaMaker, but while playing rather rarely.

If you´re a card collector from Yuki or similar don´t forget that there are many mods in use which aren´t part of BetterRepack - result: missing mod message.
I generally rework new cards and replace missing mods by those I already have in Repack or MyMods.

And don´t forget to run Sideloader "update" regularly to get the newest Repck mods and newest versions.

Reactions: letskillbitches

turbojoe

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2021
nextgen skin doesnt work, i installed it in the same location as ai
What will you tell us with "doesn´t work"?
And are you talking about HS2 or AI Shoujo?

You should give a more detailed description of your issue (maybe a screenshot) if you want help.

Nov 28, 2021
I hope you have your HS2 in an optimal location for shortest file pathes like I posted here 1000 times.
Sometimes my game crashes if I load a card into CharaMaker, but while playing rather rarely.

If you´re a card collector from Yuki or similar don´t forget that there are many mods in use which aren´t part of BetterRepack - result: missing mod message.
I generally rework new cards and replace missing mods by those I already have in Repack or MyMods.

And don´t forget to run Sideloader "update" regularly to get the newest Repck mods and newest versions.
kinda don't get how sideloader update works

Nov 28, 2021
What will you tell us with "doesn´t work"?
And are you talking about HS2 or AI Shoujo?

You should give a more detailed description of your issue (maybe a screenshot) if you want help.
i copied the nextgen mod from AI folder into HS2 folder, exact same installation as for AI but it doesn't work. In AI the nextgen skin works fine
1711554039286.png

Last edited:

turbojoe

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2021
kinda don't get how sideloader update works
You can start the "update" whether in InitSetting screen
InitSetting-Update.jpg

Or in KK-Manager
UpdatesKK-Manager.jpg

Now there is first the P2P setting to confirm, then wait for the Update List (may take several minutes)
Sideloader-Update-new.jpg
The P2P transfer has the advantage that the download itself may be significantly faster (but still may take several hours).

Sideloader-Update2.jpg
In this list you have to activate which pack you want to update (for example let the Studio Items unactivated, if you don´t have the Optional Studio Modpack Studio).

Now click on a Modpack Name and get listed below which new mods you get with this update (green text), and especially which mods get deleted (red text)
Sideloader-Update.jpg

Red texted mods to delete pls note: these are outdated mods, maybe you find the same as green text in the list - so you get the newer version, the old version get deleted.
But be careful about the only red texted - I always check them through and eventually make a backup before starting the update to avoid loosing them completely.

This function is the cause you should store self downloaded mods in mods/MyMods to prevent them from deleting while not listed in the Official Sideloader Mods Collection.

Then start the update - you can leave it alone (can last several hours), get a message if download/automatic install is completed.

turbojoe

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2021
i copied the nextgen mod from AI folder into HS2 folder, exact same installation as for AI but it doesn't work. In AI the nextgen skin works fine
View attachment 3483190
That looks fine - but I would them store in mods/MyMods, for what I posted above for "update".

Anyway they should also work in mods folder - you didn´t explain how you recognize they "don´t work"?
The Hanmen Shader you should see in Material Editor
HanmenShader.jpg

and the Skin (textures) here
Hanmen-FaceSkin.jpg HanmenNextGenTextures1.jpg

Btw in your screenshot I recognize you have your game on C:/.
If you can move it to another drive to avoid possible conflicts with the operating system (because you complained bad performance earlier).

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2021
You can start the "update" whether in InitSetting screen
View attachment 3483241

Or in KK-Manager
View attachment 3483245

Now there is first the P2P setting to confirm, then wait for the Update List (may take several minutes)
View attachment 3483283
The P2P transfer has the advantage that the download itself may be significantly faster (but still may take several hours).

View attachment 3483285
In this list you have to activate which pack you want to update (for example let the Studio Items unactivated, if you don´t have the Optional Studio Modpack Studio).

Now click on a Modpack Name and get listed below which new mods you get with this update (green text), and especially which mods get deleted (red text)
View attachment 3483297

Red texted mods to delete pls note: these are outdated mods, maybe you find the same as green text in the list - so you get the newer version, the old version get deleted.
But be careful about the only red texted - I always check them through and eventually make a backup before starting the update to avoid loosing them completely.

This function is the cause you should store self downloaded mods in mods/MyMods to prevent them from deleting while not listed in the Official Sideloader Mods Collection.

Then start the update - you can leave it alone (can last several hours), get a message if download/automatic install is completed.
guess what, i didnt have any updates beside the 190GB file suggestions

Nov 28, 2021
That looks fine - but I would them store in mods/MyMods, for what I posted above for "update".

Anyway they should also work in mods folder - you didn´t explain how you recognize they "don´t work"?
The Hanmen Shader you should see in Material Editor
View attachment 3483370

and the Skin (textures) here
View attachment 3483374 View attachment 3483376

Btw in your screenshot I recognize you have your game on C:/.
If you can move it to another drive to avoid possible conflicts with the operating system (because you complained bad performance earlier).
the skin is still dark just like it was in ai before i dropped the files into the folder.
i did same for HS2 but its still dark even after (it's dark when the material editor nextgen option is selected)

also i dont have any other drive.

turbojoe

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2021
the skin is still dark just like it was in ai before i dropped the files into the folder.
i did same for HS2 but its still dark even after (it's dark when the material editor nextgen option is selected)

also i dont have any other drive.
Dark skin happens if you hadn´t activated GraphicsMode and SSS in it.
Look at the txt file in your UserData/chara/female/Modpack (NextGenSkin) ;)
Just discussed yesterday https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r15-illusion.53457/post-13309277

No chance to create a new partition for your games?
Anyway best solution would be an additional SSD - would significantly increase the performance of Illusion games.

Reactions: letskillbitches
Nov 28, 2021
Dark skin happens if you hadn´t activated GraphicsMode and SSS in it.
Look at the txt file in your UserData/chara/female/Modpack (NextGenSkin) ;)
Just discussed yesterday https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r15-illusion.53457/post-13309277

No chance to create a new partition for your games?
Anyway best solution would be an additional SSD - would significantly increase the performance of Illusion games.
that's why I ran it on my old ssd portable drive that broke unfortunately.

also wth is this emoji on some cards on bepisDb, what does it mean
Screenshot_2024-03-23-19-56-23-69_2c9606bce337650a539aceea20c7df58.jpg

• Thinking Face
Reactions: turbojoe
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes