deflation

May 18, 2020
Well it wasn't a constructive opinion at all first of all.
His comment makes a sense for the way you're commenting a game, even if his answer isn't the best either.
The right reply is simple. If you really are disgusted about this game, this thread is not for you. :whistle:
My comment may have been worded harshly but that doesn't make it less true. I showed my disregard for the company's practices and clearly laid out my reasoning by offering information about their ToS and how they compiled the game. This whole mentality of "if you don't like it then go away" makes no sense to me. I will voice my opinion if I love something and I will do the same if I hate it.

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
My comment may have been worded harshly but that doesn't make it less true. I showed my disregard for the company's practices and clearly laid out my reasoning by offering information about their ToS and how they compiled the game. This whole mentality of "if you don't like it then go away" makes no sense to me. I will voice my opinion if I love something and I will do the same if I hate it.
Well right now your hatred has no solid foundation imo.
Simply because hating a new company that makes an average/good enough game as a first game, isn't the right thing to do in the first place.
They're not Illusion and people keeps talking about it expecting being them.
Maybe some were part of it, or maybe not. We can't know for sure how many of them are in ILLGAMES.
So we should take this game as a first game from a new company/group/whatever and see what they'll in the future.
Secondly, always imo, the worst a person can do is ignore a game instead of hating it... so even if my words has no sense to you, they have a lot of sense to me. Simply this means that you still have a degree of interest.
But we can't all think the same way, because otherwise this world would be too boring. :cool:

Shadowclonezero

Sep 21, 2017
Simply because hating a new company that makes an average/good enough game as a first game, isn't the right thing to do in the first place.
Maybe some were part of it, or maybe not. We can't know for sure how many of them are in ILLGAMES.
So we should take this game as a first game from a new company/group/whatever and see what they'll in the future.
Secondly, always imo, the worst a person can do is ignore a game instead of hating it... so even if my words has no sense to you, they have a lot of sense to me. Simply this means that you still have a degree of interest.
But we can't all think the same way, because otherwise this world would be too boring. :cool:
sry but I'm lost, why do you and other ppl seem to think this isn't the same group of devs from illusion, with just a different name? it's almost exactly the same game mechanics and creation as their past games.. like someone else said, it's like honeyselect and koikatsu combined in a lot of ways..

or are just giving benefit of doubt since we don't 100% know?

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019
Yes, it is "not" illusion, it got a different name after all...
And their product uses Koikatsu and HoneySelect assets and code liberally.

That would be code and assets that are copyrighted by IONE Plus, which very much seems to exist still, and as a Japanese company, they're very vulnerable to the Japanese legal system, which is quite merciless on corporate theft.

May be there's legal action happening behind the scenes, but it seems no media has sniffed that out.

Oh, and they seemingly have control over a known illusion Twatter account.

You add 2 and 2.

My money is on this being a very classic example of smoke and mirrors. It looks to me to be an attempt at exploiting the "new little indie" sentiment, as well as snuffing out competition (aka, their old games) for their new games after misidentifying why RoomGirl failed. In the 90s, when illusion management learned business, this would've made perfect sense, and likely worked..

Now though? Communication is too fast, and people have long since torn this game apart and found well enough to settle some minds.

Shadowclonezero

Sep 21, 2017
Yes, it is "not" illusion, it got a different name after all...
And their product uses Koikatsu and HoneySelect assets and code liberally.

That would be code and assets that are copyrighted by IONE Plus, which very much seems to exist still, and as a Japanese company, they're very vulnerable to the Japanese legal system, which is quite merciless on corporate theft.

May be there's legal action happening behind the scenes, but it seems no media has sniffed that out.

Oh, and they seemingly have control over a known illusion Twatter account.

You add 2 and 2.

My money is on this being a very classic example of smoke and mirrors. It looks to me to be an attempt at exploiting the "new little indie" sentiment, as well as snuffing out competition (aka, their old games) for their new games after misidentifying why RoomGirl failed. In the 90s, when illusion management learned business, this would've made perfect sense, and likely worked..

Now though? Communication is too fast, and people have long since torn this game apart and found well enough to settle some minds.
reminds me of Dane Cook's(I think?) old joke about a rough part of New York where ppl got mugged or killed a lot..

"it's nicer now, we painted it.." :whistle:

aboba54

Feb 22, 2021
After digging some info it was interesting to find how many companies are behind Illusion.
Illusion is a subsidiary company of IONE. IONE is a subsidiary of Heart Electronics, which also owns InterHeart(a 2d eroge company with lots of their own brands). Besides that Illusion had TeaTime which created 3d anime games, while Illusion was focused on more realistic graphics at that time. So that's how the structure looks like

1695281330448.png
They even share the same building.
From IONE website: HI Building 3F, 1-10-1 Nishi-Kanagawa, Kanagawa-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture
From InterHeart: JR Keihin Tohoku Line, near Higashi Kanagawa Station

Last edited:

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019
After digging some info it was interesting to find how many companies are behind Illusion.
Illusion is a subsidiary company of IONE. IONE is a subsidiary of Heart Electronics, which also owns InterHeart(a 2d eroge company with lots of their own brands). Besides that Illusion had TeaTime which created 3d anime games, while Illusion was focused on more realistic graphics at that time. So that's how the structure looks like

View attachment 2945490
They even share the same building.
From IONE website: HI Building 3F, 1-10-1 Nishi-Kanagawa, Kanagawa-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture
From InterHeart: JR Keihin Tohoku Line, near Higashi Kanagawa Station
Ye, it's quite the rabbit hole. Nice corporate structure if I do say so, kinda impressed. Now, if they could catch on to the 90s being over and done with, maybe they'd impress elsewhere as well on the business side >P

Reactions: Dawoodi

gyrobot

Dec 20, 2017
I was wondering why does the game go into a perpetual loop when loading a saved game for main playthrough, I want to have sex with Pal but can't because of that.

KuronCZ

Jul 21, 2018
Hey, guys, does anybody have that "Sauceke's WebRequestBlocker", but only that without any other mods?

When I install whole pack from ScrewThisNoise, the game won't start at all...

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
sry but I'm lost, why do you and other ppl seem to think this isn't the same group of devs from illusion, with just a different name? it's almost exactly the same game mechanics and creation as their past games.. like someone else said, it's like honeyselect and koikatsu combined in a lot of ways..

or are just giving benefit of doubt since we don't 100% know?
It's more likely that what ScrewThisNoise said is closer to the truth than simply say they are the same devs.
I read a few months ago that Illusion was selling their rights, but I have no informations about who bought it if someone did.
By the way my answer is yes, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt because japanese people are way crazier than us. :sneaky:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Shadowclonezero

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019
i want to try the game out but i worry about its data collecting, anything i should know before pulling the trigger?
Data collection in this game is as follows.

Every time you view the main menu, both on game start and if you return to it in game, the game sends its version number to ILLGAMES, primarily so that it can check if there's a new ToS available, if it is found to be updated, it shows the ToS Screen.

This in and off itself is not a major problem, but on the back end, that information could be logged alongside IP Address, so combined with a general distrust of illusion, that makes me at least uneasy.

This will be up to the individual just how uneasy it makes them, but my repacks, and HF patch for that matter, blocks the game from sending anything to ILLGAMES.

I have a pack with just said blocking:

Do note that if the game doesn't start, you may need as well (just put that in the \BepInEx\patchers folder. after that, keep in mind, the game may take a min to boot on first attempt, as it needs to read the IL2CPP metadata

PotatoG6

Jun 1, 2018
Data collection in this game is as follows.

Every time you view the main menu, both on game start and if you return to it in game, the game sends its version number to ILLGAMES, primarily so that it can check if there's a new ToS available, if it is found to be updated, it shows the ToS Screen.

This in and off itself is not a major problem, but on the back end, that information could be logged alongside IP Address, so combined with a general distrust of illusion, that makes me at least uneasy.

This will be up to the individual just how uneasy it makes them, but my repacks, and HF patch for that matter, blocks the game from sending anything to ILLGAMES.

I have a pack with just said blocking:

Do note that if the game doesn't start, you may need as well (just put that in the \BepInEx\patchers folder. after that, keep in mind, the game may take a min to boot on first attempt, as it needs to read the IL2CPP metadata
Good thing this isn't illusion.

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019
It's more likely that what ScrewThisNoise said is closer to the truth than simply say they are the same devs.
I read a few months ago that Illusion was selling their rights, but I have no informations about who bought it if someone did.
By the way my answer is yes, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt because japanese people are way crazier than us. :sneaky:
I know several attempts at their IP was made, and from what I hear, the message from Illusion was pretty much "We do not intend to sell any of our old games, either as full games, assets or IP rights", so would take any reports of IP sales with extreme scepticism.

Hell, I still get requests for assistance with contacting illusion to attempt to acquire the IPs, some users seem to think that I'm the unofficial Illusion HelpDesk :p

2.90 star(s) 26 Votes