May 24, 2023
Worth downloading this game instead of Koikatsu or Koikatsu Sunshine?
If you mean downloading as in 'buying' then no.

Koikatsu Party and Sunshine are better than Honeycome. It has more content, support by fans and mods compared to Honeycome.
While Honeycome has updated graphics and features that Koikatsu doesn't have, such as having to change hairstyles in the clothing option instead of having to change through the decorations and hair mods, both the cost and the features is not justifiable.
To make matters difficult, the devs made modding to this game prohibited resulting in limited mod support

justaplayer69

Nov 29, 2023
To make matters difficult, the devs made modding to this game prohibited resulting in limited mod support
This is not entirely true. Modding was prohibited in KK and KKS as well, not that anybody cared too much (or at all, neither the community nor Illusion gave a sh*t). HC has the same EULA as KK and KKS regarding to modding, there's no difference.

On the other hand KK and KKS used Unity with IL bytecode, while HC uses Unity with CPP native machine code, so modders have to familiarize themselves with the different technology first and that's why there are fewer mods for now. I'm sure they will come around eventually. And once we have the plugins, community created content will follow.

You just have to be patient. "Thy kingdom will come, as in heaven, so on thy computer!"

AdamEve9

Nov 12, 2019
Have a full range of mods been developed yet? uncensor? i heard about the release, etc. but have not kept up thanks for any new info ...
am hopeful but cautious.

so the download posted in page1 is this the full game or just an update /patch? I saw it on Steam but was not sure if this is the full game.

I saw a version on BePix.. says it is modded so perhaps it has the undensor mod improved some? thanks for input much appreciate. Still learning the options to KK and just learning my way round KK too.

Last edited:

GuyInDogSuit

Aug 12, 2017
Have a full range of mods been developed yet? uncensor? i heard about the release, etc. but have not kept up thanks for any new info ...
am hopeful but cautious.

so the download posted in page1 is this the full game or just an update /patch? I saw it on Steam but was not sure if this is the full game.

I saw a version on BePix.. says it is modded so perhaps it has the undensor mod improved some? thanks for input much appreciate. Still learning the options to KK and just learning my way round KK too.

This is the full game, with the decensor included. ScrewThisNoise/STN releases games under the "BetterRepack" series, including Honey Select 1 & 2 and Koikatsu Sunshine. The decensor mod hasn't changed since initial release, though there are other mods slowly becoming available. You can find some characters and mods on Bepis, but Pixiv is a better bet. Might have to search under the Japanese language names, though.

PixelLewd

Jan 31, 2022
So had a bit of a hunch/gut instinct and decided to check the official site once more. Lo and behold another free update has arrived! But sadly a very mediocre one if I may say so myself, as it only has 2 new hair attachments for head accessories and 12 new things to play around with in the Digital Craft/Studio part of the game, including of course the hair things

View attachment parts_1.webp View attachment parts_2.webp View attachment parts_3.webp View attachment parts_4.webp View attachment parts_1.webp View attachment parts_2.webp View attachment parts_3.webp View attachment parts_4.webp

justaplayer69

Nov 29, 2023
Is there any website or archive or anything with scenes for this game i can download?
honeycome-uploader.illgames.jp/list/scene

About 2500 scenes and steadily growing (as of April 2024), but in lack of a timeline plugin most of them are not very interesting. Also make sure you have all the latest mods otherwise DigitalCraft will freeze without a notification or message upon loading certain scenes (BetterRepack 1.4.1 seems to work fine for all scenes so far).

justaplayer69

Nov 29, 2023
Is there a way to export the characters you make to blender?
Nope. I've tried to fix various KK PMX plugins to get them working with HC, but no luck so far. Most promising is imho.

BetterRepack includes SB3Utility, which is said to be capable of exporting the mesh in FBX format, however that tool is buggy as hell and never worked for me, just drops an exception ("System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SB3Utility.Properties.Settings' threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null."), so I cannot confirm this. But maybe it does start on your computer, at least worth a try (it is in the [UTILITY] KKManager\SB3UGS folder).

Nowaru

Nov 8, 2017
Ok, that made me laugh more than it should have.

But for an actual answer, yes your character and/or the 2nd "man" can be either a regular guy or a futa. I don't think it changes any of the girls' lines, but it's not like the game has much dialogue anyway.

Has there been any content added in the last 8 months or did they already give up and leave it to the VN makers and modders?
The biggest content addition has been the Dolce expansion in December, that added two new characters/voice sets and the studio mode. Other than that, just minor free updates every now and then adding a few pieces of clothes and accessories.

fucktastic

Oct 14, 2018
Actually playing as futa changes the girls dialogue in the first time H and yes she addresses you as a girl (in both honey select2 and honeycome).

2.90 star(s) 23 Votes