2.70 star(s) 15 Votes

ThatBoy

Sep 8, 2018
Sorry for the delays so far! The slowdown issue is one that I was looking into right before my dog got sick(she's... gone now, and we miss her so much.), and it should be fixable. We had the bad luck of our AC breaking down at the wrong time as well, so I really can't use my main PC yet as it's sort of a heat monster, but I'll start work on my laptop as soon as I can on getting all the bugs fixed.

Essentially, the slowdown problem comes down to the battle system's states, which are supposed to wear off after a certain period of time. When the battle system is preemptively disabled (mostly only due to death, as far as I can tell) then the state is disabled, but the speed is never properly reset.

It's a tricky one to debug, because I thought it would remove itself naturally if I changed the order of death processing, but that seemed to have failed and my tests didn't catch it. I'll have it fixed as soon as I can.

It should be fixable by just adjusting the character's speed values though, so worst-case scenario if I can't auto-fix it via the updater running I'll have a speed adjustment set up in the debug tool so you could fix it yourself (or even speed yourself up if you're feeling cheaty!)

There is a little bit after the cats (It's a wave-style boss, take out the males first as they're the ones tied to the spawning), but not much implemented yet, just a few levels with some werewolves.
F for your dog :( I know the pain. But thanks for the swift reply.

Reactions: hgameartman

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
There is also an issue with the pantry minigame, the game freezes/crashes most of the time after pressing start.
Still can't figure out that one, but the workaround seems to be to choose easy mode (no imps) complete one round, then the harder difficulties should work again.

I still have no idea what is causing this, but if I had to guess it feels like I adjusted plugins when I added mod support so some sort of back-end code broke on it since I haven't touched it in ages. Can't tell entirely cause it's somewhat inconsistent and the freeze prevents any sort of console debugging information.

Might have to just re-write the minigame or rip apart the code if it continues, but it's hard to test because it's so inconsistent on starting. Once it does it's consistently broken, but until then iono what causes it to start acting up.

ThatBoy

Sep 8, 2018
Still can't figure out that one, but the workaround seems to be to choose easy mode (no imps) complete one round, then the harder difficulties should work again.

I still have no idea what is causing this, but if I had to guess it feels like I adjusted plugins when I added mod support so some sort of back-end code broke on it since I haven't touched it in ages. Can't tell entirely cause it's somewhat inconsistent and the freeze prevents any sort of console debugging information.

Might have to just re-write the minigame or rip apart the code if it continues, but it's hard to test because it's so inconsistent on starting. Once it does it's consistently broken, but until then iono what causes it to start acting up.
How do you choose the difficulties ? I wasn't given any choices despite being capped at 156 gold. And can you choose less then 4 classes for a new semester ? Because I didn't have enough money for a fourth classe and the game didn't let me choose only 3 classes so I had to reload a save in order to get more money. ( sorry I had a lot of questions )

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
How do you choose the difficulties ? I wasn't given any choices despite being capped at 156 gold. And can you choose less then 4 classes for a new semester ? Because I didn't have enough money for a fourth classe and the game didn't let me choose only 3 classes so I had to reload a save in order to get more money. ( sorry I had a lot of questions )
You can choose less classes than 4, you could even choose 0 if you want! The game just asks if you're sure you want to take less than a full courseload. I think you have to go back to the first selection choice menu and select (finish) from there though, since I re-did the entire UI for class selection it's been a little different.

That's... odd. I didn't know there was freezing/crashes at the start of the first (default) difficulty (you unlock more through playing the pantry minigame repeatedly, also adds a separate boost to the payout up to a cap of 200 total.

I'll look into it more, thanks for letting me know!

Reactions: ThatBoy

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
... And can you choose less then 4 classes for a new semester ? Because I didn't have enough money for a fourth classe and the game didn't let me choose only 3 classes so I had to reload a save in order to get more money. ( sorry I had a lot of questions )
The way to deal with not having enough money to take four classes is to take self study classes that are cheap instead of no classes. The reason is that you want to get the maximum scolarship at the end of each semester and you need to have top scores in four classes for that. Taking four classes at two hundred each will turn a profit at the end of the semester.

belisarian

Dec 11, 2017
Yo, really nice game, you have made decent progress since I have seen it first time.

On goblin minigame issue/bug there seem to be two things that activate it, first getting to 2. semester, that can be solved by running trough goblin minigame on minimal difficulty, then second thing that can trigger it seems to be Nurse Aid first shift, once I went there bug appeared again and now it cannot be removed by lowest difficulty as it bugs even that.

From looks of it it is trying to spawn infinite number of fruits in that minigame when it is bugged so perhaps some broken timer between spawns.

Here is save, hope that can be of any help, before Nurse shift(14) and after(15), you can test that before it works fine and after it is bugged.
(I have used debug tool to give myself stats and gold, not sure if that is important)

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Yo, really nice game, you have made decent progress since I have seen it first time.

On goblin minigame issue/bug there seem to be two things that activate it, first getting to 2. semester, that can be solved by running trough goblin minigame on minimal difficulty, then second thing that can trigger it seems to be Nurse Aid first shift, once I went there bug appeared again and now it cannot be removed by lowest difficulty as it bugs even that.

From looks of it it is trying to spawn infinite number of fruits in that minigame when it is bugged so perhaps some broken timer between spawns.

Here is save, hope that can be of any help, before Nurse shift(14) and after(15), you can test that before it works fine and after it is bugged.
(I have used debug tool to give myself stats and gold, not sure if that is important)

Thanks a lot for this! It looks like it's a combination of issues that's causing it then, the first stemming from the re-designed class selection methods (which would start semester 2) and then the newly-implemented nurse PTJ. I know where to start to fix it now! (though I really should go back and re-do the code for it later, or perhaps add something interesting to it or something!)

I finally managed to get back onto work after the heatwave passed (AC is still broke, but it's cool enough to work!) (And work continued downstairs, just was focused on planning and art re-designs after I recovered a little from my loss)

Should be able to get a bugfix patch out within the next few days covering several of the major, game-breaking issues everyone found, as well as a fix I got in for the major saving issue where it moves you into walls!

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A lot of major ones too!
Win:
Mac:

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
If you have the debug tool, that can sometimes be fixed by toggling on and then off combat mode.

It's a strange bug, as sometimes it's dependent on the direction your facing when you're defeated, but I'll try to get it fixed as soon as I can!

Volensheit

May 25, 2017
What are the ingredients for the slowness flask?

Can't seem to get it to show up in recipe mode and the requirements aren't fully displayed

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
What are the ingredients for the slowness flask?

Can't seem to get it to show up in recipe mode and the requirements aren't fully displayed
It's... broken right now.

I had a report that it was broken and not showing up earlier.(specifically, it seems to break if you have most other recipes already). I tried to fix it but realized that the entire system needed to be dismantled to work properly because I was a moron and had little experience with rpgmaker's systems and javascript when I wrote the code for it back in January.

Rather than just create a little hotfix(which isn't likely to work because it's broken at its core), I'll be re-doing how the game handles potions and ingredients, and fix up both free-crafting(which is missing a bunch of recipes!) as well as recipe crafting so it all properly works. It's a fix that will take a little more time, but I'm hopeful I'll at least get to the bulk of it by the end of the next major update in a few weeks.

wolfyjrb15

Aug 28, 2020
If you have the debug tool, that can sometimes be fixed by toggling on and then off combat mode.

It's a strange bug, as sometimes it's dependent on the direction your facing when you're defeated, but I'll try to get it fixed as soon as I can!
where is the debug tool?

Dec 13, 2017
New semester, trying to select classes. I picked 'only available' then went to page 3 and... I can't do anything. Cursor won't move, pressing confirm and cancel makes a noise but does nothing.

As long as I don't go to page 3 I was able to select classes though.

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Is there only one group sex scene with the goblins?

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Is there only one group sex scene with the goblins?
The imps have two scenes, but only one where they gang up on you (in the minigame).
The second is a sort of combined event if your fall prey to the ghost traps in the school's second-floor dungeon later on.

2.70 star(s) 15 Votes